Sherman STILL mocking Crabtree

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
San Francisco 49ers News ? Niner Insider Blog » Richard Sherman mocks Michael Crabtree with autograph signing
Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman’s game-clinching tip of the ball in the NFC championship game — and his subsequent TV rant about San Francisco 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree — have already been etched into the annals of the rivalry.

But Sherman is still at it, apparently signing prints of the play with “Sorry Crabtree” under his autograph.

BkjiKNGIAAIoPZ5.jpg

[MENTION=18755]mal[/MENTION]

Although Sherman packages his mental warfare against Crabtree in a obnoxious "angry black man" format it isn't meant to mean anything to us.

Richard is living in Crabtree's head.. Also Larry Fitzgerald's. It won't be long before we hear Sherman saying something crazy about Green Bay recievers.

Sherman is making good use of the social media to promote his dominance at the Cornerback position and using people that read his BS to ask Crabtree what he thinks about it.

To make a short story long ... He is using classical mental warfare techniques of constantly reminding his adversaries that he is back there ...always behind them..

He is relentless in his pursuit of a space in these recievers heads.

The thing that makes it work is that he IS that good and his rants cannot be completely ignored. They just pile up in the heads of QBs and recievers and make them mad.

If these guys think about Sherman or even better talk about him or even WAY better ..respond to him and help add impotice to his methods Richard wins.

It's like that golf hole that crosses a small river. How many golf balls lay at the bottom of the stream even though most players never hit a drive that short? The golfer just thinks too much about the water hazzard and flubs his shot right in the drink. On any other hole he will drive 2-300 yards but on that one hole he tops the ball.

Richard is that constant reminder of the hazzard of facing him on the field.

Sure to you and me it only seems irritating. To Crabtree he will live that Sherman tip for an interception in the NFC Championship game for the rest of his life. AND so will every reciever that faces him for the rest of THEIR playing careers.

Crabtree is living rent free in Sherman's head. Sherman is so obsessed by him that even when he signs an autograph he thinks of Crabtree....

Crabtree is living rent free in Sherman's head. Sherman is so obsessed by him that even when he signs an autograph he thinks of Crabtree....

Crabtree is just one of a dozen or more recievers Sherman faces this season not counting the playoffs. He is in all theirs and the OCs and QBs thoughts and fears as they survey the coming obsticals to advancing thruout the season.

Sherman's success is first based on the fact that he is really THAT good and he adds to his physical play with a constant barrage of media barbs and quotes that remind us and the players that have to make a living attempting to catch footballs is his area of the field.

The truth is that facing Sherman is MORE than just facing Sherman. The Seattle D-Line is crashing in on the QBs... Chancellor and Thomas are closing in on them from the back and the sides making the space Sherman has to patrol much smaller than most CBs in the league.

The pundits and the media don't shower Sherman with praise just becauce he adds to his own "legend" taking every opportunity at getting some "press". He isn't voted by the players to the Pro Bowl just because he has a gift for flapping his gums.

BUT flapping his gums does add to his success.

Richard isn't trying to "sneak" up on anyone. He WANTS QBs to attempt to test his abilities.

Ask Matt Schuab if Sherman every got rent free space in HIS head. Two years ago he lead the 14-2 Texans into one of the best records in the NFL. Last season Sherman was one of many CBs to drop a pick six on him as the Texans palyed one of that teams worst records in it's team's short history and Schuab got traded to the Raiders. Ya... Tell me Sherman doesn't live rent free in Schuab's head.. And he still does as the Seahawks play the AFC West this season. Tell me the Mannings ... Eli AND Peyton(NY comes to the CLink in 2014) don't have a cozy spot in their skulls for Richard Sherman ... Sherman was a big part of the blowout SHUTOUT at Metlife Stadium last season of the Hawks over the Giants where Eli played one of his worst games EVER.. He with TWO Super Bowl Rings. I can't remember if Sherman got two or THREE ints in that game in New Jersey ...I do remember that one of em was a pick six.

Oh Ya.. Sherman has free rent all over the NFL. and every wall in every room in all these players heads has a big screen on it replaying his highlights.

Last edited:
HUGGY seems to be oblivious to the fact that Sherman is a participant in a SPORT.

Sherman is everything that a parent does NOT want their child to be when that child participates in youth baseball, or football, or soccer, or basketball, or any other SPORT.

Sherman is nothing more than a playground BULLY who needs to GROW UP.

Sherman is an EMBARRASSMENT to all sports ROLE MODELS who lead by EXAMPLE.

Sherman needs intravenous treatments of HUMILITY, SPORTSMANSHIP, GRACE, and most of all, MATURITY.

Sherman needs to SHUT UP and let his athletic skills do the talking.

HUGGY seems to be oblivious to the fact that Sherman is a participant in a SPORT.

Sherman is everything that a parent does NOT want their child to be when that child participates in youth baseball, or football, or soccer, or basketball, or any other SPORT.

Sherman needs intravenous treatments of HUMILITY, SPORTSMANSHIP, GRACE, and most of all, MATURITY.

Yes football is a SPORT. It is governed by RULES.

If Richard Sherman was playing outside of the rules he and the team would be penalized.

I'm not so fond of some of Sherman's rants but I understand why he does it.

Football is not just a sport at the level of the NFL. It is also entertainment. It is an entertainment business. It is not as "predictable" as professional wrestling where outcomes are predetermined but the financial gains and losses ARE determined by the interest of the fans and television coverage.

If Sherman's antics were costing the networks viewership and Paul Allen at the gate and the TV money AND the sales of football gear I am sure Carroll would have to take Richard aside and instruct him on a different maner of acting that would suit the powers that be better.

As much as Richard annoys you and makes you think he is destroying the game for the kids the fact is that his jersey is one of the most popular in sales THRUOUT the country.

I find it hypocritical that those that poo poo'ed Sherman taking medication, that treated his ADD as "performance enhancing" which would help him control his verbal bursts, seem to be the biggest cry babies concerning his behavior.

You all can whine till the cows come home but That play on Crabtree at the end of last seasons NFC Championship was one of the best ever by a Corner in a situation where if he missed the tip the 9ers go to the Super Bowl.

Sherman is big time under the big lights.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mlnm3rfnww]EPIC RANT: Richard Sherman Blows Up, Screaming 'I'm the Best Corner' after Big Win - YouTube[/ame]

As a die-hard Niners fan, I'm not sure why Kaepernick threw that pass. Yes, Crabtree is his favorite receiver.
Sherman is pretty documented as the best cover corner in the game right now.
Vernon Davis apparently was open on the play. Anquan Boldin, a much more physical receiver, was in as well. I can't speak to the coverage on him. But those to players are much more physical than Crabtree.
He tried to win a championship with a touch finesse pass. Over the best corner in the game today arguably.
Kaepernick's first full season as a starter. He will only get better.

Huggy is someone who understands how defense is played. The skills count for a lot. But getting into someone's head can make a huge difference. Take away their confidence and their skill level drops.

As a parent who raised 2 boys, I can assure you that no athlete should be a role model unless they do a LOT off the field.

Oh, and his skills DID do the talking. But then, Crabtree tried to talk trash and was summarily shown the truth.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, as I am a college football fan. But the noise made by the defense does make a difference.

As a die-hard Niners fan, I'm not sure why Kaepernick threw that pass. Yes, Crabtree is his favorite receiver.
Vernon Davis apparently was open on the play. Anquan Boldin, a much more physical receiver, was in as well. I can't speak to the coverage on him. But those to players are much more physical than Crabtree.
He tried to win a championship with a touch finesse pass. Over the best corner in the game today arguably.

If it had gone the other way, Kaepernick fans would be bragging that he won the game throwing towards the best corner in the game. And Crabtree would still be razzing Sherman about it.

It is the nature of the game.

I am amazed how some 9er fans go on and on about Kaepernicks pass and how it was underthrown by a foot.

I dissagree. The pass was perfect. I've seen hundreds of throws like that one as I'm sure you have. How many times has that fade been lofted and the DB takes a swipe at it and because of numerous reasons.. he miss times the pass.. he is fighting for position ... his hands are not in position.. he isn't watching the ball.. his legs are caught up in the recievers legs... any combination of those and other more subtle distractions..

If the ball isn't tipped by Sherman it is a gauranteed TD.. THAT is if Crabtree doesn't juggle it and it goes out of bounds...OR Crabtree takes a step out of bounds attempting to make the catch..

If that ball was a foot farther it is more likely that even if Crabtree secures it he probably will be out of bounds.

People just can't get over the fact that Sherman made a PERFECT play on the ball and even MORE astounding he had the field presence to tip it so PERFECTLY to #53 so soft it couldn't have landed in Malcom Smith's hands more perfectly than if he hand layed it in his hands.

Sherman got the tip because he concentrated on the vertical leap and turning his body to get maximum extension with his left arm and hand.

I do agree however that the ball should never have been thrown because Sherman made the exact same play earlier in the year and tipped the ball to #29 Earl Thomas.

Forward to 6:08 in the following video and watch Sherman do the exact same play with Thomas the benifactor of the perfect tip.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B6fk9GcEsk]Earl Thomas Highlights(2013)[HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Kaepernick SHOULD have done his homework and seen how Sherman's ABILITY made what should have been an easy TD an interception.

Last edited:

If Richard Sherman was playing outside of the rules he and the team would be penalized.

Football is not just a sport at the level of the NFL. It is also entertainment. It is an entertainment business. It is not as "predictable" as professional wrestling where outcomes are predetermined but the financial gains and losses ARE determined by the interest of the fans and television coverage.

If Sherman's antics were costing the networks viewership and Paul Allen at the gate and the TV money AND the sales of football gear I am sure Carroll would have to take Richard aside and instruct him on a different maner of acting that would suit the powers that be better.

As much as Richard annoys you and makes you think he is destroying the game for the kids the fact is that his jersey is one of the most popular in sales THRUOUT the country.

I find it hypocritical that those that poo poo'ed Sherman taking medication, that treated his ADD as "performance enhancing" which would help him control his verbal bursts, seem to be the biggest cry babies concerning his behavior.

You all can whine till the cows come home but That play on Crabtree at the end of last seasons NFC Championship was one of the best ever by a Corner in a situation where if he missed the tip the 9ers go to the Super Bowl.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mlnm3rfnww]EPIC RANT: Richard Sherman Blows Up, Screaming 'I'm the Best Corner' after Big Win - YouTube[/ame]

I never criticized Sherman about taking ADD medication.

I also have adult ADD. I also take medication. I am held RESPONSIBLE for my words and actions.

Apparently, Sherman is EXEMPT for being held responsible for HIS words and actions, unless it costs the Seattle Seahawks MONEY.

Is it any surprise that HUGGY is a LIBERAL?

I never criticized Sherman about taking ADD medication.

I also have adult ADD. I also take medication. I am held RESPONSIBLE for my words and actions.

Apparently, Sherman is EXEMPT for being held responsible for HIS words and actions, unless it costs the Seattle Seahawks MONEY.

Is it any surprise that HUGGY is a LIBERAL?

THAT is just plain ignorant.

I don't exempt Sherman for his words. BUT since we are on "HIS words" ..what of his words are untrue?

Clearly the big blowup wasn't the CONTENT of Sherman's rant at the end of the NFC Championship game. It was the delivery.

Erin pushed a microphone into Richard's face before he even had time to catch his breath.

The media was fishing for a "sound bite" and just got more than they bargained for.

BUT.. back to what YOU and some others are obssessed with.. I get labled a "liberal" frequently and incorrectly. That contention is ignorant. I have totally given up on politics.

What I believe in is that the political terrorists drawn from the christian fascists and the willfully ignorant rascist tea baggers funded by the worst human beings in politics over the last twenty years and promoted by scum like Limbaugh and FOX(Murdoch) have entrenched themselves in a position to destroy America regardless of what the public by majority has voted for. The "liberals" are locked in a no-win situation against a group of evil assholes that really should just be lined up against a wall and executed.

I feel sorry for Liberals. They don't see the futility in their efforts. They believe that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. They are mistaken. There are just more willfully ignorant assholes waiting in the wings to spew their nonsense and outright lies even if the Darryl Issa's and Newt Gingrich's have been eliminated.

That is reality.

SOOoo.. the only thing left that matters and where truth can survive is in the NFL and the Seattle Seahawks opportunity to repeat as World Champions.

That is all I care about.

All you politically motivated fools can go fuck yourselves.

The Seahawks made Sherman the richest Corner in the NFL today.

"Cornerback Richard Sherman and the Seahawks agreed to a four-year deal Wednesday that will make Sherman the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL. The loquacious cornerback announced on his own website that it’s a four-year deal with $40 million guaranteed, and $57.4 million in total. Sherman’s salary will exceed the $12 million Darrelle Revis is making in New England this season. The extension comes in the wake of Seattle’s deal with Earl Thomas, and it keeps both players in the fold through the 2018 season."

Richard Sherman agrees to contract extension with Seattle Seahawks | Audibles - SI.com

This signing all but gaurantees that Seattle will again possess the best secondary in 2014. They should repeat in the most takeaways, fumbles and recoveries. This also opens up their competitors for giving up more pick sixes ... The Seahawk's road to the 2015 Superbowl just got paved with a high speed surface.

Forum List

Back