SF archbishop Salvatore Cordileone bars Pelosi from receiving Holy Communion due to abortion support, marking escalation between Catholics & liberals

RIGHT. The democrats, who politicize EVERYTHING under the sun by CHOICE are mad now
that the Church made a PUBLIC statement on a matter central to
Catholic belief that they will not be hypocrites, because it
just happened to involve . . .
. . . wait for it-- -- --
a democrat. View attachment 647413

Again, I have NO problem with them making a statement. I have a problem with them airing grievance's with a church member in the media.

They should. Just not in the media. BTW, I'm Quaker.
right... not in the media... They should just quietly and discretely take the politician aside, the poor little things, and gently, ever so gently tell them that...

Oh please, Dear One... don't kill --OOOPS! I mean don't terminate the babies... OOPS... I mean, you know... the globs of cells in the womb...

Please

Once again, we are talking about MURDER

Again, I have NO problem with them making a statement. I have a problem with them airing grievance's with a church member in the media.

Hey, you wanna go around a world famous person with control over US policy as a flaming abortionist while calling yourself a "catholic," you get what you deserve. I'd ban the bitch from even GOING to church.

Hey, you wanna go around a world famous person with control over US policy as a flaming abortionist while calling yourself a "catholic," you get what you deserve. I'd ban the bitch from even GOING to church.
LOL

I hear ya

too bad we can't ban her from America altogether... what a loathsome creature... my apologies to Jesus if that is un-Christian-sounding but we are FED UP with all the disgusting EVIL of the party she belongs to... She is something like 90 years old and still hasn't figured out that God doesn't like people murdering the children HE creates?

dumb as a box o'rocks or evil, looks like both

Apparently the only churches in America that are gaining members are the ones that operate like partisan political organizations. Political hate preachers are having a heyday right now while the kinds of churches that value peace, love and brotherhood are closing by the hundreds.
You mean churches that preach the truth about sin and repentance as opposed to those who don't preach the whole Bible? Amen! People want the Truth of God's Word. Not what makes them feel good.

too bad we can't ban her from America altogether...

A meritorious idea if I ever heard of one. I say we divert that $40 billion, build a big EV powered ship with it instead having a slow leak, load all of the leftwing crap out there on it, then sail it out to the Indian Ocean by way of Cape Horn to run battery dry just in time for monsoon season.

Good and evil can be entirely subjective things. Every mass murdering bastard you ever heard of thought they were doing the lord's work or serving the greater good. Blind moral certitude is a dangerous thing to people who just want to mind their own business. The with us or against us attitude of the zealot all too often leads to holy terror when they manage to get some secular power. You're probably just a regular guy that likes to mind his own business but this right wing evangelical movement has no intention of leaving anyone alone.
Bullshit. Now get specific. What exactly are you referring to?

As Christianity in America becomes ever more militant and preoccupied with secular culture wars you should understand that it's not liberal indoctrination that is causing a drop in overall religiosity. It's religious extremism. It's zealots making others terribly unwelcome in churches they may have attended all their lives. It's said that just a hand-full of discontented parishioners can get a pastor fired. This is happening all over as Trumpbots want a stiff dose of partisan hate with their lip service to the "prince of peace".
You seem to be an outsider and know little about this. The fact is, it's not the churches that are moving to the right. They are where they have always been. It's the public through wokeism and liberalism that has moved to the left quite a bit and that severs the relationship between member and their church. It's actually been happening for quite a while now but has accelerated recently. Take homosexuality issues as a good example. As more and more universities have indoctrinated youth to accept homosexual behavior such as gay marriage, the youth and adults of homosexual children have moved away from the teachings of the Bible concerning homosexual behavior. The churches have stayed pretty much the same as they always have. More liberal churches have moved left while conservative churches have stayed where they have always been.

You seem to be an outsider and know little about this. The fact is, it's not the churches that are moving to the right. They are where they have always been. It's the public through wokeism and liberalism that has moved to the left quite a bit and that severs the relationship between member and their church. It's actually been happening for quite a while now but has accelerated recently. Take homosexuality issues as a good example. As more and more universities have indoctrinated youth to accept homosexual behavior such as gay marriage, the youth and adults of homosexual children have moved away from the teachings of the Bible concerning homosexual behavior. The churches have stayed pretty much the same as they always have. More liberal churches have moved left while conservative churches have stayed where they have always been.

I can recall many church's calling out Bill Clinton's infidelities'. Trump's not so much.

I can recall many church's calling out Bill Clinton's infidelities'. Trump's not so much.
What does that mean? If your church was conservative to begin with, of course they would call out Clinton because of his behavior while in office. While Trump was in office, there were no sexual scandals with Trump.

What does that mean? If your church was conservative to begin with, of course they would call out Clinton because of his behavior while in office. While Trump was in office, there were no sexual scandals with Trump.

LOL. Coward.

You mean churches that preach the truth about sin and repentance as opposed to those who don't preach the whole Bible? Amen! People want the Truth of God's Word. Not what makes them feel good.
wow... someone finally said what I've been thinking for a long time...

some people do want to hear happy happy happy... but as you say, plenty of them w ant the Truth... Why bother going to church at all if that is not the case?

i dunno... just a thought but maybe... nah... Do ya think?

maybe people cared a little more about BABIES BEING MURDERED than unthinking indiscretions of the past

and Trump actually did something about abortion.. ! If he hadn't himself changed and turned away from aforementioned indiscretions, maybe he would have been a champion of baby killing like the elite dims...

Yay Trump

Trump 24

Very few faithful Catholics. I myself....am a wretched soul. However the Eucharist isn't a "silly little wafer" and I forgive those who mock the Eucharist in such a way.

Here Father Altman a truly righteous Priest. You cannot be Catholic and a democrat, nor any Christian who is a faithful follower of Christ and follow the ways of the world and the democrat filth.

this seems silly on the surface but actually a brave stand for life!

No problem.

For Pelosi, as so many others among the demented, The Democrat Party is their sole (soul-less) religion.

Communion at home.

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi will no longer be able to receive communion in her hometown of San Francisco after the local archdiocese said her vow to make abortion legal crossed a line the Catholic church could not ignore."

Is Joe next on the chopping block?

Forum List

Back