Some people won't accept the simple fact that winning the Oscars is based on talent and nothing else.

No good forever moaning about discrimination and just accept this fact.

That's not true but the race card is foolish.

It's a can't win situation now for African-Americans...

...now, if they get nominations, the propaganda will be that the Oscars just succumbed to pressure without regard to merit.
strangely, i agree with every word.

and most people don't know it, but the American rock and roll hall of fame is a private club too, only the musicians voted in care about it. awards and the award process has become pretty stupid.

Calling the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame "an exclusive private men's club" with "an elitist nominating committee," Milwaukee-born classic rocker Steve Miller called for a "revolution" at the institution Thursday — the same day he learned he would be inducted into the Rock Hall this spring.
In an exclusive interview with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Miller, 72, said the Rock Hall's membership should elect a new board that will allow "the nominating committee to make things transparent."
He also called on the Cleveland-based organization to "work more on music education programs and to make its museum something more than a place where they sell postcards, posters and T-shirts."
"I'm honored to be included," said the man behind "The Joker" and other classic rock hits. "I'm really excited to walk into the Hall of Fame with Jimmy Reed and T-Bone Walker and Les Paul and Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry....I'm going to accept my induction and bring my band and play some great music and shake some hands and make some friends."
1.gif

But Miller, who is on the board for Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York, said that while the Rock Hall was started with good intentions, "it's time for a real change."

Steve Miller named to Rock Hall — then blasts it as elitist

interesting parallel

Last edited:
Some people won't accept the simple fact that winning the Oscars is based on talent and nothing else.

No good forever moaning about discrimination and just accept this fact.

That's not true but the race card is foolish.

It's a can't win situation now for African-Americans...

...now, if they get nominations, the propaganda will be that the Oscars just succumbed to pressure without regard to merit.
strangely, i agree with every word.

and most people don't know it, but the American rock and roll hall of fame is a private club too, only the musicians voted in care about it. awards and the award process has become pretty stupid.

Calling the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame "an exclusive private men's club" with "an elitist nominating committee," Milwaukee-born classic rocker Steve Miller called for a "revolution" at the institution Thursday — the same day he learned he would be inducted into the Rock Hall this spring.
In an exclusive interview with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Miller, 72, said the Rock Hall's membership should elect a new board that will allow "the nominating committee to make things transparent."
He also called on the Cleveland-based organization to "work more on music education programs and to make its museum something more than a place where they sell postcards, posters and T-shirts."
"I'm honored to be included," said the man behind "The Joker" and other classic rock hits. "I'm really excited to walk into the Hall of Fame with Jimmy Reed and T-Bone Walker and Les Paul and Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry....I'm going to accept my induction and bring my band and play some great music and shake some hands and make some friends."
1.gif

But Miller, who is on the board for Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York, said that while the Rock Hall was started with good intentions, "it's time for a real change."

Steve Miller named to Rock Hall — then blasts it as elitist

interesting parallel
miller is right......its all about kissing jan wenners scrawny ass........

Forum List

Back