'She taught me everything': Domestic helpers pay respects to Lucky Plaza accident victims

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Filipino maid Arlyn Picar Nucos, who died in Sunday's (Dec 29) Lucky Plaza accident, was a friend and a mentor to Ms Fe Alumbro, her co-worker in the same household.

But now, the only way Ms Alumbro, 44, can pay her back is to help pack Ms Nucos' belongings and send them to her family in the Philippines.

Ms Nucos, 50, who had worked in Singapore for almost 30 years, was one of the six Filipino maids who were hit by a car while having a picnic outside Lucky Plaza on Sunday.

"She taught me everything, how to cook, how to look after the kids," said a tearful Ms Alumbro at Ms Nucos' wake at Sin Ming Drive on New Year's Day.
'She taught me everything': Domestic helpers pay respects to Lucky Plaza accident victims who were veteran maids

That's sad. They were able to raise a good bit of money.

Hey, we have a poster here who claims women voting is what brought down the US- how can it be that a woman taught another woman anything?

I know who you're talking about. He desperately wants attention. I just ignore him.

Forum List

Back