Should a President be impeached over defying SCOTUS?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this as I reject the notion that only the 9 black robes can identify what is Constitutional.

Appointing political stooges matters little to me.

Should Biden be impeached for defying the SCOTUS ruling that he cannot forgive student debt?

Democrats be like, get me out of here!!

1710854589728.png

I have mixed feelings about this as I reject the notion that only the 9 black robes can identify what is Constitutional.

Should Biden be impeached for defying the SCOTUS ruling that he cannot forgive student debt?
Knock yourself out. So far, the attempts at revenge impeachment have fallen flat on their faces. Republicans can't even get Devon Archer to come back and testify for their inquiry. :auiqs.jpg:

Using a loophole to get around Congressional inaction and a SC ruling doesn't qualify as an impeachable offense.
Balls of brass....but not impeachable. :)

Knock yourself out. So far, the attempts at revenge impeachment have fallen flat on their faces. Republicans can't even get Devon Archer to come back and testify for their inquiry. :auiqs.jpg:

Using a loophole to get around Congressional inaction and a SC ruling doesn't qualify as an impeachable offense.
First we need an opposition party to conduct it

Can one be formed?

He is not defying SCOTUS they are using existing rules of the DOE.

It is a false premise that the Supreme Court ruled Biden couldn't forgive student loans.

Its ruling was that he couldn't do so using The Heroes Act which permits loan forgiveness only in event of a war, other military action, or a national emergency. A while back when I looked up where Biden was getting the money to forgive these loans, I recall reading something about him using Pell grant funds and other means.

It is like when congress didn't fund the wall. The shame of it is, is that the government allocates so much money to be tossed around that where there's a will, there's a way.

Biden is complying with the terms of their decision

As long as Biden has the DOJ stooge in his hip pocket, he's Teflon.

Show some honesty

He did not defy them. The ruling said he could not use a specific program for doing so. They are not using that program.

The ruling did not say any forgiveness was not allowed.

The Democrats have made a joke out of Constitutional Impeachment. By the new "standard" set by the Democrats, Biden has committed multiple Impeachable offenses including flipping off the Supreme Court with his student loan forgiveness EOs.

It's all part of the "modern Democrats" undermining every American institution to hold onto power.

Yes

The Democrats have made a joke out of Constitutional Impeachment. By the new "standard" set by the Democrats, Biden has committed multiple Impeachable offenses including flipping off the Supreme Court with his student loan forgiveness EOs.

It's all part of the "modern Democrats" undermining every American institution to hold onto power.
Again, this not an impeachable offense.

First you need a real reason to impeach.
Not made up ones done out of spite and revenge.
But democrats have already set that precedent. They did not have real reasons to impeach and they have been hell bent on revenge for over six years now. Hell, Pelosi impeached Trump after he had already lost he election.

Someone has to have the final say in it, and the Constitution gives that responsibility to the judicial branch.

Btw, impeachment means nothing unless the Senate convicts. It’s like being accused of a crime only to have the charges dropped in court.

Forum List

Back