Secular scientists keep reducing the age they suppose the earth to be.

For the Grand Canyon, it was a one gigantic global flood the likes of we've never seen before. It would affect the whole world as a killer flood.

I've only experience man-made flooding. For example, we were suppose to go white water rafting and met someplace in the forest near what appeared to be a dried up creek. The guide said to be there at 10:00 am sharp. If you can picture a large groups of people in flotation vests waiting there with large rafts and paddles in the middle of nowhere, the sight and pictures we took look ridiculous. Suddenly, we heard this rushing gurgling sound and voila we had a class III river. Upstream, they let the dam gates open at this time. The other thing I'll never forget is falling heads over heel at Meatgrinder (the more interesting rapids have names). The raft hit a drop and then an up current so it tossed me overboard (I was sitting in the back). You get disoriented. I had no idea where I was except for being in the river. All I could see were large rocks and found up by following the light. I probably was about 15 - 20 ft down, so I swam up towards it and looking out for large rocks. I felt like I was weightless and not moving. I broke the surface of the water and took a quick breath and then was pulled down again. More disorientation and weightless feeling, but I knew I was moving downstream and at a rapid pace so just tried swimming up towards the light and avoiding rocks. Once I bobbed my head out of the water, I could see the raft was waiting for me further downstream and swam towards it and they pulled me back aboard.

Thus, I think if you're caught in a flood, the rapid current will keep pulling you down and disoriented. You can't fight it, so you'll just have to keep underwater and swim up when you can and hopefully you can catch a breath before it pulls you down again. You could see a large amount of bubbles and that will obscure your vision and add to the disorientation.

If you're traveling 120 mph, then likely you don't stand much of a chance.

I think you can see that floods can cause great destruction and carve out gigantic canyons and gorges in rapid fashion.

I agree that canyons can be formed quickly ... do you agree that canyons can also be formed slowly? ... over hundreds if not thousands of years ...

Both types of canyon have clear and distinct features ... thus we can compare the Channeled Scablands to the outflow areas along the California/Arizona border ... I'm asking you how are these two areas comparable ... do we see the gravel hills, the potholes, the high water marks? ... these features are plentiful in eastern Washington, but seem absent along the lower Colorado ...

How do they form slowly? Rocks can form slowly from sedimentary layers from other layers and pressure from above.

We should be able to see what you are talking about like watching a pine tree grow. I learned glaciers cut out mountains and such, but I don't know. What do you have on the Channeled Scablands? You want to compare that to GC?

Go visit the Scablands ... all that has been reproduced in the lab ...

What do you mean by "reproduced in the lab?"

Not sure how to unpack this ... so I'll go straight to the end ...

What do you mean by "reproduced in the lab?"

Ripple beds - Unidirectional bedforms -- 15'04"
Potholes - Physical Geography - Potholes -- 1'33"
Erratics - Erratic Boulders -- 2'35"

This last video is from the guy, Nick on the Rocks, where I've been getting all my information ... watch some of his other videos ... top quality stuff and presented in a real accessible way ...
I like this guy.

In the last 2.6 MM years there have been 33 separate advances and retreats of continental glacial over North America. -- 4'00"

The implication is that therefore the earth must be younger than previously assumed.
100% wrong. The OP article is false garbage. The estimate of the age of the Earth's solid core was revised UPWARD by these studies, for one. AOL news can immediately fire their science team.

Last edited:
OK so its growing,, so is Hawaii,, that doesnt have anything to do with how the GC was formed,,
Wrong again, they are all related. Iceland, Hawaii, and the GC all owe their existence to continental drift.
if you say so,,, who am I to tell you that continents cant float,,
It is not me who says so it is just about every geologist on the planet. Do you know different or do you just refuse to accept the evidence because it contradicts your interpretation of God's word?
I reject the opinion cause its an opinion lacking in evidence and based on assumptions not facts,,
Exactly which opinion is that?
and why are you bringing god into it???
The title of the thread is "Secular scientists keep reducing the age they suppose the earth to be". Seems like you need to ask the OP that question.

As for me, whenever someone refuses to accept facts it is because they already have the answer and that answer usually comes from their God. Am I wrong?
you and i left that part a long way back,,
Then your last statement was: I reject the opinion cause its an opinion lacking in evidence and based on assumptions not facts,,
To which I asked: Exactly which opinion is that?
the one youve been giving dumbass,,,

you should take your ADD meds cause this conversation is getting boring since you cant keep up with it,,
Maybe the disconnect is you don't understand the difference between fact and opinion. I've given you nothing but facts. For example, "Iceland, Hawaii, and the GC all owe their existence to continental drift" is fact supported by science. It is not any one's opinion nor is it based on politics or religion.
its obvious the problem is yours,,, all of the claims youre making are theories,, another word for theories is opinions not facts,,,
If you're not willing to believe your own eyes you'll never believe me. Happy holidays.
how can I believe something I cant see, study or reproduce???

sorry your narrative falls flat when tested but it is what it is,, an opinion,,
That's exactly your problem, you can see, study, or reproduce everything I said. You just refuse to.

OK so its growing,, so is Hawaii,, that doesnt have anything to do with how the GC was formed,,
Wrong again, they are all related. Iceland, Hawaii, and the GC all owe their existence to continental drift.
It is not me who says so it is just about every geologist on the planet. Do you know different or do you just refuse to accept the evidence because it contradicts your interpretation of God's word?
I reject the opinion cause its an opinion lacking in evidence and based on assumptions not facts,,
The title of the thread is "Secular scientists keep reducing the age they suppose the earth to be". Seems like you need to ask the OP that question.

As for me, whenever someone refuses to accept facts it is because they already have the answer and that answer usually comes from their God. Am I wrong?
Then your last statement was: I reject the opinion cause its an opinion lacking in evidence and based on assumptions not facts,,

you should take your ADD meds cause this conversation is getting boring since you cant keep up with it,,
Maybe the disconnect is you don't understand the difference between fact and opinion. I've given you nothing but facts. For example, "Iceland, Hawaii, and the GC all owe their existence to continental drift" is fact supported by science. It is not any one's opinion nor is it based on politics or religion.
its obvious the problem is yours,,, all of the claims youre making are theories,, another word for theories is opinions not facts,,,
If you're not willing to believe your own eyes you'll never believe me. Happy holidays.

That's exactly your problem, you can see, study, or reproduce everything I said. You just refuse to.
not true,,, exactly how do you reproduce floating continents when they dont float,,, not to mention how do you reproduce millions or billions of yrs???

While I still believe the earth to be much younger, it would seem that scientists are being forced to squeeze more and more environmental changes in less and less time:
If the earth was without form and void in the beginning as God created it according to the Bible, who knows how long it existed in that form or absence of form, as it were?
If the Universe is 13.8 billion years old, then how did these scientists count years before the earth existed to orbit the sun?

Or when they say billion is it a U.S. billion of 1,000,000,000 or an British billion of 1,000,000,000,000?

Or if the Sun is 4.6 billion years old and the earth and moon came into existence some 100 million years later, or is it 100 thousand million or a British milliard?

not true,,, exactly how do you reproduce floating continents when they dont float,,, not to mention how do you reproduce millions or billions of yrs???
You mentioned Hawaii so here is a lesson for you. There is a hot spot below the Pacific plate that has been erupting for millions of years. It is stationary but the plate moves from SE to NW so you can trace the movement back in time. You can even see where it changed from a S to N direction. Hawaii is in the SE corner.
1608842789025.png

You mentioned Hawaii so here is a lesson for you. There is a hot spot below the Pacific plate that has been erupting for millions of years. It is stationary but the plate moves from SE to NW so you can trace the movement back in time. You can eve see where it changed from a S to N direction.
View attachment 433036
all I said is it was growing,,, and plates moving means nothing when youre claiming that continents can float around the planet,,,

You mentioned Hawaii so here is a lesson for you. There is a hot spot below the Pacific plate that has been erupting for millions of years. It is stationary but the plate moves from SE to NW so you can trace the movement back in time. You can eve see where it changed from a S to N direction.
View attachment 433036
all I said is it was growing,,, and plates moving means nothing when youre claiming that continents can float around the planet,,,
Which are saying the same thing. The attention begging troll intentionally says stupid things for attention. Again.

View attachment 433036
If Iceland is growing, what is shrinking?

View attachment 433036
Which are saying the same thing. The attention begging troll intentionally says stupid things for attention. Again.,,,
yes you do

View attachment 433036
who said something is shrinking and whats that got to do with floating continents???

View attachment 433036
progressive hunter 's arguments

View attachment 433036
progressive hunter 's arguments
I understand youre trying to seek attention,, but could you say something on the topic so we can respond in kind??

View attachment 433036
who said something is shrinking and whats that got to do with floating continents???
If Iceland is growing but nothing is shrinking:
  • Is the Earth getting larger?
  • Is Iceland bulging upward into space?
This is not even considering that the entire Atlantic Ocean is also growing, Iceland is just the easiest to visit. So the real question is how is Iceland growing and is the Earth solid right to the core?

View attachment 433036
This is not even considering that the entire Atlantic Ocean is also growing, Iceland is just the easiest to visit. So the real question is how is Iceland growing and is the Earth solid right to the core?
thats above my pay grade and why I wasnt talking about it,,,

View attachment 433036
thats above my pay grade and why I wasnt talking about it,,,
Smart. It's always better to punt than to take a chance of fumbling.

Apparently, the Channeled Scablands happened rapidly.

7-scablands-MM8155_130512_6128.adapt.1190.1.jpg
1-scablands-MM8155_130512_6280.adapt.676.1.jpg

"Standing in the middle of a broad swath of scablands extending from horizon to horizon, my mind’s eye could clearly see the floodwaters blasting through, like a raging inland sea, ripping up everything not strong enough to stay moored. Driving through what’s known as the Ephrata Fan, a broad open area where floodwaters left the confines of the Grand Coulee and spread out and slowed as they neared what would become Ancient (and very temporary) Lake Lewis, I easily understood why the landscape was riddled with boulders: As the water lost speed, it began dropping all the rocks it was carrying. And when I stood on the lip of the dry falls of Potholes Coulee, looking at this immense canyon with farmland on three sides and a precipitous drop on the other, I felt what Bretz was thinking when he looked at that map a century ago: If a river didn’t carve this, what did?"

Apparently, the Channeled Scablands happened rapidly.

View attachment 433128View attachment 433129

"Standing in the middle of a broad swath of scablands extending from horizon to horizon, my mind’s eye could clearly see the floodwaters blasting through, like a raging inland sea, ripping up everything not strong enough to stay moored. Driving through what’s known as the Ephrata Fan, a broad open area where floodwaters left the confines of the Grand Coulee and spread out and slowed as they neared what would become Ancient (and very temporary) Lake Lewis, I easily understood why the landscape was riddled with boulders: As the water lost speed, it began dropping all the rocks it was carrying. And when I stood on the lip of the dry falls of Potholes Coulee, looking at this immense canyon with farmland on three sides and a precipitous drop on the other, I felt what Bretz was thinking when he looked at that map a century ago: If a river didn’t carve this, what did?"

From the link:
“During the last ice age, 18,000 to 13,000 years ago, the landscape of eastern Washington was repeatedly scoured by massive floods. They carved canyons, cut waterfalls, and sculpted a terrain of braided waterways today known as the Channeled Scablands”

Forum List

Back