Senate Intelligence Committee Issues Requests To 'Preserve All Materials' Relating To Russia Hacking

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Senate Intelligence Committee has sent formal requests to more than a dozen organizations, agencies and individuals, asking them to preserve all materials related to the committee's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and related issues, according to a congressional aide.

The committee chairman, Sen. Richard Burr, R-N.C., and its vice chairman, Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., sent letters Friday, the same day committee members received a classified briefing from FBI Director James Comey. Committee members declined to comment on what was discussed after the more than hourlong briefing.

Congressional staffers have said that they are not aware of any evidence that materials are not being preserved, but Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer of New York said Thursday on the Senate floor: "There is real concern that some in the administration may try to cover up its ties to Russia by deleting emails, texts and other records that could shine a light on those connections. These records are likely to be the subject of executive branch as well as congressional investigations and must be preserved."

More: Aide: Senators Want Materials Saved For Probe Into Russian Election Interference

Formal requests to "preserve all materials" is an interesting development. This is how most major government investigations begin.

Oh sure sure.. Hillary's server has been wiped, Podesta's phone has been hammered. The hacked DNC servers had a hired private agency pawing all them for months ---- AND NOW --- Schumer wants to protect the evidence???

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

So you're throwing your standard out now?

What standards am I throwing out? ALL of the pertinent evidence has been destroyed or ruined. I'm stating fact.

And NO -- not a one -- Govt counter-cyber team ever laid HANDS on that "evidence".

The standard that allows for investigations in the previous admin but not in the current.

I said NOTHING about the merits of a Congressional investigation. . BOTH sides couldn't investigate a lunch box heist. What I said was --- NOBODY in the previous admin seemed to CARE about preserving any of the crime scene PHYSICAL evidence. So in legal terms --- case dismissed.

Things are heating up.

Ahh come on Lakhota, they haven't laid in the 4 pages of personal insults first...

Then they have a page of congratulating themselves for the four pages insults...

So by 6 pages down they asking why are you still harping on about the OP point...

Yep, the NaziCon meltdown is hilarious! Come on John McCain!

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Senate Intelligence Committee has sent formal requests to more than a dozen organizations, agencies and individuals, asking them to preserve all materials related to the committee's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and related issues, according to a congressional aide.

The committee chairman, Sen. Richard Burr, R-N.C., and its vice chairman, Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., sent letters Friday, the same day committee members received a classified briefing from FBI Director James Comey. Committee members declined to comment on what was discussed after the more than hourlong briefing.

Congressional staffers have said that they are not aware of any evidence that materials are not being preserved, but Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer of New York said Thursday on the Senate floor: "There is real concern that some in the administration may try to cover up its ties to Russia by deleting emails, texts and other records that could shine a light on those connections. These records are likely to be the subject of executive branch as well as congressional investigations and must be preserved."

More: Aide: Senators Want Materials Saved For Probe Into Russian Election Interference

Formal requests to "preserve all materials" is an interesting development. This is how most major government investigations begin.

Oh sure sure.. Hillary's server has been wiped, Podesta's phone has been hammered. The hacked DNC servers had a hired private agency pawing all them for months ---- AND NOW --- Schumer wants to protect the evidence???

What standards am I throwing out? ALL of the pertinent evidence has been destroyed or ruined. I'm stating fact.

And NO -- not a one -- Govt counter-cyber team ever laid HANDS on that "evidence".

The standard that allows for investigations in the previous admin but not in the current.

I just explained to you that I didn't do that. TWICE... The third time comes with flames. Do you want the response prepared Au Flambe -- so you have a slight prayer of understanding it???

I just explained to you that I didn't do that. TWICE... The third time comes with flames. Do you want the response prepared Au Flambe -- so you have a slight prayer of understanding it???

You responded to the same post twice, dope.

Hey Dope. Here comes the FLAMES !!!! :banana: You haven't gotten a single thing correct in about 3 posts now concerning me. You know where you go when you hit Strike 3 --- RIGHT? Back to the bench.

I didn't respond to the same post twice.. You repeated the same juvenile lie twice.. My 2nd response to your misrepresentation of what I said is in the quotes above. But the FIRST TIME I answered your mistake was actually HERE Senate Intelligence Committee Issues Requests To 'Preserve All Materials' Relating To Russia Hacking

Maybe you should take notes. That's what people with attention and mental deficits are advised to do..

:bang3:

Hey Dope. Here comes the FLAMES !!!! :banana: You haven't gotten a single thing correct in about 3 posts now concerning me. You know where you go when you hit Strike 3 --- RIGHT? Back to the bench.

I didn't respond to the same post twice.. You repeated the same juvenile lie twice.. My 2nd response to your misrepresentation of what I said is in the quotes above. But the FIRST TIME I answered your mistake was actually HERE Senate Intelligence Committee Issues Requests To 'Preserve All Materials' Relating To Russia Hacking

Maybe you should take notes. That's what people with attention and mental deficits are advised to do..

:bang3:

It's the same post, dope. Look again.

Things are heating up.

Ahh come on Lakhota, they haven't laid in the 4 pages of personal insults first...

Then they have a page of congratulating themselves for the four pages insults...

So by 6 pages down they asking why are you still harping on about the OP point...

Yep, the NaziCon meltdown is hilarious! Come on John McCain!

Yes, the people who won the senate, house, and WH are melting down.

ROTFLMAO

Forum List

Back