Shooting in Dublin, automatic weapons and pistols...but...but...gun control?

What's Ireland's murder rate again?

Irish citizens may not own handgun for self-defense, and there are no concealed carry permits in the country, and less than 2,000 legally registered handguns of any kind. There are 177,000 sporting shotguns and 54,000 registered hunting rifles in Ireland, and authorities think their are another 150,000 unregistered firearms.

If these gangs do go into an open war as some fear, there is little or nothing that the Irish people can do to defend themselves, other than ran and hide.

So, did these laws stop these assassins?
What is it? 1/5 of the U.S.'s? 1/6? I need you to tell me the exact rate before I can calculate.

And here you go....gun crime is up in Ireland....21%...but their murder rate is down....their gun crime is based on their criminals sub culture, not their gun control laws....

Latest statistics show increase in gun crime

Possession of a firearm increased by 21 per cent to 214 cases in the 12-month period to the end of June, compared to the 12-month period to the end of June last year.

It may suggest resurgence in gun crime after a sharp decline since the 2007-2008 period when the drugs trade collapsed along with the wider economy.

However, the latest data also reveals cases of discharging a firearm were down by two per cent.

Your article says weapon offences are down. And the murder rate is too? Hmm... why could that be?

Bout the same as Utahs. Point???
No it's half as much as Utah's. What was your point?

So, the Irish police fear a gang war......how is that possible exactly? They have gun control in Ireland...so their criminals can't get guns..right? Except for the fully automatic rifles and the pistols that the assassins used..right?
The overwhelming majority of their criminals couldn't get guns. Leading to their homicide which was.... what was it again?

Wrong.....again....since they obviously got fully automatic rifles, and as many pistols as they needed.....and during the "Troubles" they also got all the weapons they wanted.

Taking guns away from normal people didn't lower their gun crime rate.
You're saying the overwhelming majority of criminals in Ireland did have guns?

I am saying criminals in Ireland get guns when they want or need them. Wether they get them is up to the criminal, not the gun control laws.

However, gun control works like a charm on law abiding citizens....they don't have guns even when they need them...criminals....still get them easily...

Irish citizens may not own handgun for self-defense, and there are no concealed carry permits in the country, and less than 2,000 legally registered handguns of any kind. There are 177,000 sporting shotguns and 54,000 registered hunting rifles in Ireland, and authorities think their are another 150,000 unregistered firearms.

If these gangs do go into an open war as some fear, there is little or nothing that the Irish people can do to defend themselves, other than ran and hide.

What is it? 1/5 of the U.S.'s? 1/6? I need you to tell me the exact rate before I can calculate.

And here you go....gun crime is up in Ireland....21%...but their murder rate is down....their gun crime is based on their criminals sub culture, not their gun control laws....

Possession of a firearm increased by 21 per cent to 214 cases in the 12-month period to the end of June, compared to the 12-month period to the end of June last year.

It may suggest resurgence in gun crime after a sharp decline since the 2007-2008 period when the drugs trade collapsed along with the wider economy.

However, the latest data also reveals cases of discharging a firearm were down by two per cent.

Your article says weapon offences are down. And the murder rate is too? Hmm... why could that be?

What part of this number did you miss...

No it's half as much as Utah's. What was your point?

So, the Irish police fear a gang war......how is that possible exactly? They have gun control in Ireland...so their criminals can't get guns..right? Except for the fully automatic rifles and the pistols that the assassins used..right?
The overwhelming majority of their criminals couldn't get guns. Leading to their homicide which was.... what was it again?

Wrong.....again....since they obviously got fully automatic rifles, and as many pistols as they needed.....and during the "Troubles" they also got all the weapons they wanted.

I am saying criminals in Ireland get guns when they want or need them. Wether they get them is up to the criminal, not the gun control laws.

However, gun control works like a charm on law abiding citizens....they don't have guns even when they need them...criminals....still get them easily...
They can get guns when they want or need them? Are they stupid then? It's much easier to commit a crime if you have a gun. Why are they so dumb?

They can get guns when they want or need them? Are they stupid then? It's much easier to commit a crime if you have a gun. Why are they so dumb?

ask them......even before Britain banned guns their gun crime rate was lower than ours....then after they confiscated their guns their gun crime rate first spiked, yes spiked, and then went right back to where it was before.........

Europeans tend to be easier victims...part of their cultural pacifism brought on by experiencing the 2 World Wars and a culture of class systems over hundreds of years....

Attempts of threats to murder, assaults and harassments are up 10 per cent, to 16,054 offences.

Maybe Irish criminals are getting smarter... since car hijackings and threats of murder are significantly up. Not surprising since an increase in guns makes it easier for a criminal to get one.

These criminals certainly had no problem getting their guns......fully automatic rifles..again, as I have said, it seems to be the preferred weapon of European criminals.

Maybe Irish criminals are getting smarter... since car hijackings and threats of murder are significantly up. Not surprising since an increase in guns makes it easier for a criminal to get one.

Yeah, how is that exactly, they haven't changed their gun control laws.......? And Ireland, last time I looked, was an island.....so they can't just drive across a border can they.....and again, they haven't changed their gun control laws...so their gun control laws only worked when the criminals decided they didn't need guns.....

ask them......even before Britain banned guns their gun crime rate was lower than ours....then after they confiscated their guns their gun crime rate first spiked, yes spiked, and then went right back to where it was before.........

Europeans tend to be easier victims...part of their cultural pacifism brought on by experiencing the 2 World Wars and a culture of class systems over hundreds of years....

Attempts of threats to murder, assaults and harassments are up 10 per cent, to 16,054 offences.
Are Britain's criminals stupid too? Since they can get a gun whenever they want, why do so few of them bother?

And you know...my parent's lived in Germany in the 1960s....and remarked how backward it was compared to the United States.....from the destruction of the War......I think that Europe is simply behind the U.S. in their criminals realizing how potent guns are for keeping their drug turf.....but that is changing. You are seeing more gun crime all across Europe...

These criminals certainly had no problem getting their guns......fully automatic rifles..again, as I have said, it seems to be the preferred weapon of European criminals.
They had no problem getting them? Then why don't more criminals there have them? If it's so easy, they have to be total retards to commit a crime with just a knife or their fists.

Are Britain's criminals stupid too? Since they can get a gun whenever they want, why do so few of them bother?

They are starting to bother......Britain is arming 600 more police...in response to upticks in gun violence and possible armed terrorists...in a country that confiscated guns....gun smuggling is a big issue in Britain...read my other posts....

And you know...my parent's lived in Germany in the 1960s....and remarked how backward it was compared to the United States.....from the destruction of the War......I think that Europe is simply behind the U.S. in their criminals realizing how potent guns are for keeping their drug turf.....but that is changing. You are seeing more gun crime all across Europe...
...And record sales and production of guns. Hmm... but that can't have anything to do with it.

They had no problem getting them? Then why don't more criminals there have them? If it's so easy, they have to be total retards to commit a crime with just a knife or their fists.

Not part of their culture.....they were disarmed after World War 1......our culture has a history of gun ownership...they are just now catching up. And of course they also have a culture of gas chambers and mass murder...but that is for another post.

...And record sales and production of guns. Hmm... but that can't have anything to do with it.

You do know that guns are illegal in Ireland.....for normal people...right....? So they can produce as many as they want...they can't own or carry them or buy them.....because of their gun control laws...right? Except for their criminals...who get guns when they want or need them.....like these 6 assassins with their illegal, fully automatic rifles....

Not part of their culture.....they were disarmed after World War 1......our culture has a history of gun ownership...they are just now catching up. And of course they also have a culture of gas chambers and mass murder...but that is for another post.
I've always said the best argument for the 2nd amendment in this country is that we're so flooded with guns and obsessed with guns that it is easier for a criminal to get a gun here than anywhere else in the world. So we might as well arm up.

European countries are fortunate to not have gun nuts

This is so unusual. 2AGuy started a thread about guns and gun control. I wonder what's gotten into him?
And it's always about a country where gun control works. You'd think he'd use better examples. :dunno:

Yeah.....you mean it worked like this......?

guns is illegal in Ireland?

When Guns Are Outlawed...

Two of the murderers were dressed as Irish Police and armed with AK-47 variants.

One of the assassins (left) was disguised as a woman with a bad wig.

The retaliation murder is an escalation of a conflict that started with the murder of a rival gang member hiding in Spain last September. The Irish police (the Garda) are concerned that the brutal public nature of the killing in front of hundreds of witnesses will trigger an all-out gang war.

The Garda thinks that they have identified three of the six assassins already thanks ot photos taken by bystanders, but finding and arresting them may be a whole other issue entirely.

Funny, that doesn't look like gun control to me.......of course gun control to you is normal gun owners who don't use guns to commit crime...that is what you mean by gun control...and it worked here too...not one law abiding Irish citizen had a gun at that boxing weigh in.....

Of course, the criminals had all the illegal guns they wanted.....

Dumb shit. Regardless of what law you speak of....it only influences the behavior of law abiding citizens.

Continuously.......meaning every fucking day of your miserable life......claiming that a law is pointless because some people break it.....makes you look like an idiot.

Forum List

Back