Sen. Paul: Republicans Will 'Destroy the Party' by Convicting Trump

Of course. It would make America a one Party system for many years to come.

Sen. Rand Paul Wednesday said he's not excited by the transfer of power to incoming President Joe Biden, but he is glad for a peaceful transformation, as that is "incredibly important."

However, the Kentucky Republican insisted on Fox News' "America's Newsroom" that if Senate Republicans and leaders go along with Trump's impeachment and conviction after he's left office, it will be devastating to the party.

"I think it's a huge mistake," he said. "I think it is a hugely partisan exercise on the part of the Democrats. But for Republicans who go along with it, I think they will destroy our party."

Trump, he added, "isn't everything in the party but he brought a lot of people to the party. It is a huge mistake for people to say oh well we're just going to impeach him and then all of the blue-collar workers he brought to our party will stay? No, quite a few of them will be unhappy."

Paul also said that he believes with Biden coming into office, the country reverses the direction it had taken under President Donald Trump, under whom moves were being taken to get the government out of the way of business.

"It is hard for me to believe anybody in the country would want the thing that Biden is proposing," Paul said. "If we raise the corporate income tax here in America, companies will go overseas ... if you mandate what the wages are, mandate a minimum wage of $15. Not like everybody gets $15. The people who still have a job get $15. Many people will become unemployed."

I want a Neo-Feudal Party, and I want it now. The Neo-Feudal Party will divide America into walled governed castle compounds outside of which there is no government authority. Out there in the Wastes American Citizens will be free to defend themselves, establish new villages and hunt and fish to their hearts' content. In return the "liberated" people of the Wastes must pay an annual tribute to Demesne Lords of the walled castle cities, unless of course they don't want to. In that case people of the Wastes can choose to go to war with the Demesne Lords, winner take all. Sign me up!

We should copy a page from the CCP and rather than start a new Party, take over the GOP the same way the Communists took over the DNC. Granted the Soviets started the DNC conversion back in 1984 so Xi had a system mostly in place when he ran Biden for the Presidency

Hell, the US Communist Party no longer runs their own candidate

My God your ignorance is astonishing.. Democrats today are like Eisenhower Republicans used to be.

Where on the Spectrum are you anyway?
I would say that he is at the bottom of the toilet.

We should copy a page from the CCP and rather than start a new Party, take over the GOP the same way the Communists took over the DNC. Granted the Soviets started the DNC conversion back in 1984 so Xi had a system mostly in place when he ran Biden for the Presidency

My God your ignorance is astonishing.. Democrats today are like Eisenhower Republicans used to be.

Pretty moderate.. I was a Republican until right before Dubya invaded Iraq.
You are a fucking liar also.

Nope.. My husband and I founded the young Republicans in our county in 1964.. I couldn't go along with Bush's invasion because I know Iraq and the oil business. I knew it was going to be an unmitigated disaster so I resigned the party. All they accomplished was making Iran ascendant while wasting lives and money.

Sen. Rand Paul Wednesday said he's not excited by the transfer of power to incoming President Joe Biden, but he is glad for a peaceful transformation, as that is "incredibly important."

However, the Kentucky Republican insisted on Fox News' "America's Newsroom" that if Senate Republicans and leaders go along with Trump's impeachment and conviction after he's left office, it will be devastating to the party.

"I think it's a huge mistake," he said. "I think it is a hugely partisan exercise on the part of the Democrats. But for Republicans who go along with it, I think they will destroy our party."

Trump, he added, "isn't everything in the party but he brought a lot of people to the party. It is a huge mistake for people to say oh well we're just going to impeach him and then all of the blue-collar workers he brought to our party will stay? No, quite a few of them will be unhappy."

Paul also said that he believes with Biden coming into office, the country reverses the direction it had taken under President Donald Trump, under whom moves were being taken to get the government out of the way of business.

"It is hard for me to believe anybody in the country would want the thing that Biden is proposing," Paul said. "If we raise the corporate income tax here in America, companies will go overseas ... if you mandate what the wages are, mandate a minimum wage of $15. Not like everybody gets $15. The people who still have a job get $15. Many people will become unemployed."

I want a Neo-Feudal Party, and I want it now. The Neo-Feudal Party will divide America into walled governed castle compounds outside of which there is no government authority. Out there in the Wastes American Citizens will be free to defend themselves, establish new villages and hunt and fish to their hearts' content. In return the "liberated" people of the Wastes must pay an annual tribute to Demesne Lords of the walled castle cities, unless of course they don't want to. In that case people of the Wastes can choose to go to war with the Demesne Lords, winner take all. Sign me up!

10,000 city-states FTW!
Right? :smoke:

Nope.. My husband and I founded the young Republicans in our county in 1964.. I couldn't go along with Bush's invasion because I know Iraq and the oil business. I knew it was going to be an unmitigated disaster so I resigned the party. All they accomplished was making Iran ascendant while wasting lives and money.
Are you a woman? Bwaaaahhhaaaaa....I would never know by the way you chat on this board?

Are you a woman? Bwaaaahhhaaaaa....I would never know by the way you chat on this board?

Are the women in your world stupid?

Then Obama inherited it, and kept having american lives killed over there. Did you vote for the brown turd Obammy?

I find it humorous that Rand Paul is oblivious to the fact that Trump has already destroyed the Republican party. Him and every Republican who lacked the intestinal fortitude to stand up to his idiocy.
Republicans have zero fortitude to stand up against democrats. That’s why the ended up with Trump.

Are the women in your world stupid?
If they are like you, yes very stupid.....

Then Obama inherited it, and kept having american lives killed over there. Did you vote for the brown turd Obammy?

Unlike Trump, Obama kept our agreements .. You forget that Bush had already signed the SOFA and installed the Shia stooge Maliki. Dubya was likeable, but Damn , he was stupid... He claimed God told him to invade Iraq and he told Chirac he was fighting Gog and Magog.

I think the Trump Republican party is more main stream Democrat than todays Democrat party. Then you have the neocons like Bush, McCain, Ryan, McConnel, Toomey, Romney, Cheyney and others who are totally against the people. I can see where moderate Dems. and Trump Republicans could make this country Great again. But the first thing they would have to be to participate is pro American worker, something that todays radical Democrats and neocons are totally against.

I think the Trump Republican party is more main stream Democrat than todays Democrat party. Then you have the neocons like Bush, McCain, Ryan, McConnel, Toomey, Romney, Cheyney and others who are totally against the people. I can see where moderate Dems. and Trump Republicans could make this country Great again. But the first thing they would have to be to participate is pro American worker, something that todays radical Democrats and neocons are totally against.

Trump is an aberration .. a liar and a cheat with terrible insecurities.. poorly educated and not too bright. The GOP can do MUCH better.

I find it humorous that Rand Paul is oblivious to the fact that Trump has already destroyed the Republican party. Him and every Republican who lacked the intestinal fortitude to stand up to his idiocy.
Republicans have zero fortitude to stand up against democrats. That’s why the ended up with Trump.

It's the return of self-serving nutless neo-con Repubs greased by the Turtle.
We've seen this bad movie before.

I like Dr. Paul , but I disagree with him on this. It would definitely change the Republican Party, but it wouldn't kill it.

Getting rid of the Deplorables and the Chumps would allow the GOP to adopt a semi-permanent 2nd place status in the politics of Americana.

The members of the party would be welcome members of the DC establishment, have a chance to recognize their place in the pecking order, and eventually, in 50-60 generations, they might actually have a chance to share in ruling and actually enacting some of their less vile policies.
Too funny. NOW you want to get rid of the crazies...after you parroted every claim they ever made? You were one of the loudest

Last edited:

Too late. Already destroyed.

I like Dr. Paul , but I disagree with him on this. It would definitely change the Republican Party, but it wouldn't kill it.

Getting rid of the Deplorables and the Chumps would allow the GOP to adopt a semi-permanent 2nd place status in the politics of Americana.

The members of the party would be welcome members of the DC establishment, have a chance to recognize their place in the pecking order, and eventually, in 50-60 generations, they might actually have a chance to share in ruling and actually enacting some of their less vile policies.
Too funny. NOW you want to get id of the crazies...after you parroted every claim they ever made? You were one of the loudest

I don't want to get rid of anyone, actually.

I'm just pointing out that it isn't a death sentence for the party if they do.

For as long as there are mindlessly self-centered assholes there will always be a Republican party

The Republicans are too good to settle for an immoral shit like Trump.. They can do MUCH better.

Forum List

Back