Self-Caring

Enjoy your day, and have a good night's sleep.

“The remedy is not to suppress negative experiences; when they happen, they happen. Rather, it is to foster positive experiences—and in particular, to take them in so they become a permanent part of you.”
― Rick Hanson, Buddha's Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom

I love this guy Rick Hanson.

“Positive experiences can also be used to soothe, balance, and even replace negative ones. When two things are held in mind at the same time, they start to connect with each other. That’s one reason why talking about hard things with someone who’s supportive can be so healing: painful feelings and memories get infused with the comfort, encouragement, and closeness you experience with the other person.”

― Rick Hanson, Buddha's Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom

One time in Jr. High, the tough girls were mocking one of the less popular girls (dorky I guess) because she had converse tennis shoes. I, of course, also had Converse so, I pointed out to them that I had them too - they didn't know what to say, so they basically stopped mocking her...

I always stand for myself, unless people are just purposefully trying to agitate me, then I just ignore them.

:poke: Stop ignoring me :poke: Stop I say!

I like it when you do it tho ;)

Forum List

Back