Second amendment, should felons be allowed to own guns?

Yes
depends on the offense. if you were convicted of a violent crime, then no, you shouldn't be allowed to ever own a firearm.

other than that - if you paid yer dues & are no longer on probation/parole, then full rights should be restored.
I know a guy that was in a basketball game, his teammate got shoved, it was a all out brawl, he was getting hit, he swung and knocked a guy out, broke his jaw, judge put him in jail, he’s out now, does he have the right to own a gun? He lives in a dangerous neon.
So he got convicted of a violent crime right?
yes he punched a guy in the face in a brawl at a basketball game
When you become a convict you give up the right to own a gun. Consequences.
but once youve paid your debt you are no longer a convict,,,

I’m in the city which is over oppressive, my schools were overrun with illegal immigrants and refugees that added no value to my culture. I fell behind the lines made some mistakes should I be allowed to own a gun to protect my self a family?
if you've paid your debt to society then yes you should,,,

but if you choose to fuck up with that gun we will be there to handle it,,,
my Felonise had nothing to do with guns
Did it have something to do with violence?
He cracked a mirror when he looked at it. You have similar experiences I hear, Assfaceias.
I've cracked a couple of jaws on people that required them needing dental work but no....never had to crack a mirror Azzgosh

P.S. Lots of weapons you can legally defend your home & family with...hammer, heavy chain, baseball bat, pepper spray, caltrops, circular saw blade, fish hooks hanging from the ceiling...

My front door is locked for YOUR protection...not mine!

I pity da foo who is dumb enough to break into my house!

View attachment 327484
Yeah use a hammer on a guy at 2am who has come in through another window armed with a pistol. The loser is??????

Well. You'd have to be sneaky. And real lucky. :)

P.S. Lots of weapons you can legally defend your home & family with...hammer, heavy chain, baseball bat, pepper spray, caltrops, circular saw blade, fish hooks hanging from the ceiling...

View attachment 327484
Yeah use a hammer on a guy at 2am who has come in through another window armed with a pistol. The loser is??????
The guy coming through the window while I have a hammer.
Will do you real good if he pops off a few rounds into you while you get ready to swing..and the loser is????
Hows he going to do that before I cave his head in with a hammer? You just said he was coming through a window right? You think I'm just going to stand there until he gets situated?

When you become a convict you give up the right to own a gun.
Only inalienable rights (grants and privileges) can be taken or given or given up.
Unalineabe rights are inherent, therefore not tangible, therefore cannot be given, taken, passed on etc.
They can only be restricted or ignored. The 2nd amendment clearly states: shall not be infringed- there are no caveats in shall not.

Yes
depends on the offense. if you were convicted of a violent crime, then no, you shouldn't be allowed to ever own a firearm.

other than that - if you paid yer dues & are no longer on probation/parole, then full rights should be restored.
I know a guy that was in a basketball game, his teammate got shoved, it was a all out brawl, he was getting hit, he swung and knocked a guy out, broke his jaw, judge put him in jail, he’s out now, does he have the right to own a gun? He lives in a dangerous neon.
Not true. Do you know what convict means? It means you have been convicted of a crime.

Only inalienable rights (grants and privileges) can be taken or given or given up.
Unalineabe rights are inherent, therefore not tangible, therefore cannot be given, taken, passed on etc.
They can only be restricted or ignored. The 2nd amendment clearly states: shall not be infringed- there are no caveats in shall not.
So why cant you own a LAW or hell...a nuclear weapon?

View attachment 327484
Will do you real good if he pops off a few rounds into you while you get ready to swing..and the loser is????
Hows he going to do that before I cave his head in with a hammer? You just said he was coming through a window right? You think I'm just going to stand there until he gets situated?

I recommend the claw , of course.

Yes

Not true. Do you know what convict means? It means you have been convicted of a crime.
doesnt matter cause the 2nd A is clear on the matter,,,and says nothing about if youve committed a crime,,,

do you think those that do own nukes should have them????

View attachment 327484

I recommend the claw , of course.
I prefer my 12 gauge but a hammer will have to do since it was a what if question.

Yes

Once you have served your time, you are an ex-con, not convict.

Yes

doesnt matter cause the 2nd A is clear on the matter,,,and says nothing about if youve committed a crime,,,
It doesnt have to. The law says that. If you think its wrong you need to convince the SC to overturn the law.

Would the felony conviction prevent you from being able to join your State Militia? ... or if moribund, regular US military service? ...

A felony is a very serious crime, in Oregon just beating someone into the hospital is only a misdemeanor, from ORS 163.160:
(1) A person commits the crime of assault in the fourth degree if the person:
(a) Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causes physical injury to another;
(b) With criminal negligence causes physical injury to another by means of a deadly weapon; or
(c) With criminal negligence causes serious physical injury to another who is a vulnerable user of a public way, as defined in ORS 801.608
(“Vulnerable user of a public way”)
, by means of a motor vehicle.
(2) Assault in the fourth degree is a Class A misdemeanor.

[the rest snipped off]

To commit a felony, we'd have to use a baseball bat or knife to put someone in the hospital ... and even then the local DA might let you cop to "criminal negligence" and avoid the felony conviction ... we're not talking about a little mistake we've made when we were young and unwise ... we're talking about a Great Big Mistake when we were young and unwise ...

I lived a couple doors down from Neo-Nazi Gun Nuts ... those folks knew gun law backwards and forwards, and most other criminal law besides ... they really loved their guns and any kind of felony conviction would have been ruinous to their self-esteem ... I hated their politics but they sure were the most law-abiding citizens around ... and with them packing heat on their hips kept real criminals and riff-raff away ... the wife made Glok a real fashion statement ...

So the question is how much does the prospect of never being able to possess a gun all the days of one's life keep folks on the right side of the Law? ...

Yes

It doesnt have to. The law says that. If you think its wrong you need to convince the SC to overturn the law.
yes it does,,,

I don't have that kind of money- and, as I said, unalienable Rights can only be restricted or ignored- which laws tend to do, guilty of a real crime or not.

Yes

Once you have served your time, you are an ex-con, not convict.
I stand corrected.

I have no problem with non-violent felons having guns

Wife beaters, rapists, armed robbers, murderers or conservatives?

No way, they can’t be trusted

Yes

yes it does,,,
So why cant ex cons or cons own firearms then?

I’m in the city which is over oppressive, my schools were overrun with illegal immigrants and refugees that added no value to my culture. I fell behind the lines made some mistakes should I be allowed to own a gun to protect my self a family?

No.

The government, our government, according to the Bill of Rights and Constitution and social contract already entrusts us—the people—with enough responsibility, gives us one hell of a benefit of the doubt, when it comes to freedom to uphold the law or not. Those who have failed this burden of responsibility by becoming convicted felons have in essence betrayed the trust of both our way of life and every other American who follows the law over an entire lifetime. Too bad, so sad. But on the bright side there's always slingshots, spears and bows. Welcome to the Stone Age.

Forum List

Back