Seriously

∆T = 5.35 k ln (CO2F/CO2I) where ∆T = change in temperature, k = climate sensitivity, CO2F = final carbon dioxide concentration, CO2I = initial carbon dioxide concentration ...

Are you familiar with the behavior of logrithmic functions?
Bet your asteroid I do.
I know MORE about logarithmic functions then you, guaranteed ...you misspelled LOGARITHMIC.

Then can you solve for k @ 415 ppm? ...
Ah, yes. But all you’ll get is an expression
That’s a silly question. You still have two other unknowns and you didn’t say if 415 ppm was the initial or final concentration of CO2.

At least if you’re going to pretend to know math, pretend with more Information ....faker.
415 is the current concentration. So you can input 300 ppm as the inital and 415 as the final to see what the change was. Or you can input 415 as the initial and say 580 as the final to see what the change will be.

But be careful about your units because that equation does not give the answer in deg C.
Oh, so you conveniently omitted a pair of necessary values to do what, have me check your spelling again.
Another mistake on your part. You need both pairs of values to make two natural log equations because you still have two unknowns, delta t and the constant K. So far, you’re 0-3 in making yourself look smart.
I had no problem using it. Other than needing the conversion factor for w/m^2 to deg C, there's missing. You're an idiot.
You have no problem looking foolish making up math problems then omitting 1/2 the necessary values needed to solve it. By your own admissions and corrections, you miss spelled “the nature“ of the equation and failed to give enough values to solve it. Ha ha. Take a dementia test Trump. I had to correct you zercons twice.....

Fly away pigeons.

∆T = 5.35 k ln (CO2F/CO2I) where ∆T = change in temperature, k = climate sensitivity, CO2F = final carbon dioxide concentration, CO2I = initial carbon dioxide concentration ...

Bet your asteroid I do.
I know MORE about logarithmic functions then you, guaranteed ...you misspelled LOGARITHMIC.

That’s a silly question. You still have two other unknowns and you didn’t say if 415 ppm was the initial or final concentration of CO2.

At least if you’re going to pretend to know math, pretend with more Information ....faker.
415 is the current concentration. So you can input 300 ppm as the inital and 415 as the final to see what the change was. Or you can input 415 as the initial and say 580 as the final to see what the change will be.

But be careful about your units because that equation does not give the answer in deg C.
Oh, so you conveniently omitted a pair of necessary values to do what, have me check your spelling again.
Another mistake on your part. You need both pairs of values to make two natural log equations because you still have two unknowns, delta t and the constant K. So far, you’re 0-3 in making yourself look smart.
I had no problem using it. Other than needing the conversion factor for w/m^2 to deg C, there's missing. You're an idiot.
You have no problem looking foolish making up math problems then omitting 1/2 the necessary values needed to solve it. By your own admissions and corrections, you miss spelled “the nature“ of the equation and failed to give enough values to solve it. Ha ha. Take a dementia test Trump. I had to correct you zercons twice.....

Fly away pigeons.
You are an idiot. That's exactly how the equation has always be represented because they work in w/m^2. Can't you do a simple unit conversion from w/m^2 to deg C? Go look it up for yourself. I had no problem using it. See?

1595640635295.png

there's missing.

Bet your asteroid I do.

I had no problem using it. Other than needing the conversion factor for w/m^2 to deg C, there's nothing missing. You're an idiot.
Ha ha, I noticed you spent two posts adding values that “weren’t missing.” You asked me to solve an equation with 4 values unknown and only one given, and you didn’t even tell me which value it was ?.....what a dufus.

You think making up shit will get you more money ?
When it leads to taxing carbon... absolutely.
So, 3400 universities and all govt agencies fell for a Chinese hoax just to what ?
No one mentioned the Chinese but you.

What do you think atmospheric CO2 will be in the year 2100?

How much will the sea level rise by the year 2100?

I want to get a feel for how informed you are.
Do you want to be informed ? There are a plethora of websites. Facts are free. You don’t have to make up extraneous shit up. Would you like some help ?

Yes, they are, however your heroes rely on computer models.

Models aren't facts
If you were one quarter as smart as you think you are you would know that.

Bet your asteroid I do.

Fly away pigeons.
No one made up a math problem, dummy.

See?

I'm a degreed engineer. Been doing engineering for 36 years. What are your qualifications?
Qualifications ?
This is the internet. I could be just a high school grad or a brain surgeon....I’ll give you a discount for my services.
You’re a fking piss poor teacher.
So, where did you get your degree from ? Why don’t you check their Climate Change cred.

there's missing.

Bet your asteroid I do.

I had no problem using it. Other than needing the conversion factor for w/m^2 to deg C, there's nothing missing. You're an idiot.
Ha ha, I noticed you spent two posts adding values that “weren’t missing.” You asked me to solve an equation with 4 values unknown and only one given, and you didn’t even tell me which value it was ?.....what a dufus.
There's nothing missing, dummy.

I'm a degreed engineer. Been doing engineering for 36 years. What are your qualifications?
Qualifications ?
This is the internet. I could be just a high school grad or a brain surgeon....I’ll give you a discount for my services.
You’re a fking piss poor teacher.
So, where did you get your degree from ? Why don’t you check their Climate Change cred.
You have no qualifications. That's obvious.

Which is why you ran away from answering the question. :lol:

Bet your asteroid I do.

Fly away pigeons.

See?

Forcing due to atmospheric gas[edit]
For a greenhouse gas, such as carbon dioxide, radiative transfer codes that examine each spectral line for atmospheric conditions can be used to calculate the change ΔF as a function of changing concentration. These calculations might be simplified into an algebraic formulation that is specific to that gas.

For instance, a proposed simplified first-order approximation expression for carbon dioxide would be:

{\displaystyle \Delta F=5.35\times \ln {C \over C_{0}}~\mathrm {W} ~\mathrm {m} ^{-2}\,}
\Delta F=5.35\times \ln {C \over C_{0}}~\mathrm {W} ~\mathrm {m} ^{-2}\,

where C is the CO
2 concentration in parts per million by volume and C0 is the reference concentration.[9] The relationship between carbon dioxide and radiative forcing is logarithmic,[10] at concentrations up to around eight times the current value, and thus increased concentrations have a progressively smaller warming effect. Some claim that at higher concentrations, however, it becomes supra-logarithmic so that there is no saturation in the absorption of infrared radiation by CO
2.[11]

A different formula might apply for other greenhouse gases such as methane and N
2O
(square-root dependence) or CFCs (linear), with coefficients that may be found e.g. in the IPCC reports.[12] While recently a [13] suggests a significant revision of methane IPCC formula.

So that’s a lot of woo woo. What’s your point ? AGW is a Chinese hoax ? Laughable duds.

Bet your asteroid I do.

Fly away pigeons.

See?

For a greenhouse gas, such as carbon dioxide, radiative transfer codes that examine each spectral line for atmospheric conditions can be used to calculate the change ΔF as a function of changing concentration. These calculations might be simplified into an algebraic formulation that is specific to that gas.

For instance, a proposed simplified first-order approximation expression for carbon dioxide would be:

{\displaystyle \Delta F=5.35\times \ln {C \over C_{0}}~\mathrm {W} ~\mathrm {m} ^{-2}\,}

where C is the CO
2 concentration in parts per million by volume and C0 is the reference concentration.[9] The relationship between carbon dioxide and radiative forcing is logarithmic,[10] at concentrations up to around eight times the current value, and thus increased concentrations have a progressively smaller warming effect. Some claim that at higher concentrations, however, it becomes supra-logarithmic so that there is no saturation in the absorption of infrared radiation by CO
2.[11]

A different formula might apply for other greenhouse gases such as methane and N
2O
(square-root dependence) or CFCs (linear), with coefficients that may be found e.g. in the IPCC reports.[12] While recently a [13] suggests a significant revision of methane IPCC formula.

So that’s a lot of woo woo. What’s your point ? AGW is a Chinese hoax ? Laughable duds.
My point is that CO2 does not drive climate change. CO2 reinforces climate change.

And... you are an idiot.

There's nothing missing, dummy.
Sure, you spent two posts adding material you never included because you’re a retarded engineer with too much free time in his hands.

My point is that CO2 does not drive climate change. CO2 reinforces climate change.

Bet your asteroid I do.

Fly away pigeons.

See?

where C is the CO
2.[11]

2O

And... you are an idiot.
“My point is that CO2 does not drive climate change. CO2 reinforces climate change.“
You’re an engineer and you don’t recognize CO2 as a greenhouse gas ? Geesus, you must be an engineer for toy trains. Take it up with every university.

Bet your asteroid I do.

Fly away pigeons.

See?

where C is the CO
2.[11]

2O

And... you are an idiot.
“My point is that CO2 does not drive climate change. CO2 reinforces climate change.“
You’re an engineer and you don’t recognize CO2 as a greenhouse gas ? Geesus, you must be an engineer for toy trains. Take it up with every university.
I didn't say that. I said it doesn't drive climate change. It reinforces climate change. You think it drives it. And there is absolutely zero evidence for that. CO2 lags temperature because of CO2 sequestration of the ocean.

You are being stupid. I bet you have a minimum wage job.

And... you are an idiot.
And what does that make you if you can’t even make a point with a HS grad without embarrassing yourself.
I'm pretty happy with our exchanges. I can drop down to your level, but you can not rise up to mine.
Be careful. I never pretended to be anything but a humble middle class worker who values education and the American institutions It’s asinine to pretend that science practiced in our institutions is not Responsible for the greatest ideas man has ever had.....
because they collectively are smarter then me or you or literally, any single person. Maybe, You, like Trump, feel smarter because why ? He passed a dementia test ? .

didn't say that. I said it doesn't drive climate change. It reinforces climate change. You think it drives it. And there is absolutely zero evidence for that. CO2 lags temperature because of CO2 sequestration of the ocean.
There are many green house gasses in the atmosphere, some more effective then CO2. But, CO2 is the most abundant, it increases with fossil fuel burning and it ACCELERATES the temperature rise. Yes, it drives climate change because “the rate” increase is more affected by CO2 Production then any-other gas.
Anyone who believes differently, take it up with NASA. And everyone else. But climate change deniers are in the minority and getting smaller in number. They’re is just so much a person can take being on the stupid side of the fence.

dipshits look at the temps for the past 1000 years and thinks they have looked at climate change.
Your little charts are irrelevant ......
This is all you need to know. According to Smithsonian
Carbon Dioxide Levels Reach Highest Point in Human History
Last Friday, carbon concentrations at Hawaii’s Mauna Loa Observatory topped 415 ppm
Actually, no. They are extremely relevant. The conditions which existed that created the icehouse world are still present today, dummy.

Look how cold you want it to be. :lol:

View attachment 366852
No they aren’t. Your scale is all off. The rate if change is greater then at any time in the history of mankind dufus.

The rate if change is greater then at any time in the history of mankind dufus.

1760-2020?

Forum List

Back