What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Self-Caring

Dhara

Gold Member
Reaction score
Befriending Yourself

Self-Compassion

Acceptance

Enjoying Life

What do these topics mean to you?

I'll take the one called befriendiing yourself. Can you remember a time when you really stood up for someone else? Now savor that memory in a great deal of sensory awareness.

Now see if you can access the same feeling with a memory of time when you truly stood up for yourself.

This is how inner resources are grown.

Discuss.

Bonzi

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Befriending Yourself

Self-Compassion

Acceptance

Enjoying Life

I'll take the one called befriendiing yourself. Can you remember a time when you really stood up for someone else? Now savor that memory in a great deal of sensory awareness.

Now see if you can access the same feeling with a memory of time when you truly stood up for yourself.

Discuss.

One time in Jr. High, the tough girls were mocking one of the less popular girls (dorky I guess) because she had converse tennis shoes. I, of course, also had Converse so, I pointed out to them that I had them too - they didn't know what to say, so they basically stopped mocking her...

I always stand for myself, unless people are just purposefully trying to agitate me, then I just ignore them.

OP
Dhara

Dhara

Gold Member
Reaction score
Does masturbating count?
I'd say it's a form of enjoying life. Since enjoying life is part of self-caring.

On a serious note I think you're onto something. You've got to give yourself a break . Don't fixate on the bad you've done, relax, enjoy life.
Exactly. I think on that note, when someone continually tries to shove your past mistakes in your face and won't take sincere remorse at face value we have to pull back from them and let them be.

irosie91

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Befriending Yourself

Self-Compassion

Acceptance

Enjoying Life

Discuss.

One time in Jr. High, the tough girls were mocking one of the less popular girls (dorky I guess) because she had converse tennis shoes. I, of course, also had Converse so, I pointed out to them that I had them too - they didn't know what to say, so they basically stopped mocking her...

I always stand for myself, unless people are just purposefully trying to agitate me, then I just ignore them.

excuse me. I am a dorki girl------what is wrong with converse sneakers?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Befriending Yourself

Self-Compassion

Acceptance

Enjoying Life

Discuss.

excuse me. I am a dorki girl------what is wrong with converse sneakers?

They are totally cool now! But back in the late 1970's you were supposed to be wearing the red/white and blue Nikes!

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Reaction score
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

saveliberty

Diamond Member
Reaction score

:poke: Stop ignoring me :poke: Stop I say!

ZackB

Gold Member
Reaction score
Befriending Yourself

Self-Compassion

Acceptance

Enjoying Life

Discuss.
Somebody was molested as a child, eh?

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does masturbating count?

Masturbating, napping, and taking a good shit are some of life's pleasures.
I guess taking a dump in a decent thread is another pleasure of your too.

Yeah...that too.

All of life's little pleasures. It keeps me going.
Keep on going...

I'm going to bed.

But in the morning, I will wake up mildly refreshed and head off to work for 12 hours.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$280.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List