Second amendment, should felons be allowed to own guns?

In general I think that once someone has served their time, they should be fully re-enfranchised- both with the vote and their right to own guns.
Except- in my opinion- those who have committed a crime with a gun, or other weapon.

I am curious to see where Republicans go with this- so far generally like in Florida- Republicans are doing what they can to prevent ex-cons from voting. Will they have the same reluctance with firearms?
There should be no restrictions to gun ownership in America.. as far as voting you should not vote if you’re not paying taxes, except for some jobs, like military. Woman shouldn’t be allowed to vote because they can’t fight in war like men can, and they vote with emotion not logic, and there should be a test to vote to keep minorities from voting. They don’t like America anyway

And if you look at economic factors, being raised in a poor household will see almost the same percentages. Being poor is the problem more than having two parents.
Let’s look at that,, LINK?

Oh, you don't provide links but you want others to provide them?

I'll post it when I am back on my computer. Meanwhile, you keep avoiding the nature of taking away the freedom of women, while not forcing men to take care of their children.
I’m
Saying we should encourage family units not celebrate single motherhood

We do. But I also think celebrating a single woman's decision to keep her child, even after the man walked away, is good too. Anyone who loves their child should be celebrated.

In general I think that once someone has served their time, they should be fully re-enfranchised- both with the vote and their right to own guns.
Except- in my opinion- those who have committed a crime with a gun, or other weapon.

I am curious to see where Republicans go with this- so far generally like in Florida- Republicans are doing what they can to prevent ex-cons from voting. Will they have the same reluctance with firearms?
There should be no restrictions to gun ownership in America.. as far as voting you should not vote if you’re not paying taxes, except for some jobs, like military. Woman shouldn’t be allowed to vote because they can’t fight in war like men can, and they vote with emotion not logic, and there should be a test to vote to keep minorities from voting. They don’t like America anyway

Jeez, you want to restrict it to all white males voting, but have absolutely no restrictions on gun ownership? What a surprise.

No. Any American citizen over the age of 18 (with very few exceptions) can vote. Limiting that is anti-American.

And if you look at economic factors, being raised in a poor household will see almost the same percentages. Being poor is the problem more than having two parents.

I'll post it when I am back on my computer. Meanwhile, you keep avoiding the nature of taking away the freedom of women, while not forcing men to take care of their children.
I’m
I think we should absolutely encourage family units- while at the same time appreciate and support those single parents who are doing the best that they can.
By telling mothers they can’t get welfare if the father lives at hom? Or not give the same amount?

I’m

We do. But I also think celebrating a single woman's decision to keep her child, even after the man walked away, is good too. Anyone who loves their child should be celebrated.
If your daughter did that you would tell her to make a better decision next time, not say good job

How about a test to see whether the potential voter has any sort of grasp of the English language?

Funny, you couldn't join the military because of your felony record. Women may not be able to fight on the front lines, but they can certainly serve in the military. YOu couldn't. But you want their ability to vote removed and yours preserved?

Jeez, you want to restrict it to all white males voting, but have absolutely no restrictions on gun ownership? What a surprise.

No. Any American citizen over the age of 18 (with very few exceptions) can vote. Limiting that is anti-American.
Well that’s not how it used to be and America was great

I’m

If your daughter did that you would tell her to make a better decision next time, not say good job

My daughter DID make that choice. Not to have a child, but she adopted to small children to prevent them from going into the system and likely being separated. And I have celebrated hoer choice.

I’m

My daughter DID make that choice. Not to have a child, but she adopted to small children to prevent them from going into the system and likely being separated. And I have celebrated hoer choice.
I would encourage her to give them up for adoption to a family of a mother and a father as soon as possible to give those kids a chance

Limiting the voices of Americans is not the way to go.

The fact that it used to be that only landowners could vote was not what made America great. You are guilty of a causal fallacy.

I’m

I would encourage her to give them up for adoption to a family of a mother and a father as soon as possible to give those kids a chance

Those two children are thriving. No, they will not be abandoned by another adult who promised to love and care for them.

The fact that it used to be that only landowners could vote was not what made America great. You are guilty of a causal fallacy.
Contribute to America pay a poll tax,, if your not working, you can achieve the right to vote if you work hard

Contribute to America pay a poll tax,, if your not working, you can achieve the right to vote if you work hard

First you will have to get enough votes to amend the US Constitution. The 24th amendment specifically outlawed poll taxes.

First you will have to get enough votes to amend the US Constitution. The 24th amendment specifically outlawed poll taxes.
Easy

Easy

Women make up 51% of the population. They could stop it. Add minorities in and it would be a slam-dunk to fail.

Then you don't believe that those who have done their time should be re-enfranchised. You pretend to support the right to keep and bear arms but you echo the calls of the anti-gun crowd to punish extra for the gun. Like the gun controllers, you make it about the gun instead of about the crime.

Did you fall down the stairs to your mother's basement this morning and hurt your head?

Easy

Women make up 51% of the population. They could stop it. Add minorities in and it would be a slam-dunk to fail.
woman actually voted against the right to vote lol

He's just trolling.

Easy

woman actually voted against the right to vote lol

How about we make it so that only honorably discharged veterans can vote? If you don't want to serve in the military, some sort of Peace Corp like service. Earn your right to vote.

Forum List

Back