Shootings in Britain

Should have anticipated the usual deluge of cut and paste...hey ho.

2aguy said:
There is no need to register guns. No reason at all.

Then why register cars? So, you know which gun belongs to which owner, and when it’s sold on, the transfer of ownership is recorded. You do it for cars, why not guns, which are arguably as much if not more dangerous.

Guns are easily traded or sold between criminals and easily concealed and kept for years.......cars aren't passed around the same way a gun is....you doofus.

2aguy said:
You stated that crime around the world went down a the same time.....you failed to mention that crime in the U.S. went down more and faster than crime around the world.

I recall asking you to provide a link to this “revelation” on Monday. As you keep repeating yourself and in all your frenzied BS cut and paste spree, did you forget?

Here...dumb ass.....

Again...gun murder in the U.S. down 49%, gun crime down 75%....violent crime down 72%....

Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2019...guess what happened...

New Concealed Carry Report For 2020: 19.48 Million Permit Holders, 820,000 More Than Last Year despite many states shutting down issuing permits because of the Coronavirus - Crime Prevention Research Center

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
=========
=========

In fact, the homicide patterns observed across countries spread throughout the world are strikingly similar over time. Despite having unique cultures, criminal justice policies and systems of governance, countries in North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania have seen homicide reduce by similar magnitudes over similar time periods.

Between 1990 and 2015, in both North America and Western Europe, the number of homicide victims per 100,000 people declined by 46%, while Asia saw a reduction of 38%, and Oceania of 22%.

2aguy said:
You stated that crime around the world went down a the same time.....you failed to mention that crime in the U.S. went down more and faster than crime around the world.

I recall asking you to provide a link to this “revelation” on Monday. As you keep repeating yourself and in all your frenzied BS cut and paste spree, did you forget?

Now....you provide your link showing crime rates around the world dropping at the same time.......thanks.

Keep in mind.......as the crime rates around the world dropped, more and more Americans were buying and carrying guns...... "Science" shows us that adding that variable to the dropping crime rates did not increase the crime rate in the U.S.........so again, you don't know what you are talking about.

Right on cue, another torrent of BS and projection arrives.

2aguy said:
Actual research, you dumb twit.....I posted the research, the names of the researchers and quotes pointing out that you don't know what you are talking about.....you can lie about Dr. Lott......but you can't deny his research…

I suppose calling him “doctor” gives him some caché and lends credibility when you call what he does “research” with the more gullible, but to everyone else, a PhD in Economics, is just another university degree. As I’ve said before, his “research” consists of wildly extrapolating from limited sample surveys of dubious quality and creating a fantasy world where guns solve every problem. To the rabid gun nut brigade, he’s a messianic guru; to normal people he’s a disgraced academic who couldn’t get work in reputable educational establishments so was forced to create his own “think tank”. But as they say chacun à son gout.

2aguy said:
…your emotional attachment to gun control…

You keep mistaking me for someone else. I have no emotional attachment to gun control.

As I’ve stated time after time, I like guns, I used to own three handguns when it was legal to do so in the UK and spent a lot of my spare time on the shooting range. In that respect, I’m possibly your worst nightmare, someone who’s not afraid of guns but sees the value in gun registration, licensing after strict background/medical/psychological checks and extensive compulsory training in handling and safe storing of firearms. In other words responsible gun ownership.

I do not see the value of letting every Tom, Dick or Harry carry guns around without any restrictions; the situation you have in the USA. I do not subscribe to the myth that the only thing stopping a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

2aguy said:
…I post actual sources of research and data...

Data based on limited polling that is then extrapolated to fit whatever the “researcher” wants. Your "researchers" shoot an arrow, see where it lands then paint a target around it and cry, “bullseye”. For every bit of “research” you post, I suspect I can find someone who has debunked it, if I could be bothered.

2aguy said:
…In fact, the homicide patterns observed across countries spread throughout the world are strikingly similar over time. Despite having unique cultures, criminal justice policies and systems of governance, countries in North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania have seen homicide reduce by similar magnitudes over similar time periods…

2a guy said:
Now....you provide your link showing crime rates around the world dropping at the same time.......thanks.

So I asked you to provide a link to prove your assertion that crime rates went down faster in the US than in other Western countries and you end up disproving your own argument! Priceless!

Oh, here’s your link. Homicide is declining around the world because we’re getting old ROFL! And...no mention of guns as a conributing factor...too much! :auiqs.jpg:

“Between 1990 and 2015, in both North America and Western Europe, the number of homicide victims per 100,000 people declined by 46%” :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

...Meanwhile in America...
Eight people shot in a shopping Mall that WASN'T a GUN FREE ZONE, where were all those "good guys with guns"?

Hey.....dumb ass....you don't know what you are talking about...

Mayfair Mall is a gun free zone...which means normal Americans can't bring their legal guns with them to the mall....you dumb ass....

Examples of specific activities that are prohibited include but are not limited to:

• Disruptive profanity, vulgar or threatening language
  • Unnecessarily blocking walkways, roadways or storefronts
  • Running, horseplay or disorderly conduct of any nature
  • Excessive loitering
  • Operating unauthorized recreational and/or personal transportation devices in the shopping center
  • No firearms or illegal weapons

From the mall spokesman...

Mayfair has a strict no-gun policy. If the shooter had complied with that policy, no one would have been hurt (Friday)."

Eight people shot in a shopping Mall that WASN'T a GUN FREE ZONE, where were all those "good guys with guns"?

Moron.....doofus......you don't know what you are talking about.....the mall was a gun free zone....read post #569 you dope.

2aguy said:
…In fact, the homicide patterns observed across countries spread throughout the world are strikingly similar over time. Despite having unique cultures, criminal justice policies and systems of governance, countries in North America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania have seen homicide reduce by similar magnitudes over similar time periods…

2a guy said:

So I asked you to provide a link to prove your assertion that crime rates went down faster in the US than in other Western countries and you end up disproving your own argument! Priceless!

Oh, here’s your link. Homicide is declining around the world because we’re getting old ROFL! And...no mention of guns as a conributing factor...too much! :auiqs.jpg:

“Between 1990 and 2015, in both North America and Western Europe, the number of homicide victims per 100,000 people declined by 46%” :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Are you really this fucking stupid....

You made the statement that crime rates were going down around the world....that includes the United States.

While these crime rates were going down......Americans were buying and carrying guns in larger numbers than ever before...

In science....you doofus........when you have an experiment and you add a variable.....if that variable doesn't change anything, that variable has had no effect on the issue....you doofus...

Guns in the hands of normal people do not increase the gun crime rate...the gun murder rate, or the violent crime rate....

Your point about decreasing crime rates shows this......you dumb ass.....

2aguy said:

2a guy said:

Gun murder went down 49% in the U.S.......gun crime went down 75%.....violent crime by 75%......

Those numbers...doofus, are higher than 46%.....

Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2019...guess what happened...

New Concealed Carry Report For 2020: 19.48 Million Permit Holders, 820,000 More Than Last Year despite many states shutting down issuing permits because of the Coronavirus - Crime Prevention Research Center

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

You really need to stop mixing your booze with your meds.....you doofus...

2aguy said:
…your emotional attachment to gun control…

You keep mistaking me for someone else. I have no emotional attachment to gun control.

As I’ve stated time after time, I like guns, I used to own three handguns when it was legal to do so in the UK and spent a lot of my spare time on the shooting range. In that respect, I’m possibly your worst nightmare, someone who’s not afraid of guns but sees the value in gun registration, licensing after strict background/medical/psychological checks and extensive compulsory training in handling and safe storing of firearms. In other words responsible gun ownership.

I do not see the value of letting every Tom, Dick or Harry carry guns around without any restrictions; the situation you have in the USA. I do not subscribe to the myth that the only thing stopping a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Tell that to British police.......as they now are arming more and more police...with guns....

Right on cue, another torrent of BS and projection arrives.

2aguy said:
Actual research, you dumb twit.....I posted the research, the names of the researchers and quotes pointing out that you don't know what you are talking about.....you can lie about Dr. Lott......but you can't deny his research…

I suppose calling him “doctor” gives him some caché and lends credibility when you call what he does “research” with the more gullible, but to everyone else, a PhD in Economics, is just another university degree. As I’ve said before, his “research” consists of wildly extrapolating from limited sample surveys of dubious quality and creating a fantasy world where guns solve every problem. To the rabid gun nut brigade, he’s a messianic guru; to normal people he’s a disgraced academic who couldn’t get work in reputable educational establishments so was forced to create his own “think tank”. But as they say chacun à son gout.

Dipshit...you don't even know the people involved...you are attacking Dr. Gary Kleck....not Dr. John Lott....you doofus.....

Lott looked at crime data from every county in the United States, you dumb ass, and recorded crime rates before and after Concealed carry laws were passed in states......showing crime rates going down ...

Dr. Kleck did the research into gun use in self defense....you dumb ass.......and to try to discredit his research the Centers for Disease Control did the same research...and hid the data after they found 1.1 million defensive gun uses...at the same time, you dumb ass...the Department of Justice also did their own research into defensive gun use....and found 1.5 million times on average that Americans use guns for self defense.....

You don't know what you are talking about...or who you are attacking....

2aguy said:

Data based on limited polling that is then extrapolated to fit whatever the “researcher” wants. Your "researchers" shoot an arrow, see where it lands then paint a target around it and cry, “bullseye”. For every bit of “research” you post, I suspect I can find someone who has debunked it, if I could be bothered.

You just cited the research methods of anti-gun extremists........that is how they have to do research since the truth, facts and reality don't support their research........

2aguy said:

Dipshit...both Lott and Kleck were anti-gun advocates at the time they did their research, you dumb ass...they had no dog in the fight when they did their research......you don't know what you are talking about.

Meanwhile, in Britain.....the land of gun control...

Police struggle to stop flood of firearms into UK

Police and border officials are struggling to stop a rising supply of illegal firearms being smuggled into Britain, a senior police chief has warned.

Chief constable Andy Cooke, the national police lead for serious and organised crime, said law enforcement had seen an increased supply of guns over the past year, and feared that it would continue in 2019

The Guardian has learned that the situation is so serious that the National Crime Agency has taken the rare step of using its legal powers to direct every single police force to step up the fight against illegal guns.

The NCA has used tasking powers to direct greater intelligence about firearms to be gathered by all 43 forces in England and Wales.

Another senior law enforcement official said that “new and clean” weapons were now being used in the majority of shootings, as opposed to guns once being so difficult to obtain that they would be “rented out” to be used in multiple crimes.

Cooke, the Merseyside chief constable, told the Guardian: “We in law enforcement expect the rise in new firearms to continue. We are doing all we can. We are not in a position to stop it anytime soon.

“Law enforcement is more joined up now than before, but the scale of the problem is such that despite a number of excellent firearms seizures, I expect the rise in supply to be a continuing issue.”

The increasing supply of guns belies problems with UK border security and innovations by organised crime gangs. Smugglers have increasingly found new ways and innovative routes to get guns past border defences.

Cooke said that the dynamics of the streets of British cities had changed and that criminals were more willing to use guns: “If they bring them in people will buy them. It’s a kudos thing for organised criminals.”

Simon Brough, head of firearms at the NCA, said: “The majority of guns being used are new, clean firearms ... which indicates a relatively fluid supply.”

He said shotguns were 40% of the total, with an increase in burglaries to try and steal them.

Handguns are the next biggest category, most often smuggled in from overseas, with ferry ports such as Dover being a popular entry point into the UK for organised crime groups:

“We’re doing a lot to fight back against it,” Brough said, adding that compared to other European countries, the availability in the UK was relatively lower.
==========

Hey, genius.....which British gun control law stops this guy from walking into a mall, a church or a theater in Britain and shooting people?

He has the gun, and your gun control laws can't stop him.....so again, which gun control law keeps him from walking into a mall?

A woman is in a life-threatening condition in hospital after being shot in London.
Police and ambulance crews were called to Westgate Street, Hackney, at 20:52 GMT on Sunday.
The victim, thought to be in her 30s, was found with gunshot injuries and was treated at the scene before being taken to hospital.

Yeah.....the mall shooting was likely a gang shooting......a hispanic 15 year old has been arrested.

So you can have some actual knowledge about gun issues......15 year olds in the U.S. cannot legally buy, own or carry handguns in the U.S. and it was illegal for him to carry a gun into that mall regardless of age.........gun control doesn't stop criminals from getting guns.....

Keep in mind....normal gun owners are the only ones who didn't bring their legal guns to the mall that day, while the criminal teenager, who can't legally buy, own or carry a gun, carried an illegal gun into the gun free zone of the mall......

Forum List

Back