Sen Coburn: a good thing I can't pack a gun on the Senate floor

In my humble opinion, the threat although only implied was uncalled for and I would have to ask JosefK, borderline?

Although, I am opposed to Affirmative Action because I do not believe you can defeat racism with racism, those comments were not borderline racist. They were racist.

Immie

In my humble opinion, I would like to see the whole comment - not the bits that the HuffPuff want to print - before I call anyone a racist.

I have found that - quite often - comments are taken out of context to make
them appear racist or bigoted when they are not.

I'm skeptical about any of this kind of shit - particularly when it comes from a
blatantly biased source.

True, but it is hard to imagine those comments not being racist in any context. However, you are right.

Immie

Good G-D. Nothing in that quote says one race is better than another. Obama did have a tremendous advantage because he is half black. It's a fact. Don't like the racist practice of giving him an advantage? End racist AA programs.

In my humble opinion, I would like to see the whole comment - not the bits that the HuffPuff want to print - before I call anyone a racist.

I have found that - quite often - comments are taken out of context to make
them appear racist or bigoted when they are not.

I'm skeptical about any of this kind of shit - particularly when it comes from a
blatantly biased source.

True, but it is hard to imagine those comments not being racist in any context. However, you are right.

Immie

Good G-D. Nothing in that quote says one race is better than another. Obama did have a tremendous advantage because he is half black. It's a fact. Don't like the racist practice of giving him an advantage? End racist AA programs.

Don't you know that whenever a white conservative says african-American he's being racist?

We all might as well just say ******, b/c that's what every lefty hears anyway.

In my humble opinion, the threat although only implied was uncalled for and I would have to ask JosefK, borderline?

Although, I am opposed to Affirmative Action because I do not believe you can defeat racism with racism, those comments were not borderline racist. They were racist.

Immie

I have found that - quite often - comments are taken out of context to make them appear racist or bigoted when they are not.

I'm skeptical about any of this kind of shit - particularly when it comes from a blatantly biased source.

Immie

I was told the exact same thing about Glen Beck and his comment about 'hating the victims of 9-11'. So I went back, trawled through clip after clip until I found the whole comment - completely in context. It was complete bullshit.

Things are often not what the media present them as. For that, I blame the media - not the left or the right. But agenda driven, irresponsible, media coverage.

And? Did Obama say that he wants to bring a gun to debates? And what about Coburn's remarks about Obama? You just ignore those, right?

Did Colburn lie? Did Barry receive government substidies while he was in school? If the anwser to the latter is yes, than the anwser to the former is no.

Sure Obama didn't need affirmative action to get into Harvard Law Review.:cuckoo:

Can I say "white on rice"?

:eek:
NO!

And you can't say "Stinks like shit" either, since shit is typically brown.

And "Like two peas in a pod" has now been changed, it's "Like two Green peas in a pod, but we are not being judgmental about thier life choices."

Dammit...

I didn't get the latest issue of Conservative Racist Quarterly, so I knew there were a few updates...

I'm pissed about being kept in the dark on this...

(no, don't tell me...)...:mad:

NO!

And "Like two peas in a pod" has now been changed, it's "Like two Green peas in a pod, but we are not being judgmental about thier life choices."

Dammit...

I didn't get the latest issue of Conservative Racist Quarterly, so I knew there were a few updates...

" kept in the dark " < racist

They were going to go with "kept in a closed closet" but the gays didn't like that, not sensitive enough. Then they were going to limit the reference to "Being kept out of the loop." But hoola hoops offend the feminist. so for now, we are going with "Wearing sun glasses at night." We will confirm once we hear back on the copy rights.

NO!

Dammit...

" kept in the dark " < racist

They were going to go with "kept in a closed closet" but the gays didn't like that, not sensitive enough. Then they were going to limit the reference to "Being kept out of the loop." But hoola hoops offend the feminist. so for now, we are going with "Wearing sun glasses at night." We will confirm once we hear back on the copy rights.

Good point...

That way you only offend Corey Hart...

NO!

Dammit...

The men in bbbbb - errrr - gray will be along shortly to 'splain the NWO to you.

Forum List

Back