Several New Papers Indicate Sea Levels Were 1 – 3 Meters Higher Than Today A Few Thousand Years Ago

Tommy - Your link is to a questionable source. Note objections to "No tricks zone" in these links:

For example:

"Snopes
Do Hundreds of Papers Published in 2017 ‘Prove’ That Global Warming is a Myth?

25 Oct. 2017

“The first time that Breitbart ran a NTZ based-story, numerous scientists listed in the report pointed out their their graphs had been digitally altered by NTZ to omit data, and that NTZ had either misinterpreted their papers or read them so superficially that the author of the post did not realize he was sometimes quoting from general background material and not the actual findings of the papers themselves. […] Ernesto Tejedor Vargas, whose study “Temperature Variability in the Iberian Range Since 1602 Inferred from Tree-ring Records” was featured in both the June Breitbart article and in the current iteration, told Climate Feedback in June that he “would like the author of the No Tricks Zone post to remove my name from the blog since it is not reflecting our research conclusion””

Link:

Excerpts:

"
An article stakes its claim on a regurgitation of false information from a blogger who rejects mainstream climate science."

Excerpt:

"Did 58 Scientific Papers Published in 2017 Say Global Warming is a Myth?
An article on Breitbart News used flawed interpretations from a climate skeptic blog to amplify a grossly inaccurate understanding of climatological research."

See also:

Excerpt:

"In an article for Breitbart, author James Delingpole claims to provide 58 scientific papers published in 2017 that show global warming to be “a myth”. This claim is sourced entirely from a list on a blog called “No Tricks Zone”. Delingpole claims “comfort” in “know[ing] that ‘the science’ is on our side”, but he can only do so by fundamentally misrepresenting the scientists’ research.

Climate Feedback reached out to authors of the scientific studies in the list of 58 papers that Delingpole claims “corroborate, independently and rigorously” his view that “‘man-made global warming’ just isn’t a thing.”

So far, 29 scientists have responded to our request for comment, and all 29 have replied “No” to the question, “Do you agree with the Breitbart article that your study provides evidence against modern climate change caused by human activities?” You can read more about their reactions below.

See all the scientists’ annotations in context"

Why not post from PNAS or some other relatively reliable science source? There is no way you are going to convince me by quoting clearly biased sources with their own misleading spin on the actual results of scientific research!

Oh, btw, sea level was higher during the Noachian flood in 2370 BCE - likely you discount the Biblical account as well. It was also warmer before the mammoths and other animals were quick frozen in the arctic permafrost until the current global warming.

Sea level was lower prior to that catastrophe - see oceanographic maps of the edges of continental shelves for example.

Snopes, New York times?

LMFAO

I actually prefer our literature. Trump has pointed out the danger of fake news. We also have been counseled to check out accuracy of statement. For me, I prefer science journals like PNAS, Nature, etc. I also like Britannica. But none of these sources are infallible. It can really be complicated to find out the whole truth - but it boils down to this simple sentence: "Prove all things" - 1 Thessalonians 5:21 KJV.

Tommy - Your link is to a questionable source. Note objections to "No tricks zone" in these links:

For example:

"Snopes

25 Oct. 2017

“The first time that Breitbart ran a NTZ based-story, numerous scientists listed in the report pointed out their their graphs had been digitally altered by NTZ to omit data, and that NTZ had either misinterpreted their papers or read them so superficially that the author of the post did not realize he was sometimes quoting from general background material and not the actual findings of the papers themselves. […] Ernesto Tejedor Vargas, whose study “Temperature Variability in the Iberian Range Since 1602 Inferred from Tree-ring Records” was featured in both the June Breitbart article and in the current iteration, told Climate Feedback in June that he “would like the author of the No Tricks Zone post to remove my name from the blog since it is not reflecting our research conclusion””

Link:

Excerpts:

"
An article stakes its claim on a regurgitation of false information from a blogger who rejects mainstream climate science."

Excerpt:

An article on Breitbart News used flawed interpretations from a climate skeptic blog to amplify a grossly inaccurate understanding of climatological research."

See also:

Excerpt:

"In an article for Breitbart, author James Delingpole claims to provide 58 scientific papers published in 2017 that show global warming to be “a myth”. This claim is sourced entirely from a list on a blog called “No Tricks Zone”. Delingpole claims “comfort” in “know[ing] that ‘the science’ is on our side”, but he can only do so by fundamentally misrepresenting the scientists’ research.

Climate Feedback reached out to authors of the scientific studies in the list of 58 papers that Delingpole claims “corroborate, independently and rigorously” his view that “‘man-made global warming’ just isn’t a thing.”

So far, 29 scientists have responded to our request for comment, and all 29 have replied “No” to the question, “Do you agree with the Breitbart article that your study provides evidence against modern climate change caused by human activities?” You can read more about their reactions below.

Why not post from PNAS or some other relatively reliable science source? There is no way you are going to convince me by quoting clearly biased sources with their own misleading spin on the actual results of scientific research!

Oh, btw, sea level was higher during the Noachian flood in 2370 BCE - likely you discount the Biblical account as well. It was also warmer before the mammoths and other animals were quick frozen in the arctic permafrost until the current global warming.

Sea level was lower prior to that catastrophe - see oceanographic maps of the edges of continental shelves for example.

Snopes, New York times?

LMFAO

I actually prefer our literature. Trump has pointed out the danger of fake news. We also have been counseled to check out accuracy of statement. For me, I prefer science journals like PNAS, Nature, etc. I also like Britannica. But none of these sources are infallible. It can really be complicated to find out the whole truth - but it boils down to this simple sentence: "Prove all things" - 1 Thessalonians 5:21 KJV.

Yeah but your linking Snopes and real science, two biased blogs

From Britannica on the currrent (and past) sea level rise:

global sea surface height change, 1993–2008
global sea surface height change, 1993–2008

It is very important to note that in some areas sea level dropped though the overall trend is an increase of sea level.

This begs the question as to why the height of sea level in different areas of the ocean are different?.
I think it may in part be due to temperature change and thermal expansion of water. What do you all think?

Hint: El NIno.

For example:

"Snopes

25 Oct. 2017

Link:

Excerpts:

"

Excerpt:

See also:

Excerpt:

Snopes, New York times?

LMFAO

Yeah but your linking Snopes and real science, two biased blogs

Sometimes it is good to listen to both biased sides - the truth is often somewhere in between - and each side points out errors from the other side. Tommy also posted biased sources.

Sadly, some biased sides claim the other side provides no evidence when, in fact, the other side did present evidence. Just compare creationist websites with evolutionist websites and typical debates.

Note the above Britannica article does try to find truth. But ultimately it is up to us to check out accuracy of statement.

On the lighter side - warm conversations can be helpful - heated conversations are not helpful.

Forum List

Back