Second amendment, should felons be allowed to own guns?

In general I think that once someone has served their time, they should be fully re-enfranchised- both with the vote and their right to own guns.
Except- in my opinion- those who have committed a crime with a gun, or other weapon.

I am curious to see where Republicans go with this- so far generally like in Florida- Republicans are doing what they can to prevent ex-cons from voting. Will they have the same reluctance with firearms?
There should be no restrictions to gun ownership in America.. as far as voting you should not vote if you’re not paying taxes, except for some jobs, like military. Woman shouldn’t be allowed to vote because they can’t fight in war like men can, and they vote with emotion not logic, and there should be a test to vote to keep minorities from voting. They don’t like America anyway

Jeez, you want to restrict it to all white males voting, but have absolutely no restrictions on gun ownership? What a surprise.

No. Any American citizen over the age of 18 (with very few exceptions) can vote. Limiting that is anti-American.
Well that’s not how it used to be and America was great

Limiting the voices of Americans is not the way to go.

The fact that it used to be that only landowners could vote was not what made America great. You are guilty of a causal fallacy.
Contribute to America pay a poll tax,, if your not working, you can achieve the right to vote if you work hard

First you will have to get enough votes to amend the US Constitution. The 24th amendment specifically outlawed poll taxes.
Easy

Women make up 51% of the population. They could stop it. Add minorities in and it would be a slam-dunk to fail.
woman actually voted against the right to vote lol

I bet they won't vote against it now.

In general I think that once someone has served their time, they should be fully re-enfranchised- both with the vote and their right to own guns.
Except- in my opinion- those who have committed a crime with a gun, or other weapon.

I am curious to see where Republicans go with this- so far generally like in Florida- Republicans are doing what they can to prevent ex-cons from voting. Will they have the same reluctance with firearms?
There should be no restrictions to gun ownership in America.. as far as voting you should not vote if you’re not paying taxes, except for some jobs, like military. Woman shouldn’t be allowed to vote because they can’t fight in war like men can, and they vote with emotion not logic, and there should be a test to vote to keep minorities from voting. They don’t like America anyway

Jeez, you want to restrict it to all white males voting, but have absolutely no restrictions on gun ownership? What a surprise.

No. Any American citizen over the age of 18 (with very few exceptions) can vote. Limiting that is anti-American.

The fact that it used to be that only landowners could vote was not what made America great. You are guilty of a causal fallacy.
Contribute to America pay a poll tax,, if your not working, you can achieve the right to vote if you work hard

First you will have to get enough votes to amend the US Constitution. The 24th amendment specifically outlawed poll taxes.

He's just trolling.
Projecting?

Did you fall down the stairs to your mother's basement this morning and hurt your head?
Stop trolling ,, add some substance or be gone

Easy

Women make up 51% of the population. They could stop it. Add minorities in and it would be a slam-dunk to fail.

How about we make it so that only honorably discharged veterans can vote? If you don't want to serve in the military, some sort of Peace Corp like service. Earn your right to vote.
Tax payers shouldn’t vote?

Easy

How about we make it so that only honorably discharged veterans can vote? If you don't want to serve in the military, some sort of Peace Corp like service. Earn your right to vote.

Women and minorities pay taxes, and you want to take away their vote.

Easy

I don’t consider anti Americans citizens , growing up with Hatians and latinos they all said fcuk America, give them a test with some interesting questions if they pass they can vote

Because the Constitution says very clearly that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed there should never be a law against firearm possession. The crime should only be the crime that was committed with the firearm.
The only exception is when you are under the jurisdiction of a probation, parole or if you are confined because of a crime you were found guilty of.

Easy

I don’t consider anti Americans citizens , growing up with Hatians and latinos they all said fcuk America, give them a test with some interesting questions if they pass they can vote
Thank you tyranny Ted..

Easy

Thank you tyranny Ted..
Umm ok..

Easy

Luckily for America, no one gives a shit who you think are Americans.

Maybe you should have spent some more time in the slammer.

Easy

I live in a democrat run city probably will it’s a police state

If the government comes in here and posts the message I responded to then, yes, I'll ask the government. But it was Canon Shooter who said it's not a right so I asked Canon Shooter
So you are good to go with any usurpation of rights by an overbearing government just so long as they don't ask YOU?

- show where the government has the authority to restrict one's access to the Internet.
Show me where the government has the authority to violate my allodial property rights?
Show me where the government has the authority to seize property with no crime then charge you with defending it to get it back?
Show me where the government has the authority to take your kids off you because they don't like how you raise them?
Show me where the government has the authority to tell you what you can eat and how, deny you healthcare, and limit or deny how you practice your faith?
Show me where the government has the authority to even educate your kids and teach them things in secret without your knowledge or approval or against your objections?

See, you prove my point... several points, actually.. Like the point that you don't understand liberty or the Constitution or tyranny.

This whole belligerent sequence from you started with you trying to tell me that there are people who have authority over me and my body and I own nothing and there's no such thing as natural freedom or rights and that I'm not free and that I'm an idiot for saying all those things you mention above are tyranny.......... and now you're accusing me of accepting them.

I've said all along that when people who happen to have jobs in government do things that are not within the authority of the Constitution that is tyranny. I said that the only power they have is what's in the Constitution and you called me out on it... Just like later quoting your own posts and pretending they were mine and then attacking me for what you said, you're doing the same... Your IQ must be really low, in the sub-50 range, I'm guessing. You really can't keep thoughts straight or clear in your mind. You must be a Biden fan.

There are a couple of points:

1) No matter how many times it is repeated, most posters on this board (regardless of political affiliation) do not understand the difference between POWER and AUTHORITY. Even the United States Supreme Court has over-stepped their authority. IF the other two branches of government grew a pair and challenged the judicial branch of government, things might be significantly different today

2) Unconstitutional, immoral, and unconscionable laws exist because we, the people, do not hold all branches of government accountable for their actions.

Easy

Easy

I specifically mentioned citizens. Haitians and latinoes who have become citizens have to have a test to vote? But white Americans don't? I've know too many white Americans who are dumb as dirt.

And women? YOu want to take away their vote even though they pay taxes.

An honorable discharge or some sort of approved volunteer work for 3 years. Sounds like a good way to earn your vote.

'women shouldn't be allowed to vote'

You really do hate the Constitution don't you?

Every time you spout the 2nd Amendment, I am going to remind everyone that you want your Constitutional rights- but you want to deny them to the majority of Americans.

Easy

To be accurate, the Republicans lobby for the POLICE STATE; Democrats want a Nanny State.

Every time you spout the 2nd Amendment, I am going to remind everyone that you want your Constitutional rights- but you want to deny them to the majority of Americans.

He claims to be fighting for the rights of Americans. But he isn't. He wants HIS rights, and everyone else can get fucked.

Easy

To be accurate, the Republicans lobby for the POLICE STATE; Democrats want a Nanny State.

I don't disagree with that, with some crossover.

Easy

Easy

I specifically mentioned citizens. Haitians and latinoes who have become citizens have to have a test to vote? But white Americans don't? I've know too many white Americans who are dumb as dirt.

And women? YOu want to take away their vote even though they pay taxes.

An honorable discharge or some sort of approved volunteer work for 3 years. Sounds like a good way to earn your vote.
If you poll 10 hatians if they like America and 9 out of ten says they want to burn it down then yes we have a issue. And that’s what I’m hearing in the community. What should we do if these refugees are saying these things??

Woman didn’t think woman should vote, many conservative woman believe the same thing. Strip it away! And now

Easy

Police state is an early state, And I don’t know Republican town that has police controlling everything that citizens do.

Forum List

Back