She-Hulk: Attorney at Law

Wapasha

Gold Member
May 28, 2019
I was hoping for better, in that they would not make She-Hulk into another Mary Sue who lectures to the audience, but they did.

I can't express it enough, the story writing was shallow, boring and uninteresting. She-Hulk episode one was a fragmented wreck. It had no plot to speak of, and it jumped all over the place.

The entire super hero shtick is that these people have great powers, but at the cost of deep personal flaws and tragedies that they need to overcome. That's before they get their super powers. Then once they obtain their super powers, things just gets worse for them, to the point of their lives falling apart and everything starts getting out of control. You ride the journey with them, as the try to adapt and overcome, while encountering even more problems and dangers in their lives.

She-Hulk is a Mary Sue, just as Capt Marvel is.

She-Hulk, Jennifer Walters, was a perfect and successful lawyer, who had zero personal faults or problems in her life that she needed to overcome, before she gained her powers. Unless you think unsolicited compliments on her appearance by men, qualifies. Once she got her powers she was again perfect, and even better than the original Hulk by every metric.

Capt Marvel, Carol Danvers, was an Air Force test pilot, intelligence agent, and a space exploration pilot working for NASA. She was perfect in every way before she got her powers. Maybe one in a ten million people are born lucky enough to possess those skills and natural gifts, and then to be appointed into all of these positions... Then once she gains her powers she the most powerful super hero of them all, with zero personal faults or hurdles to overcome at all.

Years ago SNL did skits with a Caveman Lawyer. Played by Phil Hartman.

Fam2hliXEAgWfz7.jpeg

the show aint that bad.....
Yes it was. What did her journey of growth into a super hero consist of, once she gained her powers? Answer, no journey at all. She retains complete control over her powers, with her intelligence, wisdom and memories intact, and she has no drawbacks. In fact, she's instantly a better hulk, than Hulk.

To recap her journey to grow from from mortal human, to a top tier super hero. She went from perfect single successful woman lawyer, who had everything going her way, to perfect super hero, who has everything going her way. And it all happened in the blink of an eye. The entire episode could fit in a five minute recap, and not miss a thing.

Yes it was. What did her journey of growth into a super hero consist of, once she gained her powers? Answer, no journey at all. She retains complete control over her powers, with her intelligence, wisdom and memories intact, and she has no drawbacks. In fact, she's instantly a better hulk, than Hulk.

To recap her journey to grow from from mortal human, to a top tier super hero. She went from perfect single successful woman lawyer, who had everything going her way, to perfect super hero, who has everything going her way. And it all happened in the blink of an eye. The entire episode could fit in a five minute recap, and not miss a thing.
oh geezus.....you ever read a comic?....the episode got good reviews from comic vine....and that is nothing but comic fans.....

I avoid the woke.

That's why I haven't seen she hulk despite me liking her as a kid in comics.

I won't pay a penny to Disney so I won't ever get to watch she hulk because I won't give Disney any of my money, ever again.

There is way to much other shit to watch anyway. But screw Disney.

oh geezus.....you ever read a comic?....the episode got good reviews from comic vine....and that is nothing but comic fans.....
They changed the original origins story, so the only way they'd give good reviews is if they hated Stan Lee's version. Maye they were referring to a review based on She-Hulk (2022) #1 instead.

They changed the original origins story, so the only way they'd give good reviews is if they hated Stan Lee's version. Maye they were referring to a review based on She-Hulk (2022) #1 instead.

they were giving their reviews based on this TV pilot....and how many comic movies have changed the origin story?..quit a few......even Stan lee said some of his origins were not that plausible.........but that was the 60's....

they were giving their reviews based on this TV pilot....and how many comic movies have changed the origin story?..quit a few......even Stan lee said some of his origins were not that plausible.........but that was the 60's....
I agreed with one of the writers who said the original origin story didn't make sense. Bruce knew what his blood could do to people, so it didn't make sense that he'd perform a transfusion on his cousin. The accidental blood exchange in this telling of the story was a better on, in my opinion. In the Stan Lee origin story, Bruce introduced his blood into Jennifer's, while trying to rescue her. In keeping with the whole girl power, Mary Sue aspect of current writing, the writers switched it to having her, save him. As I said above, I'm guessing the writers will not let anyone outshine their girl, which required that Jennifer saves Bruce.

I agreed with one of the writers who said the original origin story didn't make sense. Bruce knew what his blood could do to people, so it didn't make sense that he'd perform a transfusion on his cousin. The accidental blood exchange in this telling of the story was a better on, in my opinion. In the Stan Lee origin story, Bruce introduced his blood into Jennifer's, while trying to rescue her. In keeping with the whole girl power, Mary Sue aspect of current writing, the writers switched it to having her, save him. As I said above, I'm guessing the writers will not let anyone outshine their girl, which required that Jennifer saves Bruce.
that scene was pretty stupid....like that car turning over was going to hurt him...

that scene was pretty stupid....like that car turning over was going to hurt him...
Yup, that was truly odd, a spaceship pinpoints where the Hulk is, and hovers a few feet off the ground? Talk about poor writing, they could not think of a better backstory to bring a visiting spaceship into the plot?

Speaking of story writing. She-Hulk was in her hulk form with Bruce patiently trying to talk her thru the process of coming out of her hulk form, and.... the next scene is in the following morning and she is human again, and we don't know how she applied herself to come out of hulk form.

The entire show was a gaggle of disconnected scenes. It seems like they numbered the scenes, wrote them on pieces of paper, mixed them up in a box, dumped it onto a table and randomly picked them up, showing them in that order.

What's up with these writers anyway? They do not seem to have a clue how to play to an audience, nor where the most tense and interesting, and most anticipated parts of these types of shows are for an audience.

They skip over Jennifer struggling to control her self to transition out of raging hulk form. Then they skipped right over the big reveal to her friends and family that she's Hulk. :confused::confused::confused:

The most intense and anticipated parts of these shows is when they inform their loved ones, friends, etc... of the big secret. But this show did that. They skipped right past the BIG REVEAL. The goon busts down the wall in the courtroom, and Jennifer's friend already knows she's the new Hulk.

This has to be the worst writing ever, and it's certainly the worst origin story. Has anyone watched Spiderman or series Grimm?

How lame would the TV series Grimm have been, if in the last scene of the first episode, a Wesen wolges in public, and Juliet casually tells Nick he needs to deal with it as a grimm? Oh, and there is zero backstory on the person or why they wolged.

In the final moments of She-Hulk, Jennifer literally said "I'm happy to get back to my life." "The idea of being a superhero is not appealing to me." And yet, the very next scene she tells the camera that her family and coworkers already know she's the new Hulk. :smack:

But that's exactly what the writers of She-Hulk did. These writers cannot even follow with and build upon the dialogue that they wrote for these characters. They proved to me that their writing is trash, and I will not bother to watch anymore episodes.

There was NOTHING woke about this show.

She had ONE feminist rant, and everybody's pissing their pants over it!!!

This is a COMEDY show, NOT an award winning drama!!!! COMEDY!!!

Although it wasn't all that funny to me, it was humorous enough to watch all the way through.
But, as with most brand new shows, they had to get the basics out of the way. Hopefully now they will actually have some funny shit going on.

If not, I won't be watching anymore.

Change your tampons people!!!! It's just a fucking TV show!

There was NOTHING woke about this show.

She had ONE feminist rant, and everybody's pissing their pants over it!!!

This is a COMEDY show, NOT an award winning drama!!!! COMEDY!!!

Although it wasn't all that funny to me, it was humorous enough to watch all the way through.
But, as with most brand new shows, they had to get the basics out of the way. Hopefully now they will actually have some funny shit going on.

If not, I won't be watching anymore.

Change your tampons people!!!! It's just a fucking TV show!
I have to admit you are right. I had low expectations of this show. I thought it would be a woke mess, but it really wasn’t that bad. Other then the one 5 sec rant, not much wokeness tossed at us.

I have to admit you are right. I had low expectations of this show. I thought it would be a woke mess, but it really wasn’t that bad. Other then the one 5 sec rant, not much wokeness tossed at us.

I was actually LOOKING and SCROUNGING to find wokeness in this show, since it's Dizznee........but aside from a little feminism, which isn't really a bad thing unless used menacingly, I didn't find anything woke or wrong. It wasn't as funny as I had hoped, but as I stated, this was just the first episode............now they got all the basics out of the way, maybe it WILL be funny???

I would have rather had Agents of S.T.O.M.P. made into a show. THAT would be great!!

I didn't see what I'd call woke either. The silly rant about catcalls was not woke, it was just women writers venting. Unless people equate woke, to the way the writers sort of depicted men as foils for the women to project on, so they could demean and look down upon them. That's more of women writers trying to write a girl-power show, where the women are all "better than you." The only male character in episode one who was not a completely worthless jerk was Bruce, and even he was almost worthless, but still a jerk and quite the tedious mansplainer. She-Hulk really didn't need Bruce to teach her anything, and she instantly got over the shock that she's a hulk now.

It was just a badly written and boring show.

Forum List

Back