Senate blocks Trump from making recess appointments over break

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The Senate blocked President Trump from being able to make recess appointments on Thursday as lawmakers leave Washington for their summer break.

Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), doing wrap up for the entire Senate, locked in nine "pro-forma" sessions — brief meetings that normally last roughly a minute.

The move, which requires the agreement of every senator, means the Senate will be in session every three business days throughout the August recess.

The Senate left D.C. on Thursday evening with most lawmakers not expected to return to Washington until after Labor Day.

More: Senate blocks Trump from making recess appointments over break

I thank the Senate for that. Mueller should be safe from the wrath of Trump.

The Senate blocked President Trump from being able to make recess appointments on Thursday as lawmakers leave Washington for their summer break.

Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), doing wrap up for the entire Senate, locked in nine "pro-forma" sessions — brief meetings that normally last roughly a minute.

The move, which requires the agreement of every senator, means the Senate will be in session every three business days throughout the August recess.

The Senate left D.C. on Thursday evening with most lawmakers not expected to return to Washington until after Labor Day.

Wow :clap:

I have to say that this GOP led congress has impressed me somewhat. I had assumed they would bow to the alt-right, but instead they're doing what they think is right for the nation. I'm intrigued.

I have to say that this GOP led congress has impressed me somewhat. I had assumed they would bow to the alt-right, but instead they're doing what they think is right for the nation. I'm intrigued.

While I wouldn't give them that much praise - I applaud them for this.

I didn't say I was impressed; just intrigued. I wonder if it hurts them to be forced to follow common sense.

Are you going to celebrate when Trump appoints the next two judges to the Supreme Court? Just askin.

Before or after he is indicted and/or impeached? NaziCons cheated Merrick Garland and Hillary Clinton out of their rightful places in history. Trump is an illegitimate president. Gorsuch and any other Supreme Court appointments under Trump will forever have their names followed by an asterisk (*).

I didn't say I was impressed; just intrigued. I wonder if it hurts them to be forced to follow common sense.

Probably. I also give them credit for not trusting Trump on the sanctions bill - which they forced him to sign.

No you said you were impressed, "I have to say that this GOP led congress has impressed me somewhat."

Obama made 32.... you hacks were silent.

Probably. I also give them credit for not trusting Trump on the sanctions bill - which they forced him to sign.

Trump could have just as easily not signed it and it becomes law anyway.

No you said you were impressed, "I have to say that this GOP led congress has impressed me somewhat."
HA! You're right! I did say that before saying I was intrigued. I guess all it takes for the GOP to impress me is for them to decide not to sell the country down the river. Damn.... I have a really low bar for those fools... :dunno:

Are you going to celebrate when Trump appoints the next two judges to the Supreme Court? Just askin.

Before or after he is indicted and/or impeached? NaziCons cheated Merrick Garland and Hillary Clinton out of their rightful places in history. Trump is an illegitimate president. Gorsuch and any other Supreme Court appointments under Trump will forever have their names followed by an asterisk (*).

Yes.

Please hurry up with your impeachment dream.

I prefer Pence appoint the next two SCOTUS justices anyway!

You mean unlike what the democrats demanded of their choice for president? Well said indeed.

Trump could have just as easily not signed it and it becomes law anyway.

Duh, and your point is...?

HA! You're right! I did say that before saying I was intrigued. I guess all it takes for the GOP to impress me is for them to decide not to sell the country down the river. Damn.... I have a really low bar for those fools... :dunno:

Yes yes the GOP is your BFF now, lib please :laugh:

Yes.

Please hurry up with your impeachment dream.

I prefer Pence appoint the next two SCOTUS justices anyway!

Funny. What makes you think Ayatollah Pence has clean hands? Speaker Paul Ryan is more likely to become president after Mueller is finished.

Yeah... Obama wasn't a crazy old billionaire trying to punish the peasantry. I wasn't just silent, I was happy about it.

Yeah... Obama wasn't a crazy old billionaire trying to punish the peasantry. I wasn't just silent, I was happy about it.

So then, you're OK with recess appointments.

So then, you're OK with recess appointments.
Doesn't matter. Congress blocked the orange traitor. :clap:

Forum List

Back