Sen Coburn: a good thing I can't pack a gun on the Senate floor

:eek:

Republican Sen Tom Coburnon Tues told a reporter from the Tulsa World, "It's just a good thing I can't pack a gun on the Senate floor", referring to his disgust with the debt ceiling vote. The remark was delivered at an event in OK. At another point, a man asked Coburn whether Obama wants to destroy America. Coburn responded by saying that Obama is a bright man, but, "as an African-American male," he received "tremendous advantage" from government programs.

So, not only did Coburn make extremely questionable remarks (especially considering the recent attack on Rep Giffords) about bringing guns to the Senate floor; he also managed to make some borderline racist remarks regarding Obama. Nice one, Tom. :clap2:

Much ado about nothing. Don't be such a candy ass.

Republican Sen Tom Coburnon Tues told a reporter from the Tulsa World, "It's just a good thing I can't pack a gun on the Senate floor", referring to his disgust with the debt ceiling vote. The remark was delivered at an event in OK. At another point, a man asked Coburn whether Obama wants to destroy America. Coburn responded by saying that Obama is a bright man, but, "as an African-American male," he received "tremendous advantage" from government programs.

So, not only did Coburn make extremely questionable remarks (especially considering the recent attack on Rep Giffords) about bringing guns to the Senate floor; he also managed to make some borderline racist remarks regarding Obama. Nice one, Tom. :clap2:

candy ass < That's racist twards Oompaloompas.

In my humble opinion, the threat although only implied was uncalled for and I would have to ask JosefK, borderline?

Although, I am opposed to Affirmative Action because I do not believe you can defeat racism with racism, those comments were not borderline racist. They were racist.

Immie

You are correct. His remarks were racist. I was just trying not to give the right too much ammo with which to attack me. But, obviously, they're going to attack either way.

In my humble opinion, I would like to see the whole comment - not the bits that the HuffPuff want to print - before I call anyone a racist.

I have found that - quite often - comments are taken out of context to make
them appear racist or bigoted when they are not.

I'm skeptical about any of this kind of shit - particularly when it comes from a
blatantly biased source.

True, but it is hard to imagine those comments not being racist in any context. However, you are right.

Immie

Good G-D. Nothing in that quote says one race is better than another. Obama did have a tremendous advantage because he is half black. It's a fact. Don't like the racist practice of giving him an advantage? End racist AA programs.

It's a fact? SO, you have a time machine and you're able to read minds? Cool.

In my humble opinion, the threat although only implied was uncalled for and I would have to ask JosefK, borderline?

Although, I am opposed to Affirmative Action because I do not believe you can defeat racism with racism, those comments were not borderline racist. They were racist.

Immie

You are correct. His remarks were racist. I was just trying not to give the right too much ammo with which to attack me. But, obviously, they're going to attack either way.

We attacked b/c your a lying phuck hole that tried to play this up a racism.

That is what we do to liars.

Need a hug?

Tom Coburn Blasts Congress Over Debt Ceiling Deal, Makes Controversial Remarks About Obama

Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) blasted Congress for America's financial troubles and predicted that the debt ceiling agreement would unravel this fall, calling his congressional colleagues "career elitists" and "cowards" at an event in Langley, Oklahoma on Tuesday.

"It's just a good thing I can't pack a gun on the Senate floor," Coburn said, according to the Tulsa World.

The remark comes just weeks after Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) returned to Congress to vote in favor of raising the nation's debt ceiling, seven months after she was shot in the head by a gunman in Tucson, Ariz.

In response to a man who asked whether President Barack Obama "wants to destroy America," Coburn also managed to both defend and insult the president, calling him a "very bright" man who loves his country but also someone who "as an African-American male," received "tremendous advantage" from government programs.

Obama's "intent is not to destroy, his intent is to create dependency because it worked so well for him," Coburn said.

got news for you asswipe. you overplayed the race card. most people now think blacks are the biggest group of racists in the world.

Right, a senator suggesting that he'd like to shoot fellow senators and insinuating that the POTUS only got to where he is because he's a black man is much ado about nothing. Fuck off, ass-wipe.

Tom Coburn Blasts Congress Over Debt Ceiling Deal, Makes Controversial Remarks About Obama

Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) blasted Congress for America's financial troubles and predicted that the debt ceiling agreement would unravel this fall, calling his congressional colleagues "career elitists" and "cowards" at an event in Langley, Oklahoma on Tuesday.

"It's just a good thing I can't pack a gun on the Senate floor," Coburn said, according to the Tulsa World.

The remark comes just weeks after Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) returned to Congress to vote in favor of raising the nation's debt ceiling, seven months after she was shot in the head by a gunman in Tucson, Ariz.

In response to a man who asked whether President Barack Obama "wants to destroy America," Coburn also managed to both defend and insult the president, calling him a "very bright" man who loves his country but also someone who "as an African-American male," received "tremendous advantage" from government programs.

Obama's "intent is not to destroy, his intent is to create dependency because it worked so well for him," Coburn said.

got news for you asswipe. you overplayed the race card. most people now think blacks are the biggest group of racists in the world.

:lol::lol::lol: What are you blathering about now? DO you ever say anything that has any truth to it? Of course not. You're a useless troll.

I know that you're an intolerant fuck-stain.

You are an ignorant sack of shit. You latch onto common phraseology in order to attack the enemies of your shameful party. NOTE that your piece of shit Messiah® used identical phraseology on dozens of occasions.

That's okay, it's normal. What ISN'T normal is you - you are a fucking demagogue seeking to inflame in an effort to silence dissent.

YOU should not be tolerated, by anyone.

Immie

Need a hug?

I'm a liar now? Prove it. You attack because that's all your ignorant ass knows how to do. Sit down and shut the fuck up, pussy.

You are an ignorant sack of shit. You latch onto common phraseology in order to attack the enemies of your shameful party. NOTE that your piece of shit Messiah® used identical phraseology on dozens of occasions.

That's okay, it's normal. What ISN'T normal is you - you are a fucking demagogue seeking to inflame in an effort to silence dissent.

I should not be tolerated by anyone? What is that supposed to mean? Are you going to shoot me? Cons are so tolerant...clearly. Go back to sleep. You're a moron.

Need a hug?

I'm a liar now? Prove it. You attack because that's all your ignorant ass knows how to do. Sit down and shut the fuck up, pussy.

Prove it? sure

Your accusations are based stricly on assumption and have no basis in fact what so every.

racist

^ prove that wrong

I should not be tolerated by anyone? What is that supposed to mean? Are you going to shoot me? Cons are so tolerant...clearly. Go back to sleep. You're a moron.

You speak of tolerance while showing none yourself. :lol:

Are you a special needs child?

Need a hug?

Prove it? sure

Your accusations are based stricly on assumption and have no basis in fact what so every.

racist

^ prove that wrong

Sorry, that's not proof. You'll have to do better than that. Try again.

Need a hug?

He is sitting....at his putor. Pounding on those keys.

Forum List

Back