SF archbishop Salvatore Cordileone bars Pelosi from receiving Holy Communion due to abortion support, marking escalation between Catholics & liberals

Wrong. Do you have some misguided notion that Christians are forbidden from being involved in American politics? Were you a Jehovah's Witness?
Close. More of a primitive Pentecostal holy roller. The problem with mixing religion and politics is that it brings out the worst of both worlds.

this seems silly on the surface but actually a brave stand for life!

WOW.....
This is where the Dems Lose the Hispanic Vote.

JO

Close. More of a primitive Pentecostal holy roller. The problem with mixing religion and politics is that it brings out the worst of both worlds.
Disagree. Doesn't Christianity espouse doing good? You think I support evil?

They have long held this stance but what I wonder..........did she seek communion or did they simply decide to single her out to make a statement?

I have no problem with the church holding this position but I would if they simply wanted to make a statement. To me this issue is between the Church and Pelosi, not the church and the media.
Excellent point actually.

They have long held this stance but what I wonder..........did she seek communion or did they simply decide to single her out to make a statement?

I have no problem with the church holding this position but I would if they simply wanted to make a statement. To me this issue is between the Church and Pelosi, not the church and the media.
take it from a lifelong Catholic, practicing

that is BS (that it is an issue btwn the Church and that (*&^% pelosi)

Prominent "catholics" taking Communion unlawfully (my word, not the Church's) is a scandal to the whole Christian world and any Christian who does not see it that way, who does not see the seriousness of killing innocent children can NEVER call him or herself Christian

so I hope you're not

As Christianity in America becomes ever more militant and preoccupied with secular culture wars you should understand that it's not liberal indoctrination that is causing a drop in overall religiosity. It's religious extremism. It's zealots making others terribly unwelcome in churches they may have attended all their lives. It's said that just a hand-full of discontented parishioners can get a pastor fired. This is happening all over as Trumpbots want a stiff dose of partisan hate with their lip service to the "prince of peace".
Episcopal Church, we have Mass, bourbon and hot divorcees!

Disagree. Doesn't Christianity espouse doing good? You think I support evil?
Good and evil can be entirely subjective things. Every mass murdering bastard you ever heard of thought they were doing the lord's work or serving the greater good. Blind moral certitude is a dangerous thing to people who just want to mind their own business. The with us or against us attitude of the zealot all too often leads to holy terror when they manage to get some secular power. You're probably just a regular guy that likes to mind his own business but this right wing evangelical movement has no intention of leaving anyone alone.

this seems silly on the surface but actually a brave stand for life!

what seems silly?

If you knew that the Host really IS Jesus Christ... but then, here I go again trying to get people to understand what they absolutely (apparently) REFUSE to understand...

I'm done arguing with anti-Catholics, more or less

Many Catholics were Democrats years ago before the party went berserk and supported abortion and queers. These Catholic politicians aren't Christians.
no one who accepts abortion or votes for candidates who do

can be called Christian. . big LIE if they are.

Nowadays there is a lot of GRAY in the world... no one seems to know what absolute Truth is anymore... scary...

but 2 + 2 will always = 4

take it from a lifelong Catholic, practicing

that is BS (that it is an issue btwn the Church and that (*&^% pelosi)

Prominent "catholics" taking Communion unlawfully (my word, not the Church's) is a scandal to the whole Christian world and any Christian who does not see it that way, who does not see the seriousness of killing innocent children can NEVER call him or herself Christian

so I hope you're not

On a personal level, I do not believe they should be making these kinds of statements. State it's the position of the church and no problem. The church IMO should not be airing personal issues with an individual and the church with the media. IMO.

Bullshit. Pelosi, Biden, Kerry have moved beyond exemption like the Kennedys had and have moved onto dictating to the Catholic Church.
that's how arrogant these **^$#@ are... They think they are just SOOO enlightened that...

why, gee, why doesn't the Catholic Church agree w/ us [far lefties]...

Why doesnt all of America agree w/ us.. ? Oh my... but Oh well, it just means there are a lot of fools and morons in America who will never vote for We the enlightened ones... wahh... Let's import voters from God knows where, doesn't matter... We're losing... gotta get those illegals through the gates... Hurry, hurry, b4 the next election!!!!!!!

its only a stupid little wafer....
Doesn;t matter she is proffesses to be Christian but she is pro abortion which is against the church's doctrine. Two questions remain 1. Why did it take so long? 2. Why Biden escaped this fate. The church needs to be consistant

On a personal level, I do not believe they should be making these kinds of statements. State it's the position of the church and no problem. The church IMO should not be airing personal issues with an individual and the church with the media. IMO.
oh, you are going to tell a 2000+ year old Church what it should do?

do you boss Jesus Christ himself around also bc you don't like everything he said or did? Well, I have news for you... to do that to His Church is to do that to HIM

objectively speaking

your ignorance (assuming that is it) is somewhat an excuse... (not understanding the objective truth of the matter) but it behooves all humans to seek and find TRUTH and if they do not... they will obviously not find it... and if they do not find it, well, there is this:

Jesus said

The Way is narrow and there are FEW who ... what?

FIND it

Doesn;t matter she is proffesses to be Christian but she is pro abortion which is against the church's doctrine. Two questions remain 1. Why did it take so long? 2. Why Biden escaped this fate. The church needs to be consistant
I totally agree

I don't get it either... that Byedim hasn't been "interdicted"

weird.. but that said, I love Cordileone..

a true priest

oh, you are going to tell a 2000+ year old Church what it should do?

I'm going to state my position.

do you boss Jesus Christ himself around also bc you don't like everything he said or did? Well, I have news for you... to do that to His Church is to do that to HIM

objectively speaking

your ignorance (assuming that is it) is somewhat an excuse... (not understanding the objective truth of the matter) but it behooves all humans to seek and find TRUTH and if they do not... they will obviously not find it... and if they do not find it, well, there is this:

Jesus said

The Way is narrow and there are FEW who ... what?

FIND it

I'm not Catholic so they can do as they wish. I wouldn't want my church to air it's grievances with me in the media.

To me this issue is between the Church and Pelosi, not the church and the media.

RIGHT. The democrats, who politicize EVERYTHING under the sun by CHOICE are mad now
that the Church made a PUBLIC statement on a matter central to
Catholic belief that they will not be hypocrites, because it
just happened to involve . . .
. . . wait for it-- -- --
a democrat.
giggle.gif

I'm going to state my position.

I'm not Catholic so they can do as they wish. I wouldn't want my church to air it's grievances with me in the media.
yeh... even if you were advocating murder a Church should not call you on it... :oops:

some church you must have

=

Forum List

Back