Secular scientists keep reducing the age they suppose the earth to be.

OK so its growing,, so is Hawaii,, that doesnt have anything to do with how the GC was formed,,
Wrong again, they are all related. Iceland, Hawaii, and the GC all owe their existence to continental drift.
if you say so,,, who am I to tell you that continents cant float,,
It is not me who says so it is just about every geologist on the planet. Do you know different or do you just refuse to accept the evidence because it contradicts your interpretation of God's word?
I reject the opinion cause its an opinion lacking in evidence and based on assumptions not facts,,
Exactly which opinion is that?
and why are you bringing god into it???
The title of the thread is "Secular scientists keep reducing the age they suppose the earth to be". Seems like you need to ask the OP that question.

As for me, whenever someone refuses to accept facts it is because they already have the answer and that answer usually comes from their God. Am I wrong?
you and i left that part a long way back,,
Then your last statement was: I reject the opinion cause its an opinion lacking in evidence and based on assumptions not facts,,
To which I asked: Exactly which opinion is that?
the one youve been giving dumbass,,,

you should take your ADD meds cause this conversation is getting boring since you cant keep up with it,,
Maybe the disconnect is you don't understand the difference between fact and opinion. I've given you nothing but facts. For example, "Iceland, Hawaii, and the GC all owe their existence to continental drift" is fact supported by science. It is not any one's opinion nor is it based on politics or religion.
its obvious the problem is yours,,, all of the claims youre making are theories,, another word for theories is opinions not facts,,,
If you're not willing to believe your own eyes you'll never believe me. Happy holidays.
how can I believe something I cant see, study or reproduce???

sorry your narrative falls flat when tested but it is what it is,, an opinion,,
That's exactly your problem, you can see, study, or reproduce everything I said. You just refuse to.
not true,,, exactly how do you reproduce floating continents when they dont float,,, not to mention how do you reproduce millions or billions of yrs???
You mentioned Hawaii so here is a lesson for you. There is a hot spot below the Pacific plate that has been erupting for millions of years. It is stationary but the plate moves from SE to NW so you can trace the movement back in time. You can eve see where it changed from a S to N direction.
View attachment 433036
all I said is it was growing,,, and plates moving means nothing when youre claiming that continents can float around the planet,,,
If Iceland is growing, what is shrinking?
who said something is shrinking and whats that got to do with floating continents???
If Iceland is growing but nothing is shrinking:
  • Is the Earth getting larger?
  • Is Iceland bulging upward into space?
This is not even considering that the entire Atlantic Ocean is also growing, Iceland is just the easiest to visit. So the real question is how is Iceland growing and is the Earth solid right to the core?
thats above my pay grade and why I wasnt talking about it,,,
Smart. It's always better to punt than to take a chance of fumbling.
cant punt if I'm not playing your game,,,

OK so its growing,, so is Hawaii,, that doesnt have anything to do with how the GC was formed,,
Wrong again, they are all related. Iceland, Hawaii, and the GC all owe their existence to continental drift.
It is not me who says so it is just about every geologist on the planet. Do you know different or do you just refuse to accept the evidence because it contradicts your interpretation of God's word?
I reject the opinion cause its an opinion lacking in evidence and based on assumptions not facts,,
The title of the thread is "Secular scientists keep reducing the age they suppose the earth to be". Seems like you need to ask the OP that question.

As for me, whenever someone refuses to accept facts it is because they already have the answer and that answer usually comes from their God. Am I wrong?
Then your last statement was: I reject the opinion cause its an opinion lacking in evidence and based on assumptions not facts,,

you should take your ADD meds cause this conversation is getting boring since you cant keep up with it,,
Maybe the disconnect is you don't understand the difference between fact and opinion. I've given you nothing but facts. For example, "Iceland, Hawaii, and the GC all owe their existence to continental drift" is fact supported by science. It is not any one's opinion nor is it based on politics or religion.
its obvious the problem is yours,,, all of the claims youre making are theories,, another word for theories is opinions not facts,,,
If you're not willing to believe your own eyes you'll never believe me. Happy holidays.

That's exactly your problem, you can see, study, or reproduce everything I said. You just refuse to.
not true,,, exactly how do you reproduce floating continents when they dont float,,, not to mention how do you reproduce millions or billions of yrs???
You mentioned Hawaii so here is a lesson for you. There is a hot spot below the Pacific plate that has been erupting for millions of years. It is stationary but the plate moves from SE to NW so you can trace the movement back in time. You can eve see where it changed from a S to N direction.
View attachment 433036
all I said is it was growing,,, and plates moving means nothing when youre claiming that continents can float around the planet,,,
who said something is shrinking and whats that got to do with floating continents???
This is not even considering that the entire Atlantic Ocean is also growing, Iceland is just the easiest to visit. So the real question is how is Iceland growing and is the Earth solid right to the core?
Keep that bench warm but keep the hot chocolate handy.

View attachment 433036
Keep that bench warm but keep the hot chocolate handy.
only if I get marshmallows,,,

Apparently, the Channeled Scablands happened rapidly.

View attachment 433128View attachment 433129

"Standing in the middle of a broad swath of scablands extending from horizon to horizon, my mind’s eye could clearly see the floodwaters blasting through, like a raging inland sea, ripping up everything not strong enough to stay moored. Driving through what’s known as the Ephrata Fan, a broad open area where floodwaters left the confines of the Grand Coulee and spread out and slowed as they neared what would become Ancient (and very temporary) Lake Lewis, I easily understood why the landscape was riddled with boulders: As the water lost speed, it began dropping all the rocks it was carrying. And when I stood on the lip of the dry falls of Potholes Coulee, looking at this immense canyon with farmland on three sides and a precipitous drop on the other, I felt what Bretz was thinking when he looked at that map a century ago: If a river didn’t carve this, what did?"

From the link:
“During the last ice age, 18,000 to 13,000 years ago, the landscape of eastern Washington was repeatedly scoured by massive floods. They carved canyons, cut waterfalls, and sculpted a terrain of braided waterways today known as the Channeled Scablands”

How many ice ages?

"Standing in the middle of a broad swath of scablands extending from horizon to horizon, my mind’s eye could clearly see the floodwaters blasting through, like a raging inland sea, ripping up everything not strong enough to stay moored. Driving through what’s known as the Ephrata Fan, a broad open area where floodwaters left the confines of the Grand Coulee and spread out and slowed as they neared what would become Ancient (and very temporary) Lake Lewis, I easily understood why the landscape was riddled with boulders: As the water lost speed, it began dropping all the rocks it was carrying. And when I stood on the lip of the dry falls of Potholes Coulee, looking at this immense canyon with farmland on three sides and a precipitous drop on the other, I felt what Bretz was thinking when he looked at that map a century ago: If a river didn’t carve this, what did?"

From the link:
“During the last ice age, 18,000 to 13,000 years ago, the landscape of eastern Washington was repeatedly scoured by massive floods. They carved canyons, cut waterfalls, and sculpted a terrain of braided waterways today known as the Channeled Scablands”

How many ice ages?
The article was clear about the timeline. Did you read the article?

From the link:

How many ice ages?

Of course I did. It stated, "During the last ice age." Now, answer my question, foo. How many ice ages?

From the link:

How many ice ages?

Of course I did. It stated, "During the last ice age." Now, answer my question, foo. How many ice ages?
How many ice ages what? Can you formulate a coherent question?

Nothing supernatural about the above.

We're in an ice age right now ... have been for 30 million years ... I think what you mean is glaciation, which happen every 125,000 years or so ... so a hundred, maybe two ... but keep in mind, the ice never melts off completely ... it just ebbs and flows like the tides ...

In case you've forgotten ... the question to you was why do we not find the same outflow patterns from the Grand Canyon? ...

We're in an ice age right now ... have been for 30 million years ... I think what you mean is glaciation, which happen every 125,000 years or so ... so a hundred, maybe two ... but keep in mind, the ice never melts off completely ... it just ebbs and flows like the tides ...

In case you've forgotten ... the question to you was why do we not find the same outflow patterns from the Grand Canyon? ...

YEC believe there was only one ice age after the global flood.

I think the atheist scientists believe there were at least five major ice ages.

Everyone knows that the Earth is only 5,000 years old! :D

poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Long Island is evidence for at least 2 glaciations. It is two terminal moraines superimposed on each other that only diverge in the east, forming the 'tail' of Long Island. Other locales have an even greater number.

the question to you was why do we not find the same outflow patterns from the Grand Canyon? ...

the question to you was why do we not find the same outflow patterns from the Grand Canyon? ...
for the same reason we dont find the sediment from erosion if it was carved out by millions of yrs,,, TIME

for the same reason we dont find the sediment from erosion if it was carved out by millions of yrs,,, TIME

Sure we do ... alluvial fans ... exactly what we would expect for slow erosion ... discreet layer on discreet layer all the way to the Sea of Cortez ...
thin ;layers down to cortez would be from a large rapid deposit not a slow one,, a slow one would be contained to the river bed and not across the landscape,,

There was no global, biblical flood 4,000 years ago. A single ice age that ended 10,000 years ago is an obvious problem for young earth creationers.

How many ice ages?

Sure we do ... alluvial fans ... exactly what we would expect for slow erosion ... discreet layer on discreet layer all the way to the Sea of Cortez ...
thin ;layers down to cortez would be from a large rapid deposit not a slow one,, a slow one would be contained to the river bed and not across the landscape,,

Where are the ripple beds, potholes and erratics? ... this might surprise you, but alluvial grin size and water speed are proportional ... we have very small particles in the Grand Canyon's outlet, clear evidence of slow water speed ... and the whole region is included in the fanworks ... as obvious as the wart on a witch's nose ... whereas in glacial lake outburst events show much larger particles, faster water speeds ... and we find alternating scour and deposition beds ...

Where are the ripple beds, potholes and erratics? ... this might surprise you, but alluvial grin size and water speed are proportional ... we have very small particles in the Grand Canyon's outlet, clear evidence of slow water speed ... and the whole region is included in the fanworks ... as obvious as the wart on a witch's nose ... whereas in glacial lake outburst events show much larger particles, faster water speeds ... and we find alternating scour and deposition beds ...
slow water after the canyon was formed,,,

Forum List

Back