Sestak beat Specter

You honestly think Obama wont endorse Sestak now?

Of course he will.

However, Sestak will not be remembered as the "Obama candidate", just like Rand Paul won't be remembered as the "MConnell candidate".

Arlen had the democratic establishment behind him. Sestak can now go and say I faught against the establishment of my party, I stand for you and not my party.

It's the exact same dynamic in Kentucky that's going on in Pennsylvania and might bring both candidates (Sestak and Paul) to victory in the general.

Pretty simple concept to understand.

I think you are right. Also, Paul seems to be a pretty good candidate in his own right.

Indeed he is. Sestak is not to bad either. Both know what to say and who to say it too. They're both very smart politicians and Rand Paul is a very honest politicians with fairly consistent values and that's refreshing.

Sestak beat Specter
Great news.

But this is only the primary.

Specter still has hope if he decides to run as an independent.

So let us all say a prayer tonight that Jesus will give Specter the power to carry on and fight to victory in November!

Sestak beat Specter
Great news.

So let us all say a prayer tonight that Jesus will give Specter the power to carry on and fight to victory in November!

In truth, I care more about watching grass grow than Specter or anything about the Pennsylvania Senate race.

Maybe, maybe not.

While Specter could indeed have got his ass kicked by a ham sammich in November, what excuse will the democratics use should Toomey win?

As a tea party conservative--I am glad Arlan Spector--the one who claimed to be a conservative whom decided to change from a Republican to a Democrat for political expidiency over the stimulus bill--got his ass kicked by another democrat--:lol::lol::lol:

I have been waiting for this one for months. I do expect a Republican win of this seat in November--but how great it was to see one of the dinasore's lose his butt--long time--political career terminated by the PEOPLE.

Arlan Spector FINALLY now in the unemployment line--:lol::lol::lol:

Indeed he is. Sestak is not to bad either. Both know what to say and who to say it too. They're both very smart politicians and Rand Paul is a very honest politicians with fairly consistent values and that's refreshing.

Your not serious are you? Sestak is horrible. I know, he represents my district.

Sestak beat Specter
Great news.

Im kind of curious who that would hurt more. The Republicans or the Democrats.

I like Admiral Sestak. I am glad he beat Specter. I had a lot of respect for Specter (more so when he was in the GOP), but the guy is 80 years old. Time for some new blood.

Specter had some good moments, but he has demonstrated a flawed character for a long time now changing convictions, changing positions, changing loyalties, changing stories, and ultimately changing parties trying to hold on. It is really hard to fully respect somebody like that. But even if he had held fast to some core values, he voted for the bailouts in 2008, for the stimulus package, for the pork laden appropriations bills, for a budget no conservative could possibly condone, and for the healthcare package. And I fully believe he would have voted for amnesty for illegals and for Cap & Trade once resurrected.

So keep your fingers crossed that somebody more fiscally responsible will replace him.

Looks like Senator Specter's carreer in the Senate is over. The news media is announcing a Sestak victory.

I had an inkling that this was going to happen. Though Id have prefered Specter lost in the general, I thinK Sestak is a beatable candidate.

Specter would have won in a Rendell-dominated state. The GOP there does not have the sand against him to pull down Specter: too many GOP would have voted quietly for him.

Sestak is another matter: very far left comparted to Specter, and still hasn't answered why he was relieved from command.

This race is in play.

I am happy to see incumbents go, of either party. If Dems kick the incumbents out of their party, and the Repubs kick them out of theirs.... maybe, just maybe, we'll get less fucking corrupt bastards in Government - regardless of party.

Anyone who thinks that these guys actually act in your best interests is a fool. They're playing us for idiots - and, sadly, we are allowing them to.

I am happy to see incumbents go, of either party. If Dems kick the incumbents out of their party, and the Repubs kick them out of theirs.... maybe, just maybe, we'll get less fucking corrupt bastards in Government - regardless of party.

Anyone who thinks that these guys actually act in your best interests is a fool. They're playing us for idiots - and, sadly, we are allowing them to.

100% agree with this post. The days of the career politicians is hopefully OVER.
I think the cliche' "Familiarity breeds contempt" is true. Once someone spends too much time in one place, or position, many not all, become just what we've seen over the years. Arrogant drones, in many cases, voting themselves perks and pay raises at the expense of those that voted them into office who are struggling to make ends meet, watching these 'career manipulators' live like royalty, while they pay back their pals around the country for their support, again at the expense of the taxpayer who foots the 'pork bills'.

So much more to say, but I'll save it for later. ADIOS, SEN. SPECTER, many of us hope you'll have a company of incumbents all looking for someone or thing to manipulate. We do not know how the 'newbie' will perform, what we do know is that those that repeat the same old lines are OUT! If the 'newbie' doesn't perform,they are out after ONE term, until someone that works truly for the people takes a seat.

100% agree with this post. The days of the career politicians is hopefully OVER.
I think the cliche' "Familiarity breeds contempt" is true. Once someone spends too much time in one place, or position, many not all, become just what we've seen over the years. Arrogant drones, in many cases, voting themselves perks and pay raises at the expense of those that voted them into office who are struggling to make ends meet, watching these 'career manipulators' live like royalty, while they pay back their pals around the country for their support, again at the expense of the taxpayer who foots the 'pork bills'.

So much more to say, but I'll save it for later. ADIOS, SEN. SPECTER, many of us hope you'll have a company of incumbents all looking for someone or thing to manipulate. We do not know how the 'newbie' will perform, what we do know is that those that repeat the same old lines are OUT! If the 'newbie' doesn't perform,they are out after ONE term, until someone that works truly for the people takes a seat.

Thanks.

It does give me hope..... for change. :lol::lol: But THIS time, the change will come from 'We, the People', not some manufactured crap from a career asshole and his gang of thugs.

The more I see of our politicians - left and right - the more I despise them. Just kick 'em all out and take back the country. That doesn't mean the right wing, nor the left.... but both sides, and those of us who have no 'side'. Cuz right now, DC is not working in our best interest.... any of us. They sucker the left with promises of 'free stuff' and they treat those that disagree as though we are 'nuts'. And, sadly, if this board is anything to go on.... we fall for it.... stupidity is rife.

Thanks.

It does give me hope..... for change. :lol::lol: But THIS time, the change will come from 'We, the People', not some manufactured crap from a career asshole and his gang of thugs.

The more I see of our politicians - left and right - the more I despise them. Just kick 'em all out and take back the country. That doesn't mean the right wing, nor the left.... but both sides, and those of us who have no 'side'. Cuz right now, DC is not working in our best interest.... any of us. They sucker the left with promises of 'free stuff' and they treat those that disagree as though we are 'nuts'. And, sadly, if this board is anything to go on.... we fall for it.... stupidity is rife.

Right on CG, both parties with all these 'career manipulators' have lots of plans to make for their futures. WE the people want New Blood, those that work FOR the people and the country as a whole, ALL the TIME, and not their inside group of political pals, who for the most part, could really care less about us, while they are sitting in their taxpayer supported castles in Washington D.C. right down to the local governments, but locally they seem to do more for their constituents than in D.C.

Last edited:
This was the first time I did not vote for Specter. Sestak was impressive and should beat Toomey easily. Toomey represents the party that can not do.

This was the first time I did not vote for Specter. Sestak was impressive and should beat Toomey easily. Toomey represents the party that can not do.

It was past time for Specter to retire, I liked what I saw of Sestak. As with all of them, time will tell how far they get running against the machines..

I'd love to see "Mr. Magic Bullet" throw a senile moment tantrum and spill the beans on Dealy Plaza.

Good riddance to an embedded foreign asset.

Forum List

Back