Senator Mike Lee Claims Democratic Voting Rights Bill Was Written In Hell By Satan

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Sen. Mike Lee, a Utah Republican, on Wednesday compared House Democrats to the "devil" for authoring and passing major democracy reform and voting rights legislation known as HR 1. HR 1, which is also known as the For the People Act would reform campaign finance, set stricter rules for lobbyists, and widen access to voting, including by expanding voter registration, mail and early voting, and election security measures. The senator said he disagrees with "every single word in H.R. 1 -- 'This takes all sorts of decisions that the federal government, really, has no business making — takes them away from the states, makes them right here in Washington, DC by Congress," he went on.

So Mike Lee is worried that states won't have control over their elections because of this bill?? Are these the same folks who tried to overturn election results of states (even with Republican controlled legislatures) -- because their cult leader lost the election?? Now he is worried about state control??

And for a guy who comes from a state that has
nearly 90% of their votes cast by mail-in ballots -- (and has been for years) -- I find it funny that he doesn't call the Republicans in his own state the Devil for passing those election laws...Just imagine if Mike Lee was in the Senate during the passage of the 1964 Voting Rights Act -- he would have been calling for an exorcism on the Senate floor because of how Satanic he would have felt it was.....I mean that bill ended poll taxes; gave black voters legal recourse to address state restrictions that violated their 15th amendment rights; it even called for "pre-clearance" from the Justice Dept anytime a state tried to pass election law changes aimed at voter suppression....I am sure he would have found those things horrible......back then......

I've said it before and I'll say it again........Conservatives have ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS been against high voter participation.......Why?? Because as the so-called father of the right wing movement said.....
quote-they-want-everybody-to-vote-i-don-t-want-everybody-to-vote-as-a-matter-of-fact-our-lever...jpg

Did anyone ask him why he has a problem with more restrictions on lobbyists? Doesn't everyone claim to want that?

The undisputed FACT that the D's couldn't reach across the aisle and get a single RINO to vote "aye" tells me what I need to know. Rabid Bidenistas like Toomey, Cassidy, Burr and the Notorious M.I.T.T. all lined up against their Lord and Master Sleepy Joe here. Sen. Romney used to be be a leading official, an Archbishop in the LDS denomination. I think someone with his theological cred would recognize something authored by the Prince of Freaking Darkness, no?

From the link:

"Everything about this bill is rotten to the core," Lee told Fox News of the legislative package. "This is a bill as if written in hell by the devil himself."

Notably, many of H.R. 1's provisions are already in place in Utah, which Lee represents and has won two statewide elections in over the past decade. Utah has online and same-day voter registration, offered two weeks of early voting in most counties in 2020, and has a non-strict non-photo ID law that allows voters to sign an affidavit if they don't have the required ID.

And beginning in 2018, Utah has sent all registered voters a mail-in ballot, which goes beyond H.R. 1's requirement for states to simply allow voters to request a ballot without an excuse.

Priceless....

The undisputed FACT that the D's couldn't reach across the aisle and get a single RINO to vote "aye" tells me what I need to know. Rabid Bidenistas like Toomey, Cassidy, Burr and the Notorious M.I.T.T. all lined up against their Lord and Master Sleepy Joe here. Sen. Romney used to be be a leading official, an Archbishop in the LDS denomination. I think someone with his theological cred would recognize something authored by the Prince of Freaking Darkness, no?

The Republicans were against helping people. They wanted another big business bail out leaving the people behind.

McConnell moans about the Democrats only getting it passed because of partisan rallying of the troops but of course this isn't how he blocked Obama's nomination of Garland was it?

The Republicans were against helping people. They wanted another big business bail out leaving the people behind.

McConnell moans about the Democrats only getting it passed because of partisan rallying of the troops but of course this isn't how he blocked Obama's nomination of Garland was it?

If this was just "Republicans who are against people", why did the Liberal Branch of the GOP led by Ben Sasse vote against this bill too? I thought you loved these RINO's as the bipartisan fools they are?

If this was just "Republicans who are against people", why did the Liberal Branch of the GOP led by Ben Sasse vote against this bill too? I thought you loved these RINO's as the bipartisan fools they are?

I explained that.

Did anyone ask him why he has a problem with more restrictions on lobbyists? Doesn't everyone claim to want that?
I can almost guarantee you that they didn't even mention the specifics of the bill...

Just a bunch of fearmongering and misinformation as usual

Bawhahhaahhahahahahahaha @ Liberal branch of the GOP.....

A liberal to the GOP means anyone who doesn't bow down to Trump 24/7.....

Ben Sasse has voted 90% of the time with anything Trump wanted to do....so spare me the bullshit

Oh...and by the way......Mike Lee voted 80% of the time with Trump.....

The purpose of HR 1 is to ensure Swamp Supremacy and to insure that the people will never again be able to question the Deep State like they did under the Reign of Trump the Magnificent. Its positive is that it will save the voters from having to bother getting off their barstools to vote, as the Lobbyists and other insiders will be taking care of the business of government.

The purpose of HR 1 is to ensure Swamp Supremacy and to insure that the people will never again be able to question the Deep State like they did under the Reign of Trump the Magnificent. Its positive is that it will save the voters from having to bother getting off their barstools to vote, as the Lobbyists and other insiders will be taking care of the business of government.
Like I said.......conservatives keep exposing themselves.....

You would have been in DIRECT OPPOSITION to 64 Voting Rights Act because you are parroting the same bullshit that was said then....

You would have been in DIRECT OPPOSITION to 64 Voting Rights Act because you are parroting the same bullshit that was said then....

Actually, the opposition to the Voting Rights BIll was LIBERAL- led by Al Gore Senior, the beloved father of the leftist icon.

You hate being black, don't you?

Democrats took all the methods they used to steal the last election, destroyed all border security, multiplied everything by 3 and wrote it up as a sure fire law to create one party, totalitarian rule. Actually, this plan will result in Democrats co-ruling with the Mexican cartels. And the more China sees us destroying our own country, the happier they are.

Forum List

Back