Sen. Booker Attacked by Bigots, For Opposing the Appointment of a Bigot as Secretary of State

Approving the gay is not a litmus test to hold public office.

Like it or not, people still have the freedom to NOT BE gay and reject homosexuality.
I did not say that it was. He can believe whatever the fuck he wants. However, it comes down to how he will do the job. He will clearly allow his views to influence policy and that is unacceptable. As a public servant, he must be objective and consistent.

Like it or not, people still have the freedom to NOT BE gay and reject homosexuality.
^^^ Bullshit

You don't think that people have the right to not be gay? Really.
You have the right to not be heterosexual.
But not to demand that anyone else not be heterosexual.
And who the fuck is doing that?

I did not say that it was. He can believe whatever the fuck he wants. However, it comes down to how he will do the job. He will clearly allow his views to influence policy and that is unacceptable. As a public servant, he must be objective and consistent.

Of course, if he held strongly pro-faggot views, then you would demand that his views be allowed to influence policy. It's only unacceptable to you that he allow his decent moral values to influence policy, because you hold such values in deep contempt, and hold a deep hatred toward anyone who holds to such values.

By “objective and consistent”, it is clear that what you really mean is that you want public policies to openly favor evil over good, madness over reason, perversion over decency.

^^^ Bullshit

You don't think that people have the right to not be gay? Really.
You have the right to not be heterosexual.
But not to demand that anyone else not be heterosexual.
Name someone who has demanded that.

ays are a minuscule part of the overall population...but demand far too much attention.
Bigots are a minuscule part of the overall population...but demand far too much attention

By bigots, I assume you mean people that are against the current status quo of racial discrimination in favor of minorities at the expense of whites?

Cause, reasons, that you understand...

ays are a minuscule part of the overall population...but demand far too much attention.
Bigots are a minuscule part of the overall population...but demand far too much attention

By bigots, I assume you mean people that are against the current status quo of racial discrimination in favor of minorities at the expense of whites?

Cause, reasons, that you understand...
Ah yes, I anticipated this. You people will try anything to avoid the actual issue. Here, I assume that you are alluding to affirmative action which you consider reverse discrimination. Well, regardless of whether or not we endorse affirmative action- not all of us do- and regardless of whether or not it is reverse discrimination, you are employing a logical fallacy instead of actually dealing with the argument that I presented. Learn this word:

tu quoque (To kwok we )(Latin for "you, too" or "you, also") or the appeal to hypocrisy, is a logical fallacy that attempts to discredit the opponent's position by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with that position; it attempts to show that a criticism or objection applies equally to the person making it. This dismisses someone's point of view based on criticism of the person's inconsistency and not the position presented whereas a person's inconsistency should not discredit the position. Thus, it is a form of the ad hominem argument. To clarify, although the person being attacked might indeed be acting inconsistently or hypocritically, this does not invalidate their argument."

Good night, Sleep tight

He's been head of the CIA all this time and there has been no bigotry.

First, let’s establish the fact that Mike Pompeo is an anti-gay bigot:

https://www.glaad.org/tap/mike-pompeo

-- Opposed repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell, suggesting that "when you enter the army you give up a few of your rights." Also said of DADT repeal, "we cannot use military to promote social ideas that do not reflect the values of our nation."

-- Decried the US Supreme Court's 2015 ruling granting marriage equality to all fifty states as "a shocking abuse of power" that "flies in the face of centuries of shared understanding of our Constitution."

-- Has vowed to continue his fight abortion, marriage equality, and related matters "each and every day": "As a Kansan, I hold a deep reverence for the sanctity of life, the solidarity of family, and the solemnity of marriage. I will continue the fight to uphold these fundamental ideals each and every day. I am, and always will be, pro-life and will defend life from conception to natural death. I will continue to oppose any taxpayer funding for abortion. I also fully support the traditional institution of marriage. Strong families are the most important building block of our Republic, and we must preserve them for the sake of our community and our culture."

-- Co-sponsored two bills, the State Marriage Defense Act and the Marriage and Religious Freedom Act, both designed to undermine the effects of court rulings on marriage equality.

-- Denounced the Supreme Court rulings that struck down the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and California's Proposition 8 as "both sad and counter to the most profound tradition of o
ur great nation."

There is much more but you get the idea. In todays news there is this:

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/04/23/democratic-senator-cory-booker-smear-campaign/

I find it hard to believe that the National Organization for (heterosexual only) Marriage is still in existence after their humiliating defeat on the issue…..but sadly, they are.

Earlier this month, Democratic Senator Cory Booker challenged former GOP Congressman Mike Pompeo over his anti-LGBT views following his nomination to the State Department, where he would control any future work on global LGBT rights.

Citing Pompeo’s past record during a Senate committee, Booker asked: “You made a speech warning [against] an America that endorses a perversion and calls it an alternative lifestyle. Those are your words. Is being gay a perversion?”

Pompeo would only specify that he “stands by” his “very clear view on whether it was appropriate for two same-sex persons to marry,” though Booker’s question referred to his beliefs about gay people’s rights and not specifically same-sex marriage.

But here is the real kick in the head. It shows the desperation, or perhaps the stupidity of the religious right who insist on conflating the opposition to hate and bigotry to being anti-Christian:

Following the spat, anti-LGBT activists have now launched a fully-fledged smear campaign against Booker, who was branded an “anti-Christian bigot” in the aftermath of the spat.

Fringe anti-gay group the National Organization for Marriage is behind a Booker Bans Believers campaign – with a newly-launched website suggesting that the Democrat wants to ban the Bible.

Are these people so stupid to believe, or perhaps so dishonest,as to portray the issue as Christians vs. LGBT and their advocates? Do they not know that many LGBT people and their advocates are in fact Christian? Do they not know that many Christian denominations, and individuals support LGBT causes?

Real Christians are opposed to hate and discrimination. Booker is not attacking religious liberty as they allege. He is exercising his legal authority and moral right to oppose a nominee for a crucial cabinmate post based on clearly disqualifying concerns. Claiming that Booker wants to “ban the bible” is a dangerous combination of stupid, crazy, and dishonesty wrapped in desperation and irrational fear.

Sadly, it appears that as of tonight, Pompeo will be confirmed. God help the United States of America

Wait...wut?

We have Congressmen like Waters running around hugging Louis Farrakhan who makes racist hate filled speeches about white devils and greedy Jews but we need to get rid of Pompeo because he does not believe in gay sex?

Do tell.

Learn this word:
tu quoque (To kwok we )(Latin for "you, too" or "you, also") or the appeal to hypocrisy, is a logical fallacy that attempts to discredit the opponent's position by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with that position; it attempts to show that a criticism or objection applies equally to the person making it. This dismisses someone's point of view based on criticism of the person's inconsistency and not the position presented whereas a person's inconsistency should not discredit the position. Thus, it is a form of the ad hominem argument. To clarify, although the person being attacked might indeed be acting inconsistently or hypocritically, this does not invalidate their argument."

So, his view on gays is the same President Bill Clinton's was.
Really? Bullshit!!

Is that a joke?

The same view as barak obama, until obama didn't need to get elected again...
If you had read Obama's biography by David Axelrod, you would know that he was never really opposed to same sex marriage. However, he was politically savvy enough to know that coming out as pro gay marriage in 2008 would be political suicide. You can call it dishonest if you want, but I believe that it was justified and necessary to get into the white house in order to achieve a greater good.

So, he was supporting what he considered a bigoted position, for political reasons, so that he could pander to the bigoted voters.

And you support him on that.

Incredible.
You don't understand much do you? I actually do not recall that this was an issue in 2008. And, while he may have briefly spoken against gay marriage then, he never spewed the hate and vitriol that Pompeo has.

-- Opposed repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell, suggesting that "when you enter the army you give up a few of your rights." Also said of DADT repeal, "we cannot use military to promote social ideas that do not reflect the values of our nation."

-- Decried the US Supreme Court's 2015 ruling granting marriage equality to all fifty states as "a shocking abuse of power" that "flies in the face of centuries of shared understanding of our Constitution."

-- Has vowed to continue his fight abortion, marriage equality, and related matters "each and every day": "As a Kansan, I hold a deep reverence for the sanctity of life, the solidarity of family, and the solemnity of marriage. I will continue the fight to uphold these fundamental ideals each and every day. I am, and always will be, pro-life and will defend life from conception to natural death. I will continue to oppose any taxpayer funding for abortion. I also fully support the traditional institution of marriage. Strong families are the most important building block of our Republic, and we must preserve them for the sake of our community and our culture."

-- Co-sponsored two bills, the State Marriage Defense Act and the Marriage and Religious Freedom Act, both designed to undermine the effects of court rulings on marriage equality.

-- Denounced the Supreme Court rulings that struck down the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and California's Proposition 8 as "both sad and counter to the most profound tradition of o
ur great nation."

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/04/23/democratic-senator-cory-booker-smear-campaign/

I find it hard to believe that the National Organization for (heterosexual only) Marriage is still in existence after their humiliating defeat on the issue…..but sadly, they are.

Earlier this month, Democratic Senator Cory Booker challenged former GOP Congressman Mike Pompeo over his anti-LGBT views following his nomination to the State Department, where he would control any future work on global LGBT rights.

Citing Pompeo’s past record during a Senate committee, Booker asked: “You made a speech warning [against] an America that endorses a perversion and calls it an alternative lifestyle. Those are your words. Is being gay a perversion?”

Pompeo would only specify that he “stands by” his “very clear view on whether it was appropriate for two same-sex persons to marry,” though Booker’s question referred to his beliefs about gay people’s rights and not specifically same-sex marriage.

But here is the real kick in the head. It shows the desperation, or perhaps the stupidity of the religious right who insist on conflating the opposition to hate and bigotry to being anti-Christian:

Following the spat, anti-LGBT activists have now launched a fully-fledged smear campaign against Booker, who was branded an “anti-Christian bigot” in the aftermath of the spat.

Fringe anti-gay group the National Organization for Marriage is behind a Booker Bans Believers campaign – with a newly-launched website suggesting that the Democrat wants to ban the Bible.

Are these people so stupid to believe, or perhaps so dishonest,as to portray the issue as Christians vs. LGBT and their advocates? Do they not know that many LGBT people and their advocates are in fact Christian? Do they not know that many Christian denominations, and individuals support LGBT causes?

Real Christians are opposed to hate and discrimination. Booker is not attacking religious liberty as they allege. He is exercising his legal authority and moral right to oppose a nominee for a crucial cabinmate post based on clearly disqualifying concerns. Claiming that Booker wants to “ban the bible” is a dangerous combination of stupid, crazy, and dishonesty wrapped in desperation and irrational fear.

Sadly, it appears that as of tonight, Pompeo will be confirmed. God help the United States of America

Where does it state that EVERYONE has to be Pro-Gay and Pro-LGBTQ? Oh that's right it doesn't. This again illustrates that the LGBTQ Crowd are disgusting bigots who are completely intolerant of ANYONE who happens to not be pro-LGBTQ who they then in the most hysterical fashion scream are bigots and intolerant when it's the LGBTQ Crowd who are bigots and intolerant.

STFU already you are just NOT as important as you think you are.

Ah yes, I anticipated this. You people will try anything to avoid the actual issue.

There is no issue to avoid. The whole of your OP was to condemn a man for holding to decent moral values, and to cite a couple of openly pro-faggot sites to back up your condemnation.

Yes, by now, we all know how much you despise any kind of decent moral standards, and how much you hate those of us who hold to them.

Your bigotry, your perversion, your utter hatred, your outright evil, is not an issue that any of the rest of us have any obligation to address in any manner that would satisfy you.

ur great nation."

Sadly, it appears that as of tonight, Pompeo will be confirmed. Go help the United States of America

Booker is an anti-christian bigot ....

And Pompeo will be the Secretary of State who helps President Trump end the Korean war, and over sees the de-nuclearization of the Korean Penninsula....

If The Donald can do that IMHO he should get The Nobel Peace Prize. Obama six months into his first term got The Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing to deserve it....oh wait hold on, I think they gave it to him because he was Black or whatever :rolleyes-41:

ur great nation."

Are gay men who are opposed to having sex with a woman bigots too? By the Left's definition, they are.

So how does not being pro-LGBTQ fit into what his job is? WTF I thought Secretary of State was a diplomatic position involving foreign policy, so where does dick sucking and anal sex and wanting to have your dick chopped off because you are mentally ill fit into foreign policy exactly? Oh that's right, it doesn't.

ur great nation."

Are gay men who are opposed to having sex with a woman bigots too? By the Left's definition, they are.

Don't forget the Militant Lesbos who hate Hetero Women, they also are disgusting bigots.

Forum List

Back