Secular scientists keep reducing the age they suppose the earth to be.

Of course I did. It stated, "During the last ice age." Now, answer my question, foo. How many ice ages?

We're in an ice age right now ... have been for 30 million years ... I think what you mean is glaciation, which happen every 125,000 years or so ... so a hundred, maybe two ... but keep in mind, the ice never melts off completely ... it just ebbs and flows like the tides ...

In case you've forgotten ... the question to you was why do we not find the same outflow patterns from the Grand Canyon? ...

YEC believe there was only one ice age after the global flood.

I think the atheist scientists believe there were at least five major ice ages.
There was no global, biblical flood 4,000 years ago. A single ice age that ended 10,000 years ago is an obvious problem for young earth creationers.

How many ice ages?

I have the answers and proof of a global flood while you are flummoxed.

So, how many ice ages?

Last edited:
"There are a number of Scripture passages that identify the Flood waters with the present-day seas (Amos 9:6 and Job 38:8-11 note “waves”). If the waters are still here, why are the highest mountains not still covered with water, as they were in Noah's day? Psalm 104 suggests an answer. After the waters covered the mountains (verse 6), God rebuked them and they fled (verse 7); the mountains rose, the valleys sank down (verse 8) and God set a boundary so that they will never again cover the Earth (verse 9)[1]. They are the same waters!"

Who are you quoting here? ... Pslams 104 is the pot-smoking psalm ...

"He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;" -- Pslams 104:14

I've some Memory Killer right here ... give me a minute ...

[cough cough cough cough] ...

Okay, what were we talking about ... alluvial fans, right? ... millions of fine grained layers in the outflow area through the delta ... very distinct slow water flow episodes over geologic time scales ...

First, you have to clear your brain of the junk you learned and believe now from scientific atheism.

We had water rise from the fountains of the deep as well as mountains. These were the actual ancient peoples. They are people you think are prehistoric. These are the actual prehistoric peoples in your geology and uniformitarian nomenclature.

More evidence of global flood as oceans rose up from the fountains of the deep and formed the mid-Atlantic ridge.

Of course I did. It stated, "During the last ice age." Now, answer my question, foo. How many ice ages?

We're in an ice age right now ... have been for 30 million years ... I think what you mean is glaciation, which happen every 125,000 years or so ... so a hundred, maybe two ... but keep in mind, the ice never melts off completely ... it just ebbs and flows like the tides ...

In case you've forgotten ... the question to you was why do we not find the same outflow patterns from the Grand Canyon? ...

There was no global, biblical flood 4,000 years ago. A single ice age that ended 10,000 years ago is an obvious problem for young earth creationers.

How many ice ages?

I have the answers and proof of a global flood while you are flummoxed.

So, how many ice ages?

I agree that Amanpour and Stephanopoulos are little more than Jerry Springer clones. As there is no evidence for any Arks nor any biblical flood 4,000 years ago, what was the point of that silly infomercial?

So, how many ice ages?

More evidence of global flood as oceans rose up from the fountains of the deep and formed the mid-Atlantic ridge.
Funny stuff. It seems to appeal to those who like bright colors with their YouTube videos and don’t care much for facts.

"There are a number of Scripture passages that identify the Flood waters with the present-day seas (Amos 9:6 and Job 38:8-11 note “waves”). If the waters are still here, why are the highest mountains not still covered with water, as they were in Noah's day? Psalm 104 suggests an answer. After the waters covered the mountains (verse 6), God rebuked them and they fled (verse 7); the mountains rose, the valleys sank down (verse 8) and God set a boundary so that they will never again cover the Earth (verse 9)[1]. They are the same waters!"

Who are you quoting here? ... Pslams 104 is the pot-smoking psalm ...

"He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;" -- Pslams 104:14

I've some Memory Killer right here ... give me a minute ...

[cough cough cough cough] ...

Okay, what were we talking about ... alluvial fans, right? ... millions of fine grained layers in the outflow area through the delta ... very distinct slow water flow episodes over geologic time scales ...

First, you have to clear your brain of the junk you learned and believe now from scientific atheism.

We had water rise from the fountains of the deep as well as mountains. These were the actual ancient peoples. They are people you think are prehistoric. These are the actual prehistoric peoples in your geology and uniformitarian nomenclature.

Where are the magic fountains?

Long Island is evidence for at least 2 glaciations. It is two terminal moraines superimposed on each other that only diverge in the east, forming the 'tail' of Long Island. Other locales have an even greater number.

I doubt that would qualify according to history.com.

"An ice age is a period of colder global temperatures and recurring glacial expansion capable of lasting hundreds of millions of years."
Interesting that you use something to support your position that you believe is false. What does that make you?

Seems like it is magma rising to form the mid-Atlantic ridge. How is this evidence of global flood?

158864-nature-landscape-sea-clouds-sunlight-Sun-mountain-rock-Norway-town-road-island.jpg

First, the ridge or cracks go around the world. We had oceans of water underneath the seafloor. What is called seafloor spreading is another name for the largest catastrophism ever on the Earth. It brought up the waters from the fountains of the deep which would add to the rains and cause a global flood. It also explains how mountains could form quickly. It wasn't just seamounts, but mountains like the Himalayas. It is how the highest peaks (Mt. Everest) and lowest valleys (the seas) formed on the surface.

Long Island is evidence for at least 2 glaciations. It is two terminal moraines superimposed on each other that only diverge in the east, forming the 'tail' of Long Island. Other locales have an even greater number.

I doubt that would qualify according to history.com.

"An ice age is a period of colder global temperatures and recurring glacial expansion capable of lasting hundreds of millions of years."
Interesting that you use something to support your position that you believe is false. What does that make you?

I'm explaining both sides. What I believe happened is only ONE ice age up to now based on the Biblical timeline. How many ice ages do you think happened and why?

I'm explaining both sides. What I believe happened is only ONE ice age up to now based on the Biblical timeline. How many ice ages do you think happened and why?

You've not posted anything that would lead anyone to believe you have any knowledge of any kind about basic geology ...

Exactly where in the Bible could you possibly get the idea of an ice age? ...

Seems like it is magma rising to form the mid-Atlantic ridge. How is this evidence of global flood?

158864-nature-landscape-sea-clouds-sunlight-Sun-mountain-rock-Norway-town-road-island.jpg

First, the ridge or cracks go around the world. We had oceans of water underneath the seafloor. What is called seafloor spreading is another name for the largest catastrophism ever on the Earth. It brought up the waters from the fountains of the deep which would add to the rains and cause a global flood. It also explains how mountains could form quickly. It wasn't just seamounts, but mountains like the Himalayas. It is how the highest peaks (Mt. Everest) and lowest valleys (the seas) formed on the surface.

Pretty picture but not sure what it means?

As to the "We had oceans of water underneath the seafloor" thing, I'm curious as to how that worked. Was the water in the pores of the rock, like we find oil today, or was it an unconfined body of water sitting in a cavern underground, like we find in caves today? Or is this whole thing a supernatural/miraculous event that defies human understanding?

I'm no expert but the experts tell me there is evidence for 5 ice ages. It wouldn't surprise me if it turns out there were many more.

I think you put way too much faith in your Biblical timeline, there are too many things that were just left out for it to be considered a comprehensive history of the Earth.

Forum List

Back