Sexual Orientation: What are it's causes?

I like men, but I do find other women attractive on occasion. Others' lifestyle choices doesn't effect me. I won't try stopping someone from experiencing pleasure and/or love. This country was founded on the freedom of choice. I don't put others down because I don't agree with them. I don't throw insults at those who are different than I am. For the record, a lot of animal species are more civilized than humans are. Sure, they don't build fancy cars or apartment complexes BUT they function better in their group than humans have ever done. Animals take what they need for survival but humans are greedy and keep taking until there's nothing left. Humans destroy and cannot live together peacefully, like animals of the same species can. We need to see that animals are equal to us, not inferior. They're not stupid.
Now, we are mammals and homosexuality is very, very common in mammals of all sorts.

Humans not smarter than animals, just different, experts say
Debate: Are humans better than other forms of life? | A conversation on TED.com
Animal personalities are more like humans than first thought -- ScienceDaily

Why does everyone that hates facts assume that people who point out facts wants to stop other people from enjoying life? Is it a side effect of choosing ignorance over truth?

Transsexualism is caused by a developmental disorder during gestation. A male fetus develops testes and this begins the masculinization process away from the female template. Later in the development the testes release androgen and this courses through the fetus and imprints a male gender map onto the brain. For transsexuals the hormone flood is incomplete, they never become fully male, their brains don't get imprinted.

For male homosexuality, the likely cause is some form of pathogen altering brain development either in the fetal stage or very early in life. A genetic cause is very unlikely due to the maladaptive nature of homosexuality.

It is so nice of you to post studies that you personally know are bogus, it speaks a lot about your character.
Your denial of the Facts as they have been presented by learned professionals in the field speaks volumes about Your character.

Of course animals and you as well as humans have free will. But free will does not override the fact that sexual orientation is that which is inherent in a person.

I like men, but I do find other women attractive on occasion. Others' lifestyle choices doesn't effect me. I won't try stopping someone from experiencing pleasure and/or love. This country was founded on the freedom of choice. I don't put others down because I don't agree with them. I don't throw insults at those who are different than I am. For the record, a lot of animal species are more civilized than humans are. Sure, they don't build fancy cars or apartment complexes BUT they function better in their group than humans have ever done. Animals take what they need for survival but humans are greedy and keep taking until there's nothing left. Humans destroy and cannot live together peacefully, like animals of the same species can. We need to see that animals are equal to us, not inferior. They're not stupid.
Now, we are mammals and homosexuality is very, very common in mammals of all sorts.

Great post, Darlene! Those who know nothing else but to hurl insults at another for their beliefs, as you say, are reacting from a level below that of respect and congruence with civility. Science and medicine have also spoken about their fighting hard to contain a deep, dark secret about themselves by pretending to be something they are not especially with such a topic as homosexuality. I understand that only too well when I read responses given that are fraught with insults, bombastic remarks and the like. Those folks are not too hard to figure out.

It is so nice of you to post studies that you personally know are bogus, it speaks a lot about your character.
Your denial of the Facts as they have been presented by learned professionals in the field speaks volumes about Your character.

My denial of the facts? I proved have provided you with absolute proof that sexual preference is not genetic, and even went to the trouble of showing you why no scientists take those studies that claim to link it to a specific gene seriously, yet you went ahead and posted them again.

In other words, I have the facts, all you have is bogus studies.

Of course animals and you as well as humans have free will. But free will does not override the fact that sexual orientation is that which is inherent in a person.

If you ever provide proof that sexual preference is inherent you might actually have a point, but the fact is that you cannot prove that. Despite all the effort by the APA, which is not a scientific organization, that has gone into proving that people lack a choice about their sexual preference, no one has found conclusive proof to back that viewpoint up. Science consistently states that it doesn't know why some people are homosexual.

You really need to stop reading "genetic research" that is published by psychiatrists and stick to what geneticists actually say.

Animals have free will, just like you. I suggest you learn to use it so you are not replaced by animals that understand the power of choice.

Great post, Darlene! Those who know nothing else but to hurl insults at another for their beliefs, as you say, are reacting from a level below that of respect and congruence with civility. Science and medicine have also spoken about their fighting hard to contain a deep, dark secret about themselves by pretending to be something they are not especially with such a topic as homosexuality. I understand that only too well when I read responses given that are fraught with insults, bombastic remarks and the like. Those folks are not too hard to figure out.

This from the guy that routinely impugns other posters sexual preferences simply because they don't agree with him.

This from the guy that routinely impugns other posters sexual preferences simply because they don't agree with him.

Well, in that case, you two are one in the same. You are very critical of the homosexuals/bisexuals.

You are emotionally constipated and argue almost as well as a real man.

Well, in that case, you two are one in the same. You are very critical of the homosexuals/bisexuals.

I am? Want to show me some examples?

The fact is I have never criticized anyone based on their sexual preference. I post things that some idiots who like to think they support homosexuals do not like because I am debunking their junk science, but that does not make me critical of homosexuals. What it does is make me a fan of real science.

You should try it sometime, the people who attack science are so stupid they have to resort to flat out lies to defend their position.

Wait, that is exactly what you did when you said I am critical of homosexuals.

You are emotionally constipated and argue almost as well as a real man.

Wow, another person who thinks that attacking a persons manhood is somehow justified because they publicly support the LGBTQ community, while secretly despising them.

Forum List

Back