Sent by Trump, soldiers arrive at border as migrant caravan in Mexico pushes north

I consider myself a pretty peaceable person however I'm having difficulting reconciling the leaders of nations scrambling to make accomodations to those who are making demands upon them to essentially let them have their way. For example this:

"We are not killers," said Stephany Lopez, 21, who traveld from El Salvador. "We just want to work for a few years, and after that he can deport us if he wants."

or this

On Friday, the governor of the Mexican state of Veracruz, Miguel Angel Yunes, said that his government would provide 100 buses to transport the migrants to Mexico City or “any other place they want” as early as Saturday.

Sent by Trump, soldiers arrive at border as migrant caravan in Mexico pushes north

Nov. 3, 2018 / 12:46 PM PDT
By Gabe Gutierrez

HIDALGO, Texas — With the first of three Central American caravans of asylum seekers still more than 700 miles away from the U.S.-Mexico border, the military is beginning to fan out across southern Texas.

On Friday, soldiers reinforced the international bridge in Hidalgo, near McAllen, in the first wave of up to 15,000 troops that President Donald Trump has said will help secure the southern border. They are conducting drills and putting up chain-link fencing topped with barbed wire.

About 160 active-duty soldiers — mostly engineers and military police from various units — are now in the McAllen area, said U.S. Army Sgt. Maj. Faith Laughter.

In total, including members of the National Guard who have been at the border since April, Trump's military deployment to the border could cost more than $200 million, according to The Washington Post.

Hidalgo resident Josemaria Vasquez said she strongly opposes Trump's decision.

"There's better use of that money,” Vasquez said. “This is not an invasion."​
I consider myself a pretty peaceable person however I'm having difficulting reconciling the leaders of nations scrambling to make accomodations to those who are making demands upon them to essentially let them have their way. For example this:

"We are not killers," said Stephany Lopez, 21, who traveld from El Salvador. "We just want to work for a few years, and after that he can deport us if he wants."

or this

On Friday, the governor of the Mexican state of Veracruz, Miguel Angel Yunes, said that his government would provide 100 buses to transport the migrants to Mexico City or “any other place they want” as early as Saturday.

Nov. 3, 2018 / 12:46 PM PDT
By Gabe Gutierrez

HIDALGO, Texas — With the first of three Central American caravans of asylum seekers still more than 700 miles away from the U.S.-Mexico border, the military is beginning to fan out across southern Texas.

On Friday, soldiers reinforced the international bridge in Hidalgo, near McAllen, in the first wave of up to 15,000 troops that President Donald Trump has said will help secure the southern border. They are conducting drills and putting up chain-link fencing topped with barbed wire.

About 160 active-duty soldiers — mostly engineers and military police from various units — are now in the McAllen area, said U.S. Army Sgt. Maj. Faith Laughter.

In total, including members of the National Guard who have been at the border since April, Trump's military deployment to the border could cost more than $200 million, according to The Washington Post.

Hidalgo resident Josemaria Vasquez said she strongly opposes Trump's decision.

"There's better use of that money,” Vasquez said. “This is not an invasion."​

Would you like to see the troops safe here at our borders or on active duty overseas where they get killed?

A few years back, GOP dogma was that we needed to fight the terrorists "over there" so we're not fighting them here. We have 2,000 soldiers battling supposed terrorists in Syria where Al Queda and ISIS both have shop set up. We have 15,000 in the SW where neither ISIS or Al Queda have any sort of set up.

It's called;
in·va·sion
[inˈvāZHən]
NOUN
  1. an instance of invading a country or region with an armed force.
    "in 1546 England had to be defended from invasion" ·
    occupation · conquering · capture · seizure · annexation · annexing · takeover · appropriation · expropriation · arrogation · overrunning · overwhelming · storming · attack ·
    influx · inundation · inrush · rush · flood · torrent · deluge · stream · avalanche
  2. an unwelcome intrusion into another's domain.

3. an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere of activity.

Armed force? LOL.
It's called sheer stupidity. Islamic fundamentalists blew up the USS Cole, our Embssies in Nairobi and Tanzania, the WTC, Pentagon, hijacked 4 planes etc...

But you're worried about migrants who are likely looking for jobs as nannies and gardeners who are almost completely unarmed.

We have 2,000 troops to fight the Islamic Fundamentalists; we're allocating 15,000 to fight the gardeners and nannies.

Those are the facts and they are not in dispute.

2000 troops fighting all Islam extremists? Have any link to that claim?

So what do gardeners and nannies do when they don't get their way?

The standoff at the riverbank followed a more violent confrontation that occurred on the bridge over the river Sunday night, when migrants threw rocks and used sticks against Mexico police. One migrant died from a head wound during the clash, but the cause was unclear.

The second group back at the Guatemalan frontier has been more unruly than the first that crossed. Guatemala’s Interior Ministry said Guatemalan police officers were injured when the migrant group broke through border barriers on Guatemala’s side of the bridge.

Mexico authorities said migrants attacked its agents with rocks, glass bottles and fireworks when they broke through a gate on the Mexican end but were pushed back, and some allegedly carried guns and firebombs.

Police halt 2nd migrant group trying to enter Mexico

Those nannies can be some pretty mean people when they don't have kids to take care of, can't they?

yeah , little i follow your plight it seems to me that you Black People Americans are taking the brunt of bad things with these third world immigrants being imported into the USA these last 40 or more years MaryAm .

It's pretty sad you don't understand the difference between a border wall and having armed military support.

Like I said... for some reason you say you are too busy to educate yourself by reading a book, but you seem to think you are an expert in every topic on this forum.

What book? WTF did I ever say anything about a book here?

You think I only remember things you say in this thread? I've discussed several subjects with you before, and given you recommendations on books to read to get a little better educated...

Only for you to say you are either ALWAYS working or at home resting, and don't have enough time to read a book... or even listen to a fucking book while driving, when you ARE A TRUCK DRIVER. You are the true representation of most Trump supporters. You don't want to educate yourself, and you make excuses not to, but yet you know about everything and have several hours a day to argue here about stuff without learning about the subject first.

I have no idea WTF you're talking about, but if I responded to your book suggestions, I have better things to do than to spend time reading leftist crap. If I'm going to read anything, it's going to be something that at least makes sense and not full of lies. I don't watch CNN or any other Commie network, I don't read leftist crap, and I don't even care what Hollywood has to say about politics. It's all leftist garbage to me.

You know EXACTLY what I am talking about. Now you are being dishonest. Now you are checking all the boxes.

I tell you award winning books you can read, and you say you are a hard working man with not enough time to read a book...

Then I say, you have enough time to sit and spy on your neighbors all day to get on here and complain about them... and you say it is easy to because they are right outside your window.

Then I bring up how you make time to go to your local government to complain about school taxes... and you say of course you do, because that's money, it's important!

You are either much lazier than you put on, or you are happy to stay ignorant and just listen to Conservative talk radio and not check facts. How much more do you want me to repeat back to you? How you are also a landlord? How you have a disabled tenant?

My, I'm living in your head rent-free, ain't I?

No, I don't have the ability to remember every discussion, every personal thing about members here unless I talk to them very frequently. Sounds like you need something better to do with your time.

I read what I wish to read--not what other people tell me to read. And any book you approve of is not something I want to waste time with.

Yes, politics is my entire day most times. I come here in the morning, leave for work and listen to evil right-wing radio all day, and come back home and come here. WTF is wrong with that? You can learn a lot more on the internet and fact-check more things on Google than you can in some leftist book.

No, I just have a good memory. It works well when calling out people like you that decide to be dishonest about things they have said in the past. It reminds me of a lesson I learned form my grandmother at a young age... it's a lot easier to tell the truth, because when you lie you have to try and remember what you lied about and who you lied to every time.

BTW... you said you don't have time to read ANY books.

Another thing you are apparently lying about.

I have more important things to remember than other people's personal life. And if I said I don't have time to read any books, I meant your books.

I have more important things to remember than other people's personal life. And if I said I don't have time to read any books, I meant your books.

Yeah sure... you keep changing your story kid. ;)

You sure seem to have enough time on your hands to know so much about your neighbor's personal lives... and your tenant's.

You want to tell another lie?

p065v2d8.jpg

No red on their flag, I see. The red on my flag represents the blood that we shed to make this country as great as it is.

The lack of red on their flag only shows that they are cowards. They would rather run away to some other country, as opposed to fighting for theirs.

Cowards? You mean like the gun nuts that are afraid to face life without a gun?

No red on their flag, I see. The red on my flag represents the blood that we shed to make this country as great as it is.

The lack of red on their flag only shows that they are cowards. They would rather run away to some other country, as opposed to fighting for theirs.

Cowards? You mean like the gun nuts that are afraid to face life without a gun?

How dare Americans use their 2nd amendment right.

Being a coward has nothing to do with the 2nd.

Yeah sure... you keep changing your story kid. ;)

You sure seem to have enough time on your hands to know so much about your neighbor's personal lives... and your tenant's.

You want to tell another lie?

Yes, well you see, when you rent an apartment to somebody, you need to verify their income.

No, I don't know my neighbors personal lives, but I do know what they do that disturbs me. Noise, filth, litter, things like that. I also know social engineering like HUD simply doesn't work because lowlifes are not appreciative living among the working. That's why they wake us up all hours of the night; because they must not have a job and apparently don't care that we do.

If you find my activities disturbing, then get ready to be shocked off your rocker. There are organizations called Neighborhood Block Watches. :aargh: You see, over here, neighbors band together to solve problems by looking out their windows, if seeing something suspicious, calling police. If seeing something that's violating our laws or ordinances, bring it to the attention of the city or council people. Terrible, isn't it? I guess these are also people with too much time on their hands.

The Pentagon released their evaluation of the caravan situation and disagrees with almost every claim Trump has made. Sending 5 soldiers for each walking refugee is just dumb.
View attachment 226561

link to this idiocy.

The link is in the top line of the picture, but if that's too complicated for you
Trump's caravan rhetoric countered by Pentagon assessment

Can't see it. It wants me to turn off ad blocker.

What are they whining about?

Not my problem, but it's easy enough to find. Google is your friend.
View attachment 226569

I don't know what their complaint is, and I don't fucking care.

If Trump has too much force on the border and it is easy for them to stop this invasion, that is a win for America.

The Pentagon should not be issuing critiques of their boss's job performance. I don't recall ever reading of such an event in the past.

Someone should be transferred to the azores where they can have less opportunity to talk to the vile press.

Forum List

Back