Seriously, What Should A Citizen Do In This Situation?

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010

Watch this video. Guy gets stopped because he "fits the description" but as you'll find out later the "Suspect" they are looking for has a distinct tattoo on the neck (if you believe there is a suspect at all) BUT they STILL harass this guy for close to 20 minutes with multiple officers surrounding him.

Bad bad training,on the flip side he should have kept walking will there was just one of them.

What a bunch of bullshit. Does he live in a state that he has to legally identify himself? That's it.

Taking a bunch of videos and blowing them out of proportion. Is that really what you want?

What a bunch of bullshit. Does he live in a state that he has to legally identify himself? That's it.

That's ultimately the question. Some states have statutes in place where if a police officer asks you for ID you have to provide it or in the very least give them your name if you don't one on you. Other states do not have that law in place. Here in Nevada they can only ask for it you're under reasonable suspicion of having just committed a crime or in the act of committing one.

Taking a bunch of videos and blowing them out of proportion. Is that really what you want?
So having a gun pointed at you is ok? and one should just shrug it off?

You should try it sometime ,it gives you a real tingle up your leg!!

I can't see the video but am going to assume based on who posted it that he's being arrested/harassed and he's black?

Wonder if the tc would have come to my defense on the two occasions I was wrongfully arrested? Doubtful, I'm the wrong color. No Jesse Jacksons or Al Sharptons. Just a jail cell overnight & a release without being charged with a crime.

Once for being in a bar while I was on an out of state school contract. After work of course. The bar was raided for drugs and despite being from out of town & proving it I was arrested anyways.

Once for refusing to tell a cop MY NAME while I was on my own property.

Apparently being white is a crime right?

That's ultimately the question. Some states have statutes in place where if a police officer asks you for ID you have to provide it or in the very least give them your name if you don't one on you. Other states do not have that law in place. Here in Nevada they can only ask for it you're under reasonable suspicion of having just committed a crime or in the act of committing one.

That's what I am talking about. Even so, had the guy been cooperative in the beginning and not been an asshole then I might say...........yep, you were jacked. Instead, he launched into a diatribe that demonstrates his intention to provoke a situation.

I have had one, thanks for asking.

That's what I am talking about. Even so, had the guy been cooperative in the beginning and not been an asshole then I might say...........yep, you were jacked. Instead, he launched into a diatribe that demonstrates his intention to provoke a situation.

He claims she had a gun on him. That sounds to me like it was already a situation.

He claims she had a gun on him. That sounds to me like it was already a situation.

He had every opportunity to defuse the situation and chose not to. Instead he chose to escalate the situation to prove.........what?

Would never get myself in that situation.

I am a decent citizen who respects the law.

I have no problem showing my ID to an officer.

What should he do? Get a lawyer and sue and contact his legislature about changing the laws. It's the only recourse a citizen has that doesn't involve killdozer.

He had every opportunity to defuse the situation and chose not to. Instead he chose to escalate the situation to prove.........what?

The cops also had every opportunity to defuse the situation.

Not every engagement is worth defending. This one isn't it. From the get go, the guy set the stage. It was an opportunity.
I have zero feelings of sympathy here.

His rights???!!! bowing down to authority without question is a very bad thing.

The cops also had every opportunity to defuse the situation.

Not every engagement is worth defending. This one isn't it. From the get go, the guy set the stage. It was an opportunity.
I have zero feelings of sympathy here.
Your rights are always worth defending!!! think!!!

I agree totally, but what could he do on the spot? You might beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride.

Again. Does California have a law on the books about proving his identity?

I have had one, thanks for asking.
And did you deserve it ? if not than its still ok?

Forum List

Back