Sestak beat Specter

I am happy to see incumbents go, of either party. If Dems kick the incumbents out of their party, and the Repubs kick them out of theirs.... maybe, just maybe, we'll get less fucking corrupt bastards in Government - regardless of party.

Anyone who thinks that these guys actually act in your best interests is a fool. They're playing us for idiots - and, sadly, we are allowing them to.

Sestak is an incumbent. Republican Pat Toomey has also served in Congress.
Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder know this is more of the same.

incumbent shown the door... Awesome!

I think your right on the money House.

This is going to be all about getting rid of the entrenched encumbants in DC and I don't think its going matter which party either. Get rid of em all. Oh Yes.

Looks like Senator Specter's carreer in the Senate is over. The news media is announcing a Sestak victory.

I had an inkling that this was going to happen. Though Id have prefered Specter lost in the general, I thinK Sestak is a beatable candidate.

A fitting end to his career...beaten by the very party he sold his soul for....and what makes his defeat especially sweet is he LOSES his retirement benefits from the government.:clap2:

Looks like Senator Specter's carreer in the Senate is over. The news media is announcing a Sestak victory.

I had an inkling that this was going to happen. Though Id have prefered Specter lost in the general, I thinK Sestak is a beatable candidate.

A fitting end to his career...beaten by the very party he sold his soul for....and what makes his defeat especially sweet is he LOSES his retirement benefits from the government.:clap2:

Yes it is a fitting ending, too bad he wasn't tossed out two terms at least prior to this. These 'career political manipulators' must all be tossed out on their ears. We as a nation have to put and end to perpetuating the existence of these leeches and vote people in who's primary goal when elected to office is to put the good of the citizens and country FIRST, before themselves.

You are being silly. Where did you get that conclusion? Specter retires with a fortune in retirement goodies.

Sestek, despite beating Specter, will have a very rough time in the election. The Governor is not happy with him, and Rendell usually gets what he wants in PA.

Sestak?

Here he is with one of his supporters

sleestak-crack1.jpg

Your right, just like Bush was not smart. But the both have or had talented folks who helped convince the electorate to put them in office.

Specter represents everything people hate most about politicians. He was an old & corrupt career politician. No one should ever support career politicians. They just can't be trusted. That's why i support term limits. I think it's sweet justice that even the Democrats rejected him in the end. Time to wave bye bye to Arlen Specter for good. That's a good thing for our country.

You are being silly. Where did you get that conclusion? Specter retires with a fortune in retirement goodies.

Sestek, despite beating Specter, will have a very rough time in the election. The Governor is not happy with him, and Rendell usually gets what he wants in PA.

Your so right.

We the taxpayers will supporting he and all retiring Congressmen and Senators and their wives for the rest of their lives. The golden parachutes CEO's have ain't got nothing on what these Clowns voted in for themselves with our hard earned money.

Your also right about Sestek. Barry Boy tried to buy him off and I'm sure none of the powers that be in his State are looking on him favorably right now. I do think Sestek stands a better shot against Toomey than Specter would have but he still wiill have a tough row to hoe against Toomey in the election.

Will be an interesting one to watch.

Rendell didn't get what he wanted Tuesday night, he supported Specter to the end.

Rendell didn't get what he wanted Tuesday night, he supported Specter to the end.

Sestek can't without Rendell's support in the general election, and he very well might not win at all.

I like Admiral Sestak. I am glad he beat Specter. I had a lot of respect for Specter (more so when he was in the GOP), but the guy is 80 years old. Time for some new blood.

Specter had some good moments, but he has demonstrated a flawed character for a long time now changing convictions, changing positions, changing loyalties, changing stories, and ultimately changing parties trying to hold on. It is really hard to fully respect somebody like that. But even if he had held fast to some core values, he voted for the bailouts in 2008, for the stimulus package, for the pork laden appropriations bills, for a budget no conservative could possibly condone, and for the healthcare package. And I fully believe he would have voted for amnesty for illegals and for Cap & Trade once resurrected.

So keep your fingers crossed that somebody more fiscally responsible will replace him.

What "convictions, positions and stories" did he change?
I like a politician that has the character to change "loyalties". Political loyalties to party has ruined this country.
Arlen Specter was no liberal. The man was a career hard nosed prosecutor.
But in today's land of Rush dittohead 30 second sound bites anyone can be thrown a lure and bite.

I like Admiral Sestak. I am glad he beat Specter. I had a lot of respect for Specter (more so when he was in the GOP), but the guy is 80 years old. Time for some new blood.

Specter had some good moments, but he has demonstrated a flawed character for a long time now changing convictions, changing positions, changing loyalties, changing stories, and ultimately changing parties trying to hold on. It is really hard to fully respect somebody like that. But even if he had held fast to some core values, he voted for the bailouts in 2008, for the stimulus package, for the pork laden appropriations bills, for a budget no conservative could possibly condone, and for the healthcare package. And I fully believe he would have voted for amnesty for illegals and for Cap & Trade once resurrected.

So keep your fingers crossed that somebody more fiscally responsible will replace him.

What "convictions, positions and stories" did he change?
I like a politician that has the character to change "loyalties". Political loyalties to party has ruined this country.
Arlen Specter was no liberal. The man was a career hard nosed prosecutor.
But in today's land of Rush dittohead 30 second sound bites anyone can be thrown a lure and bite.

He changed parties twice, not out of personal convictions, but out of political expediency. Over the years at various times he has been pro choice, pro life, pro fiscal conservative, pro government spending, pro war, anti war, etc. etc. etc.. He is one of those politicians that says what he thinks the people want to hear or what the leadership wants to hear in order to land a prestigious (and lucrative) committee appointment. The man seems devoid of any strong personal convictions.

You might like that. Many of the rest of us see it as sleazy and a character flaw.

Forum List

Back