Shocker!! Joe Wilson Endorses Hillary

red states rule

May 30, 2006
This should send shockwaves through the political world

Valerie Plame's Husband Endorses Hillary

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential bid was endorsed Monday by the husband of the woman at the center of the scandal known as Plamegate.

Former Ambassador Joseph Wilson, a noted critic of the Iraq war who is married to Valerie Plame, told The Hill newspaper: "I have known Hillary Clinton for a decade. She is the one candidate who, in my judgment, understands the need to get Americans out of harm’s way and to move this to a political process.

"On day one, she will be able to reach out to the international community, and I am delighted to fight the fight with her.”

Wilson authored an op-ed article in the New York Times that accused the Bush administration of hyping a claim that Saddam Hussein's government tried to obtain yellowcake uranium from Niger.

Soon after, his wife, a covert CIA agent, had her identity leaked to the media. The resulting investigation led to the prosecution of former vice presidential chief of staff Lewis "Scooter" Libby on one count of obstruction of justice; two counts of perjury; and one count of making false statements to federal investigators. Libby was convicted on four of the charges and sentenced to 30 months in prison. President Bush commuted Libby's sentence.

Clinton praised Wilson to The Hill for "[standing up] to this administration and [holding] it accountable for the misinformation that led us into the Iraq war.”

"I’m so pleased that we share the goal of ending this war so that we can begin bringing our troops home safely."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/7/16/210917.shtml?s=ic

This should send shockwaves through the political world

Valerie Plame's Husband Endorses Hillary

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential bid was endorsed Monday by the husband of the woman at the center of the scandal known as Plamegate.

Former Ambassador Joseph Wilson, a noted critic of the Iraq war who is married to Valerie Plame, told The Hill newspaper: "I have known Hillary Clinton for a decade. She is the one candidate who, in my judgment, understands the need to get Americans out of harm’s way and to move this to a political process.

"On day one, she will be able to reach out to the international community, and I am delighted to fight the fight with her.”

Wilson authored an op-ed article in the New York Times that accused the Bush administration of hyping a claim that Saddam Hussein's government tried to obtain yellowcake uranium from Niger.

Soon after, his wife, a covert CIA agent, had her identity leaked to the media. The resulting investigation led to the prosecution of former vice presidential chief of staff Lewis "Scooter" Libby on one count of obstruction of justice; two counts of perjury; and one count of making false statements to federal investigators. Libby was convicted on four of the charges and sentenced to 30 months in prison. President Bush commuted Libby's sentence.

Clinton praised Wilson to The Hill for "[standing up] to this administration and [holding] it accountable for the misinformation that led us into the Iraq war.”

"I’m so pleased that we share the goal of ending this war so that we can begin bringing our troops home safely."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/7/16/210917.shtml?s=ic

Why would this come as any surprise? Joe Wilson didn't say a peep about Bush's SOTUA speech until after he joined the John Kerry campaign.

Forum List

Back