Secret Service guys fired

There is no plausible excuse for their behavior. The nature of their job leaves no room for error, and these individuals are very well compensated for what they do. Getting intoxicated here is definitely grounds for dismissal.

I would not expect Secret Service agents not to be allowed to drink. But to drink to the point where you are publically intoxicated shows a lack of professionalism. If they can't be trusted to control their drinking, how can they be trusted to guard the President?

You know...........the U.S. Navy had me for over 20 years, and they also told me how I had to act overseas, and what was expected of me.

I could have a couple of drinks, hell...............I could even have enough to get buzzed.

However.................if I got so drunk that I passed out in the street (or had to be carried up the gangway, which did happen a time or two), I expected to be brought up on charges and given Captain's Mast at the very least.

After the first time or two, I learned how to behave, because I didn't like the fact it cost me money (1/2 months pay for 2 months), or cost me my freedom (was given base restriction for 60 days once), or could even have cost me my rank (was given a suspended bust for 3 months on another time).

Are they intentionally disrespecting the President? Probably not............they just got stupid at a very bad time.

Do they deserve to be fired? Well..............the Navy gave me 3 chances when I messed up, I think these Secret Service personnel deserve the same chance.

Why do I say that? Because after I messed up and learned the error of my ways, I became a very valuable asset to each command I served in.

Matter of fact, spent the last 2 tours as an E-6, serving in an E-7 billet.

There is no plausible excuse for their behavior. The nature of their job leaves no room for error, and these individuals are very well compensated for what they do. Getting intoxicated here is definitely grounds for dismissal.

I would not expect Secret Service agents not to be allowed to drink. But to drink to the point where you are publically intoxicated shows a lack of professionalism. If they can't be trusted to control their drinking, how can they be trusted to guard the President?

You know...........the U.S. Navy had me for over 20 years, and they also told me how I had to act overseas, and what was expected of me.

I could have a couple of drinks, hell...............I could even have enough to get buzzed.

However.................if I got so drunk that I passed out in the street (or had to be carried up the gangway, which did happen a time or two), I expected to be brought up on charges and given Captain's Mast at the very least.

After the first time or two, I learned how to behave, because I didn't like the fact it cost me money (1/2 months pay for 2 months), or cost me my freedom (was given base restriction for 60 days once), or could even have cost me my rank (was given a suspended bust for 3 months on another time).

Are they intentionally disrespecting the President? Probably not............they just got stupid at a very bad time.

Do they deserve to be fired? Well..............the Navy gave me 3 chances when I messed up, I think these Secret Service personnel deserve the same chance.

Why do I say that? Because after I messed up and learned the error of my ways, I became a very valuable asset to each command I served in.

If you are an E-6 and get shitfaced drunk you deserve to be administratively punished. However, I would have reservations if the Captain of a Navy ship has to be carried up the gangplank because he can't control his drinking

Secret Service is an elite corps given a grave responsibility to protect our president. I would expect a level of professionalism I might not expect from a drunken sailor

The question isn't whether they acted inappropriately or not, clearly they did. The question is why. They didn't fuck up like that when Reagan was president, and they didn't do that shit under Bush either. But then again, Reagan and Bush (both of them) treated them with respect. They bought them gifts at Christmas, invited them to the parties and treated them like family. That's the least you can do for someone who is willing to take a bullet for you. When you treat your protectors like dirt under your feet (like Hillary and the Obama's), it's bound to affect their dedication.

The question isn't whether they acted inappropriately or not, clearly they did. The question is why. They didn't fuck up like that when Reagan was president, and they didn't do that shit under Bush either. But then again, Reagan and Bush (both of them) treated them with respect. They bought them gifts at Christmas, invited them to the parties and treated them like family. That's the least you can do for someone who is willing to take a bullet for you. When you treat your protectors like dirt under your feet (like Hillary and the Obama's), it's bound to affect their dedication.

Typical "Secret Service Agents, puppies and kittens love us but hate the Democrats" propaganda

Oh now THAT is funny.

First, the question is not "why".
Second, the answer is not that no one ever did it before and its Obama's fault.

Secret Service have been fired for drunkenness before. If you have access to the InterWebs, you could even do a little research. I read about it recently so maybe you can find it. IF you bother to look.

If an employee screws up, its on him. Not his employer because he didn't buy him a little prezzie.

Got any links to where SS were treated badly by the Clintons?

If you are an E-6 and get shitfaced drunk you deserve to be administratively punished. However, I would have reservations if the Captain of a Navy ship has to be carried up the gangplank because he can't control his drinking

Secret Service is an elite corps given a grave responsibility to protect our president. I would expect a level of professionalism I might not expect from a drunken sailor

Interestingly enough, my escapades of getting "shit faced drunk" stopped when I made E-5, because I knew my career was going places.

However..................I also remember recall a time when I saw the captain of the USS CONCORD (AFS-5) getting drunk with the XO.

We both crawled up the gangplank at the same time.

But..................I did learn from the error of my ways, which is why I got some really choice assignments afterwards...........................

Forum List

Back