Second-quarter GDP jumps 4.1% for best pace in nearly four years

Unfortunately wages have been going down.
The only thing keeping them as high as they are now are one time bonuses from the tax cuts for corporations and billionaires.
The speculation there is new workers are entering the market and people my age have been retiring.

So is GDP sustainable at 4.1% if wages are dropping?
How does it feel to be wrong every time you type? Wages grew 4.89% in may 0f 2018 over the same month in 2017. Hourly wages grew to a record high of $22.62 in June of 2018. If you want to do your homework, these numbers are from the SSA.gov and from tradeeconomics.

Obama and Democrats have nothing to be ashamed of - OF COURSE a successful businessman is better at managing the nation's economy than a Community Organizer....

Numbers just released. Last quarter was 2%.
During the Obama years, GDP passed 4.1% four times.
How is it different now?
What does that have anything to do with these numbers? Sounds like you’re upset gdp was high? Strange post.

Very nice. Now we have to sustain it for a bit.
I'm sure we can, till we elect another Democrat.
You mean if we elected another Democrat.

Historically, we know what happens to the economy when Republicans run it. It fails and we go into recession.
Says a dude unhappy with 4.0 gdp!

We just finished eight years of history with a demoloser and not one year of 3.0 gdp growth first time on record.

How is it different now?
What does that have anything to do with these numbers? Sounds like you’re upset gdp was high? Strange post.
All the times the Obama economy passed 4% the economy wasn't supercharged with unsustainable tax breaks. And massive quick orders of farm goods hoping to cash in before tariffs take effect.

Trump says job growth will continue when we have more open jobs than unemployed. Clearly, more unfilled jobs doesn't really qualify as job growth.

And people's wages haven't actually gone up. There have been bonuses which is NOT the same as increased salary.

So this quarter is actually the fifth highest if you include the Obama years.

Trump could actually give good news even if he didn't lie or mislead.

Historically, we know what happens to the economy when Republicans run it. It fails and we go into recession.

We just finished eight years of history with a demoloser and not one year of 3.0 gdp growth first time on record.
Read my last post.

How is it different now?
All the times the Obama economy passed 4% the economy wasn't supercharged with unsustainable tax breaks. And massive quick orders of farm goods hoping to cash in before tariffs take effect.

Trump says job growth will continue when we have more open jobs than unemployed. Clearly, more unfilled jobs doesn't really qualify as job growth.

And people's wages haven't actually gone up. There have been bonuses which is NOT the same as increased salary.

Did obammy make a year of 3.0 growth? That is the target

Read my last post.
I did, hence mine!

You can't cheer the marathon winner halfway through the race.

Especially when the last guy did better 4 times.

How is it different now?

Did obammy make a year of 3.0 growth? That is the target
The operative word being target.

And Obama didn't have to give massive tax breaks to the rich to make the economy look better.

Economic growth hits 4.1 percent for second quarter, highest for Trump

Consumer spending up 4% in the second qtr, but I don't recall what the figure was for the first qtr.

I wonder what wages are for the year so far.

We're not going to see 4% regularly, but if the gdp can grow at 3%, and if the gop would stop increasing spending (hah) this could work out.

Consumer spending and wages will play of the Fed's mind. As will increasing govt spending.

Tariffs remain the biggest question imo. I don't think a modest rise in interest rates to 3% will kill growth
I wasn't interested in joining Deltrex's propaganda circle jerk mods, but thanks for your efforts.

How is it different now?
yes the GDP is high. i hope it's valid.

The US Economy Was Just Revised $1 Trillion Higher

but why did we bump up the overall economy 1 trillion dollars suddenly also? that seems to have had a direct impact on the GDP numbers.

Funny how when the stock market took a dip a while ago it was ALL Trump's fault.
When the economic news is great it's got nothing to do with Trump.......as far as the fucking LIB MSM is concerned.

Unfortunately wages have been going down.
The only thing keeping them as high as they are now are one time bonuses from the tax cuts for corporations and billionaires.
The speculation there is new workers are entering the market and people my age have been retiring.

So is GDP sustainable at 4.1% if wages are dropping?

We realize that any good news for America is bad news for you, troll.

Forum List

Back