Secular bloc wins in Iraq

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p_ENPQBGRg&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Doubt after Iraq's poll result[/ame]

wow , Yurt he just got thrown out on his ass, W wasn't all that ofa good teacher on how too steal elections ? W did it twice with daddy LOL

i remember the libs complaining that bush set up an islamic theocracy there

fail

Yea, "secular" Iraqi women lined up to vote:

xin_140102310906343220523.jpg

You can tell by their "colorful" dress they are not an Islamic theocracy.

Not!

From the Iraq Constitution:
Article 2:

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

theocracy - the belief in government by divine guidance

fail

Not!

Article 2:

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

So you want to dictate to the Iraqi people how they dress? And how they vote? And what is or is not acceptable in their constitution?

How very arrogant. And.... how very like the left.

fail

Not!

Article 2:

Please, it's spring, hence the color is so popular.

fail

Not!

Article 2:

So you want to dictate to the Iraqi people how they dress? And how they vote? And what is or is not acceptable in their constitution?

Of course not, we can only dictate them that Democracy is the only way to go.

fail

Not!

Article 2:

How arrogant? Doesn't sending ones sons and daughters to die grant one the luxury of being arrogant? Why one earth would America send their sons or daughters to die so that a country could be governed by a theocracy?

Not!

Article 2:

How arrogant? Doesn't sending ones sons and daughters to die grant one the luxury of being arrogant? Why one earth would America send their sons or daughters to die so that a country could be governed by a theocracy?
Beats me.

fail

Not!

Article 2:

Having a state religion is not the same as government by divine guidance. Great Britain has a state religion...but I don't suppose you would call it a theocracy.

It can be a fine line, but note that it does NOT say the Koran is law, nor does it require Shari'a law, but only that the law can't contradict the (interpretation) of Islam.

While it could be turned into a theocracy, that's not a necessary result.

PeterS said:
How arrogant? Doesn't sending ones sons and daughters to die grant one the luxury of being arrogant?
No.
Why one earth would America send their sons or daughters to die so that a country could be governed by a theocracy?
Because one of the fundamental principles of the US is the right of a people to self-determination...that they have the right to govern themselves as they see fit.

Oh, and a warning...if you're tempted to lecture to me about military sacrifice, read my location.

Forum List

Back