serious question on core Jewish belief

Anyone who celebrates the torture and death of Jesus and then eats him is suspect...

According to the story Jesus identifies his betrayer by giving him bread dipped in wine.

"As soon as Judas received the bread Satan entered him.." John 13:27

Yep and me and 1 billion more of my Catholic friends.

See? Now you know irosie91

GOD selected a representative group that were suppose to be the beacon of GOD (HIS representatives/missionaries) to the other nations. And in fact Joseph would be GOD's emissary the the nation of EGYPT, Solomon would influence the surrounding kingdoms, as Daniel would be the the emissary to BABYLON, and Ezekiel the PERSIANS, etc... This group would be the linage of the MESSIAH --- who would make salvation possible for the entire world.
I always wondered by any god would have to enlist humans to convince other people to believe in him.

Why not just appear to everyone at the same time ?
God didn't enlist me and I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

I am defending my beliefs from attacks from others.
So now you're comparing yourself to Moses and the others that god allegedly spoke to?
Not at all. I have no idea how you even made that leap in logic. God didn't enlist me and I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I am defending my beliefs from attacks from others.
But in the OT he did enlist people to bring his message to others.

If he was indeed all powerful why did he have to send Moses the 10 Commandments? Why not just appear to everyone on the entire planet and declare himself?
I don't know that he did. For all I know that was an embellishment.

But it seems to me that for any given thing there will be some who have a natural talent for it and those are the ones who NATURALLY end up instructing others who have less talent in it. So whether we are talking about music or math or science or spirituality there will always be a distribution within each subset. The better naturally instruct the average.
I'm not talking about music or math.

I am asking why an all powerful god can't deliver his message all the people he supposedly created at the same time.

There weren't that many people living back then so I think it wouldn't have been too much for a god to handle.
You will have to ask God that question.

I believe He did and does. It's just that some are too busy listening to themselves to hear Him.

But why do you care?
It's an interesting question that people have never given a satisfactory answer for
I doubt there is any answer you will find satisfactory. That isn't the point of you asking it.
If the all powerful creator wanted all of his creations to worship him in just one particular way then he should have been able to tell everyone he ever created exactly what he wants and not leave the rules of worship up to mere mortals
Who said "the all powerful creator" wanted all of his creations to worship him in just one particular way?

Which way is that? Was there a memo that was sent out that I missed?

You know that nobody cares if you don't believe in "the all powerful creator," right? I mean other than you that is.
So it makes sense to you that your god wanted you to follow the NT and others to follow the OT and yet others to follow the Koran etc
It makes perfect sense to me that there are many perceptions of a Creator who doesn't interfere with the lives of man. Yes.

What doesn't make sense to me is why you care what others believe.
Yeah you believe that the all powerful loving creator actually wants discord among the differing religions

I'm inters ted in what people believe because I am interested in people. I am still trying to understand why people say they believe something and yet behave in ways that are completely contradictory to those beliefs.
Not sure why you would think that's what I would believe, but go right ahead and believe that. It seems important to you.

If you were interested in what people believe you wouldn't have told me what you think I believe. :rolleyes:

It's only contradictory in your head because you want it to be contradictory. You lack objectivity.
You tell me what I think all the time

What's the matter you don't like it?
Like has nothing to do with it. If you were interested in what people believe you wouldn't have told me what you think I believe. So that was just a bullshit cover story. I on the other hand never said I was interested in what you think. You aren't any different than hobelim and breezewood. You are just a different flavor of militant atheism.
So you don't like it when people do that to you yet you do it all the time.

And I'm not an atheist I can't say with any certainty that gods do not exist. And as I have told you many times already I don't think it matters if gods exist or not.

I don't worship gods and I wouldn't even if there was 100% iron clad proof that gods do exist.

And with your history of flat out dishonesty in my conversations with you has put my respect for you and your beliefs at about a negative 5

Anyone who celebrates the torture and death of Jesus and then eats him is suspect...

According to the story Jesus identifies his betrayer by giving him bread dipped in wine.

"As soon as Judas received the bread Satan entered him.." John 13:27

Yep and me and 1 billion more of my Catholic friends.

See? Now you know irosie91
Your misrepresentation of our actions and beliefs is totally expected.

You really are pissed off today. I hope this is helping you get it out of your system.

GOD selected a representative group that were suppose to be the beacon of GOD (HIS representatives/missionaries) to the other nations. And in fact Joseph would be GOD's emissary the the nation of EGYPT, Solomon would influence the surrounding kingdoms, as Daniel would be the the emissary to BABYLON, and Ezekiel the PERSIANS, etc... This group would be the linage of the MESSIAH --- who would make salvation possible for the entire world.
I always wondered by any god would have to enlist humans to convince other people to believe in him.

So now you're comparing yourself to Moses and the others that god allegedly spoke to?
Not at all. I have no idea how you even made that leap in logic. God didn't enlist me and I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I am defending my beliefs from attacks from others.

If he was indeed all powerful why did he have to send Moses the 10 Commandments? Why not just appear to everyone on the entire planet and declare himself?

But it seems to me that for any given thing there will be some who have a natural talent for it and those are the ones who NATURALLY end up instructing others who have less talent in it. So whether we are talking about music or math or science or spirituality there will always be a distribution within each subset. The better naturally instruct the average.

I am asking why an all powerful god can't deliver his message all the people he supposedly created at the same time.

There weren't that many people living back then so I think it wouldn't have been too much for a god to handle.

I believe He did and does. It's just that some are too busy listening to themselves to hear Him.

But why do you care?
It's an interesting question that people have never given a satisfactory answer for
I doubt there is any answer you will find satisfactory. That isn't the point of you asking it.
If the all powerful creator wanted all of his creations to worship him in just one particular way then he should have been able to tell everyone he ever created exactly what he wants and not leave the rules of worship up to mere mortals
Who said "the all powerful creator" wanted all of his creations to worship him in just one particular way?

You know that nobody cares if you don't believe in "the all powerful creator," right? I mean other than you that is.
really, are you that naive ...
View attachment 501865
the desert religions have been the most brutal and fanatic of all the greater religions on planet Earth, without interruption.

- for a christian suppression has been their calling card from the beginning.
If that were true those religions would have died out long ago. You are a hammer looking for a nail.
No I'm merely trying to understand the incongruities

You like to sweep them under the rug
No. You are manufacturing conflict because you need conflict.
No you see conflict because YOU need it.
I'm not in a militant atheist discussion forum trolling for militant atheists to argue with.

I'm not a militant anything.

And don't forget YOU are the one who replied to a question I didn't ask you.

But why do you care?

So it makes sense to you that your god wanted you to follow the NT and others to follow the OT and yet others to follow the Koran etc
It makes perfect sense to me that there are many perceptions of a Creator who doesn't interfere with the lives of man. Yes.

Yeah you believe that the all powerful loving creator actually wants discord among the differing religions

I'm inters ted in what people believe because I am interested in people. I am still trying to understand why people say they believe something and yet behave in ways that are completely contradictory to those beliefs.
Not sure why you would think that's what I would believe, but go right ahead and believe that. It seems important to you.

If you were interested in what people believe you wouldn't have told me what you think I believe. :rolleyes:

It's only contradictory in your head because you want it to be contradictory. You lack objectivity.

Like has nothing to do with it. If you were interested in what people believe you wouldn't have told me what you think I believe. So that was just a bullshit cover story. I on the other hand never said I was interested in what you think. You aren't any different than hobelim and breezewood. You are just a different flavor of militant atheism.

And I'm not an atheist I can't say with any certainty that gods do not exist. And as I have told you many times already I don't think it matters if gods exist or not.

I don't worship gods and I wouldn't even if there was 100% iron clad proof that gods do exist.

And with your history of flat out dishonesty in my conversations with you has put my respect for you and your beliefs at about a negative 5
People do it all the time. Hobelim just did in his last post. I couldn't care less. If you want to pretend you are here because you are interested in the beliefs of others, go right ahead. I know better. I don't need your origin story to know why you are here. I see right through you.

But why do you care?

View attachment 501865
the desert religions have been the most brutal and fanatic of all the greater religions on planet Earth, without interruption.

If that were true those religions would have died out long ago. You are a hammer looking for a nail.

I'm not in a militant atheist discussion forum trolling for militant atheists to argue with.

You are just a different flavor of it. A milder version. Otherwise no difference.

But why do you care?

People do it all the time. Hobelim just did in his last post. I couldn't care less. If you want to pretend you are here because you are interested in the beliefs of others, go right ahead. I know better. I don't need your origin story to know why you are here. I see right through you.
I don't count you because you are the single most disingenuous person I have encountered on this board.

But why do you care?

I don't count you because you are the single most disingenuous person I have encountered on this board.
I'll take that as a compliment coming from you.

But why do you care?

View attachment 501865

You are just a different flavor of it. A milder version. Otherwise no difference.
Once again not an atheist.

I see you still haven't overcome your aversion to dictionaries.

And Like I said I wasn't even responding to you.

But why do you care?

I know you like being a liar.

So at least you admit it.

But why do you care?

View attachment 501865

Who are you trying to convince? I hope not me.

But why do you care?

View attachment 501865

Goodbye.

Good riddance

But why do you care?

I know you like being a liar.

So at least you admit it.
That's some amazing logic you just used there. And you think I'm disingenuous.

But why do you care?

View attachment 501865

No one is more convincing that you are full of shit than you are.

But why do you care?

View attachment 501865

Goodbye.

Good riddance
Thank God.

There's your proof that God exists.

But why do you care?

View attachment 501865

You really are wound up today.

But why do you care?

View attachment 501865

A projection again?

you are the one making an ass out of yourself with anyone who tries to reason with you.

I'm not pissed off about anything.

I would find it funny if you weren't so pathetic.

But why do you care?

View attachment 501865

A projection again?

you are the one making an ass out of yourself with anyone who tries to reason with you.

I'm not pissed off about anything.

I would find it funny if you weren't so pathetic.
Too funny.

It's so easy to see the hostility towards Christianity and Christians in this forum. So easy.

New Topics

Forum List

Back