Sen. Collins (R) who helped kill Obamacare repeal likely to vote yes on Trump tax reform resolution

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
Republican Senator Collins likely 'yes' vote to advance tax reform

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Republican Senator Susan Collins, who helped torpedo President Donald Trump’s effort to repeal Obamacare, said on Sunday she was leaning towards a ‘yes’ vote on the Senate budget resolution to advance tax reform.

“I am likely a yes on that budget. I very much want to see tax reform,” Collins said on ABC’s “This Week” news program.

The Senate is expected to vote on the fiscal 2018 measure this week...

Trump's tax plan:

U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.! :)

This isn't tax reform this is the same nonsense that brought us the GD and GR. Rich people are a waste as Bernard Shaw wrote but they pay enough to fool the fools who vote these fools into office.

"The top 1 percent of Americans now take in roughly one-fourth of America’s total income every year. In terms of wealth rather than income,... the top 1 percent now controls 40 percent of the total. This is new. Twenty-five years ago, the corresponding figures were 12 percent and 33 percent." Joseph Stiglitz

The rise of the new global super-rich

"Do not waste your time on Social Questions. What is the matter with the poor is Poverty; what is the matter with the rich is Uselessness." George Bernard Shaw

"Trickle-down" tax give-away schemes have worked so damn well in the past, haven't they???

I mean, with the middle class getting virtually nothing, demand for goods and services will NOT increase....therefore what the hell is the incentive for the wealthy to "invest" in job expansion or "philanthropy" to increase wages???

"Trickle-down" tax give-away schemes have worked so damn well in the past, haven't they???

I mean, with the middle class getting virtually nothing, demand for goods and services will NOT increase....therefore what the hell is the incentive for the wealthy to "invest" in job expansion or to give wage increases?......Philanthropy???I doubt it.

Last edited:
How can she be pro the ACA and tax cuts for the elites at the same time, I can't understand her. That is the reason they want rid of the ACA and expanded Medicaid to give tax cuts to the elites.

This isn't tax reform this is the same nonsense that brought us the GD and GR. Rich people are a waste as Bernard Shaw wrote but they pay enough to fool the fools who vote these fools into office.

"The top 1 percent of Americans now take in roughly one-fourth of America’s total income every year. In terms of wealth rather than income,... the top 1 percent now controls 40 percent of the total. This is new. Twenty-five years ago, the corresponding figures were 12 percent and 33 percent." Joseph Stiglitz

The rise of the new global super-rich

"Do not waste your time on Social Questions. What is the matter with the poor is Poverty; what is the matter with the rich is Uselessness." George Bernard Shaw

How can she be pro the ACA and tax cuts for the elites at the same time, I can't understand her. That is the reason they want rid of the ACA and expanded Medicaid to give tax cuts to the elites.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Republican Senator Susan Collins, who helped torpedo President Donald Trump’s effort to repeal Obamacare, said on Sunday she was leaning towards a ‘yes’ vote on the Senate budget resolution to advance tax reform.

“I am likely a yes on that budget. I very much want to see tax reform,” Collins said on ABC’s “This Week” news program.

Trump's tax plan:

She's trying to re-establish herself in the eyes of Republican voters after stabbing them in the back. So another Senator will step up to the plate to take her place so she doesn't always have to do it. She's still a no vote.

Trump's tax plan:

She's trying to re-establish herself in the eyes of Republican voters after stabbing them in the back. So another Senator will step up to the plate to take her place so she doesn't always have to do it. She's still a no vote.

As long as tax reform gets passed, I don't really care what her motive is. :)

As long as tax reform gets passed,

Who knew that this idiot was part of the wealthy 1%..???

Otherwise, ANY person with even a half brain would have understood that we're getting royally screwed with YET ANOTHER trickle down scheme by the charlatan in orange......LOL

Republicans have three votes to spare in the Senate

Will any other Republucans defect? Given the amount of debt it adds, we may see some balk at it

Forum List

Back