SF archbishop Salvatore Cordileone bars Pelosi from receiving Holy Communion due to abortion support, marking escalation between Catholics & liberals

Cordileone is wrong, as is the Catholic Church.

One can oppose abortion and seek an end to the practice while also defending a woman’s right to privacy, one having nothing to do with the other.

To defend a woman’s right to privacy is not to ‘support’ abortion.

No, it is a sound Biblical decision.

this seems silly on the surface but actually a brave stand for life!

This is great news. It's about time someone stood up for what is right!

They have long held this stance but what I wonder..........did she seek communion or did they simply decide to single her out to make a statement?

I have no problem with the church holding this position but I would if they simply wanted to make a statement. To me this issue is between the Church and Pelosi, not the church and the media.
Pelosi being a public figure making laws that affect everyone, I think a public statement is warranted.

People are free to change religions for any reason. It looks like the Catholic Church’s rules are at odds with Pelosi, Biden, Kerry and many other Catholics. They are free to leave. I know many that have.
Generally the ones who leave didn't like the tough standards of the RCC.

in this interview, Pelosi points out she comes from a big pro-life Italian Catholic family, and blames the bishop for being anti-gay

Pelosi being a public figure making laws that affect everyone, I think a public statement is warranted.
then there's the fact that in America we have freedom of the press so I don't know some posters here act like OMG OMG... Catholics need to keep their business to themselves...

sheez...

We B America... FREE Speech...

for everyone but Catholics?

didn't say anyone was

but why all the attention on bad people?

that's what's wrong w/ America... too much focus on the BAD ones
i agree there...if i posted about Schellenger in California, who is running an issues based campaign against Newsom for Governor, no one would care

Apparently the only churches in America that are gaining members are the ones that operate like partisan political organizations. Political hate preachers are having a heyday right now while the kinds of churches that value peace, love and brotherhood are closing by the hundreds.
LOL - that's because people know that gaysex, two moms/dads, transgenderism, and abortion are all WRONG. No one who follows God wants to join a church that doesn't.

LOL - that's because people know that gaysex, two moms/dads, transgenderism, and abortion are all WRONG. No one who follows God wants to join a church that doesn't.
Evangelicals are becoming the worst kind of cult. People used to go to church to be better people but now they are going to find preachers that tell them hate is a virtue.

Evangelicals are becoming the worst kind of cult. People used to go to church to be better people but now they are going to find preachers that tell them hate is a virtue.

No Christian theologian I know of says hate is a virtue.

In fact, every one I heard says "Hate the sin, but love the sinner"

People engaged in sins like killing their babies or taking it in the caboose aren't to be hated at all, just called to repentance.

The real hate is from the libs. They allow these sinners to wallow in their sins, and those sins can cause the sinner to burn in hell.

No Christian theologian I know of says hate is a virtue.

In fact, every one I heard says "Hate the sin, but love the sinner"

People engaged in sins like killing their babies or taking it in the caboose aren't to be hated at all, just called to repentance.

The real hate is from the libs. They allow these sinners to wallow in their sins, and those sins can cause the sinner to burn in hell.
good post

not only burn in Hell... that's the worst of it ofcourse

but there are serious consquences here on Earth as well....

so true that the left do not care about gays or ANYONE. They are Deception Incarnate

Forum List

Back