SF archbishop Salvatore Cordileone bars Pelosi from receiving Holy Communion due to abortion support, marking escalation between Catholics & liberals

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
this seems silly on the surface but actually a brave stand for life!

They have long held this stance but what I wonder..........did she seek communion or did they simply decide to single her out to make a statement?

I have no problem with the church holding this position but I would if they simply wanted to make a statement. To me this issue is between the Church and Pelosi, not the church and the media.

Apparently the only churches in America that are gaining members are the ones that operate like partisan political organizations. Political hate preachers are having a heyday right now while the kinds of churches that value peace, love and brotherhood are closing by the hundreds.

They have long held this stance but what I wonder..........did she seek communion or did they simply decide to single her out to make a statement?

I have no problem with the church holding this position but I would if they simply wanted to make a statement. To me this issue is between the Church and Pelosi, not the church and the media.
I'm shocked the church didn't go up in flames when she walked in.

Apparently the only churches in America that are gaining members are the ones that operate like partisan political organizations. Political hate preachers are having a heyday right now while the kinds of churches that value peace, love and brotherhood are closing by the hundreds.
People are free to change religions for any reason. It looks like the Catholic Church’s rules are at odds with Pelosi, Biden, Kerry and many other Catholics. They are free to leave. I know many that have.

• Banned
there's layers to your argument, i can't shit on that

your argument has layers

that's a tough take, right there, bro

Pelosi often comments on her catholic faith, so I assume that's why the Church made a public statement. Unless a person is public with their support of abortion they would not be refused communion.

People are free to change religions for any reason. It looks like the Catholic Church’s rules are at odds with Pelosi, Biden, Kerry and many other Catholics. They are free to leave. I know many that have.
As Christianity in America becomes ever more militant and preoccupied with secular culture wars you should understand that it's not liberal indoctrination that is causing a drop in overall religiosity. It's religious extremism. It's zealots making others terribly unwelcome in churches they may have attended all their lives. It's said that just a hand-full of discontented parishioners can get a pastor fired. This is happening all over as Trumpbots want a stiff dose of partisan hate with their lip service to the "prince of peace".

Many Catholics were Democrats years ago before the party went berserk and supported abortion and queers. These Catholic politicians aren't Christians.

As Christianity in America becomes ever more militant and preoccupied with secular culture wars you should understand that it's not liberal indoctrination that is causing a drop in overall religiosity. It's religious extremism. It's zealots making others terribly unwelcome in churches they may have attended all their lives. It's said that just a hand-full of discontented parishioners can get a pastor fired. This is happening all over as Trumpbots want a stiff dose of partisan hate with their lip service to the "prince of peace".
You don’t know what Christianity is.

You don’t know what Christianity is.
Not anymore since it became more of a political movement than a religion. There's probably a lot of people out there just like me that do not even recognize this Trumpian doomsday cult the right has cooked up as Christianity. I see no Jesus there. No love, no grace, no humility, certainly no charity. Just a bunch of mean people worshiping meanness ready to pounce on anyone who reminds them of what Jesus said in the bible.

Not anymore since it became more of a political movement than a religion. There's probably a lot of people out there just like me that do not even recognize this Trumpian doomsday cult the right has cooked up as Christianity. I see no Jesus there. No love, no grace, no humility, certainly no charity. Just a bunch of mean people worshiping meanness ready to pounce on anyone who reminds them of what Jesus said in the bible.
Blah, blah, blah. Ignorant rant and nothing more. You haven't a clue to what Jesus did and said in the Bible.

Blah, blah, blah. Ignorant rant and nothing more. You haven't a clue to what Jesus did and said in the Bible.
I grew up going to church every time the doors opened until I finally left home. I've read the bible all the way thorough at least twice and the gospels more times than I can count. I know a few things hypocrite. I walked away from organized religion because the people were just as evil as any other random group of people. It's way worse now. Evangelicals have spent the last thirty years building something that superficially looks like Jesus but they would be first in line to nail him back up on the cross should he come back around.

I grew up going to church every time the doors opened until I finally left home. I've read the bible all the way thorough at least twice and the gospels more times than I can count. I know a few things hypocrite. I walked away from organized religion because the people were just as evil as any other random group of people. It's way worse now. Evangelicals have spent the last thirty years building something that superficially looks like Jesus but they would be first in line to nail him back up on the cross should he come back around.
Blah, blah, blah. More ignorant rant. Organized religion isn't Christianity. You have a warped perception of Christianity seen through your politically biased eyes.

Bullshit. Pelosi, Biden, Kerry have moved beyond exemption like the Kennedys had and have moved onto dictating to the Catholic Church.

Blah, blah, blah. More ignorant rant. Organized religion isn't Christianity. You have a warped perception of Christianity seen through your politically biased eyes.
I can think of Christianity and secular politics being two separate things, you cannot.

I can think of Christianity and secular politics being two separate things, you cannot.
Wrong. Do you have some misguided notion that Christians are forbidden from being involved in American politics? Were you a Jehovah's Witness?

Forum List

Back