Senate poised to pass resolution to nullify Biden vaccine mandate

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017

looks like the courts told biden no and now the senate is blocking his efforts. i think the moderate democrats are seeing a light at the end of the extreme tunnel that the dems have been going down and see the writing on the wall.

so the democrats had all 3 phases of our gov and have not been able to get much of anything done. all their efforts at unconstitutional activity have been blocked in the courts and the trump has had his policies reinstated on the border.

i don't care about or right, i care people back away from the edge we've dragged ourselves to and find some road out there that leads back to working together. but after all that has happened, it's a long road regardless.

but lets hit it. this fighting all the time needs to end but the first step is stop trying to control everything.

No it doesn't. It does nothing but notes the Senate doesn't approve of the resolution. It has no legal standing.
we live in a time where the executive branch is making laws.

legal standing went out long ago.

if you'd care to clarify what this is actually doing, please do. i'd love your input. but my overall understanding is that it nullifies a policy biden had no business or authority making.

we live in a time where the executive branch is making laws.

legal standing went out long ago.

if you'd care to clarify what this is actually doing, please do. i'd love your input. but my overall understanding is that it nullifies a policy biden had no business or authority making.

The article notes what it does. It gives the GOP a symbolic victory.

Not while they are being held up in the courts. I shouldn't have to note that I do not support the mandates but the discussion should be factual.
I don't see the courts giving the Executive such broad and tyrannical authority. The mandates are not Constitutional.

I don't see the courts giving the Executive such broad and tyrannical authority. The mandates are not Constitutional.
this is what bothers me the most. the layout is simple, really.
legislative - creates laws
executive - enforces laws
judicial - interprets laws

executive orders were to replace drapes or dishes. simple things. over the years we're now making full laws and mandates.

i think a huge reason the ex branch is doing this is because our legislative branch pretty much refuses to work together and compromise is a joke they laugh at the mention of.

this is what bothers me the most. the layout is simple, really.
legislative - creates laws
executive - enforces laws
judicial - interprets laws

executive orders were to replace drapes or dishes. simple things. over the years we're now making full laws and mandates.

i think a huge reason the ex branch is doing this is because our legislative branch pretty much refuses to work together and compromise is a joke they laugh at the mention of.

Unfortunately the legislative branch has in many cases ceded their duties to the executive branch because they are cowards. Such as enacting wars. I was never aware of that happening that would allow the administration to enact mandatory vaccines but that was the original questions. So far the courts have ruled they did not.

looks like the courts told biden no and now the senate is blocking his efforts. i think the moderate democrats are seeing a light at the end of the extreme tunnel that the dems have been going down and see the writing on the wall.

so the democrats had all 3 phases of our gov and have not been able to get much of anything done. all their efforts at unconstitutional activity have been blocked in the courts and the trump has had his policies reinstated on the border.

i don't care about or right, i care people back away from the edge we've dragged ourselves to and find some road out there that leads back to working together. but after all that has happened, it's a long road regardless.

but lets hit it. this fighting all the time needs to end but the first step is stop trying to control everything.

Seems an empty gesture unless they can get the House to go along with it. And as you pointed out, the courts have stopped it for everyone that does not work for the Fed Govt directly.

Seems an empty gesture unless they can get the House to go along with it. And as you pointed out, the courts have stopped it for everyone that does not work for the Fed Govt directly.
yea, the actual act is as both you and pknopp say - mostly ceremonial. in looking at what i was really trying to get across i that a few of the democrats seem to be backing away from the radical front they've been at for awhile now.

Last edited:
yea, the actual act is as both you and pknopp say - mostly ceremonial. in looking at what i was really trying to get across i that a few of the democrats seem to be backing away from the radical front they've been at for awhile now.

I am not really sure that Manchin and Tester have ever been on that radical front you speak of. It would be nice to see some of the hard core ones sign on to this, but that is not how the game is played.

Did it occur to you they are doing this to give Biden an out on the stupid mandates

I am not really sure that Manchin and Tester have ever been on that radical front you speak of. It would be nice to see some of the hard core ones sign on to this, but that is not how the game is played.

Did it occur to you they are doing this to give Biden an out on the stupid mandates
not saying THEY are radical, but i do think they've found enough support to show their stances won't get them mowed down. i think a lot of the dems are "in the middle" but get lost in the extreme nature of todays world.

hopefully more on both sides break ranks and focus on country and opportunity for all, not the extremes on either side.

Any party declaring non legal mandates should be arrested for their unlawful decree similar to shouting “fire” in a movie theater.

Forum List

Back