Seattle to defund Police by 50 percent!!!

Reform can work yes.
However Cincinnati didn't remove 50% of the police budget and call it "reform".
They made legitimate changes... not just remove half their budget and think that is a good thing
Know the difference their champ.

And BTW - many municipal law enforcement have already adopted many of the ground breaking reforms Cincy did years ago.

Seattle isn't simply going to cut funding and nothing else .

Right, we know that, they're going to cut funding and increase crime.

It's worked elsewhere and will also in Seattle.

Great, what cities have defunded the police?

Not interested in your hyperbole. I already posted a link. Get over it. It's going to expand to other cities.

1. Seattle hasn't actually done anything yet. It'll be interesting to see what the political fallout will be, especially among the less well-to-do.

2. they want to cut the 2021 budget for the police by 50%, but they also want to cut the funding for the police for what's left of 2020. And as far as I know, they have nothing concrete (details) for how they will maintain law and order once the number of cops is cut that much.

3. I imagine that many cops on the police force are going to be quitting or retiring in larger than normal numbers, and probably more of them will be good cops rather than otherwise.

4. It'll be interesting to see how the elections in November go in Seattle and the state of Washington. It will also be interesting to see how their economy responds, I'd be quite surprised if they don't see a decline in new businesses starting up and an increase in existing businesses relocating elsewhere. Who the hell want to invest in a place where you don't have sufficient safety and security for your business and your employees?

Reform can work yes.
They made legitimate changes... not just remove half their budget and think that is a good thing

And BTW - many municipal law enforcement have already adopted many of the ground breaking reforms Cincy did years ago.

That's exactly what they are voting for.

1. Cut funding
2. ?????
3. Effective low impact policing?

Reform can work yes.

Not interested in your hyperbole. I already posted a link. Get over it. It's going to expand to other cities.

The reality is shit like what Seattle is doing leads to more crime, which prog idiots like pknoop will never associate with prog policies. Instead they will blame guns for it.

Reform works.

Reform can work yes.

No but halving the police force is monumentally stupid.
The result is going to go down as one of the worst decisions in municipal history.
Having said that - they won't actually do it. They just want to appear to be doing it to appease the morons.
Of course they'll do it. These are Democrats and Democrats can't win elections without a large turnout of black voters supporting them, so they'll pass anything that they think is popular among black voters even if they believe it will do monumental damage to the city. NYC just cut the police budget by about 20% in the middle of a growing crime wave.

Reform can work yes.

1. Cut funding
2. ?????

We can see how it has worked elsewhere.

Reform can work yes.

1. Cut funding
2. ?????

Where specifically did they do what Seattle is trying?

Not reform, de-funding.

Reform can work yes.

Seattle is merely conforming to the deep state corrupt antidisestablishmentarians.

Edit: Did I say antidisestablishmentarians? Eh! I should have used a fresh new more appropriate term: antidisestablishmenterrorists of the left.

If the constituents support such an initiative, let it happen.
If it works, power to them. If it goes sideways it’s ALL on them.....

Reform can work yes.

What worked? Defunding the budget by 50%....and it worked?
Please provide a link to that one.

Reform can work yes.

1. Cut funding
2. ?????

The 2018 crime rate in Cincinnati, OH is 518 (City-Data.com crime index), which is 1.9 times greater than the U.S. average. It was higher than in 96.3% U.S. cities.

And Cincinnati didn't cut the funding for their PD by 50% either. Fewer cops = more crime. Unavoidable.

Cincinnati is not Seattle and Washington state is not Ohio, meaning the laws are different, the governing i different and the circumstances are different. Meaning what works in Cinci or anywhere else might not work in Seattle. The Seattle city council wants to cut PD funding for the rest of this year by 50%. There's no word about what their plans are to maintain law and order, frankly I suspect they don't have any beyond the wistful return to the "summer of love". Good luck with that. I know of no example in history where a big drop in your police force did not result in a significant boost in crime.

Seattle just nuked itself !!!
It will be the white trash Baltimore

I really enjoy watching Bolshevik city after city destroy itself

Half the money means half of the police force. While the anti-Americans celebrate, wait until they need a police officer and it takes him an hour or more to get there.

I agree. I'm wondering how many of the Seattle police will be there at all. Not nice working for folks who throw you under the buss. They could all go to another city or town to work.

If I were them I'd say fuck you Seattle. Let those who made this decision shag their asses out to answer calls. You can't outlaw evil. NO cops. Plenty of evil.

Half the money means half of the police force. While the anti-Americans celebrate, wait until they need a police officer and it takes him an hour or more to get there.
There will be plenty to respond when they take them away from patrol & harassing citizens.

Reform can work yes.

Hannity: Democrats are taking big steps to defund and dismantle the police: These cities have begun defunding police in the wake of George Floyd protests

I agree. I'm wondering how many of the Seattle police will be there at all. Not nice working for folks who throw you under the buss. They could all go to another city or town to work.

If I were them I'd say fuck you Seattle. Let those who made this decision shag their asses out to answer calls. You can't outlaw evil. NO cops. Plenty of evil.

The police officers in NYC are doing just that. Now they are trying to stop them by placing a limit on how many can take early retirement.

If husband and wife are fighting and the city sends out social workers instead of police officers, and the social worker sustains serious injury or death, how much coverage do you suppose the MSM would give such a story? Or what would a social worker do if by the time they get there, the husband is beating the hell out of his wife and she passes away from her injuries because they couldn't stop him?

I sure hope this money they're saving by reducing their police force gets put away in a nice safe place, because something tells me they are going to need it for all the lawsuits coming there way.

Here's what De Blasio's reform looks like:

Actually, crime is up more. Robberies, like the cell phone snatch, are up nearly 39% — from 943 last January to 1,290 last month. Shootings are up nearly 29% from 52 to 67. Transit crime is up nearly 30%, and car theft is up 72%. Burglaries are up more than 20% and larceny is up nearly 11%.

There have been 38 murders over the last 28 days, twice as much as the same period last year, according to NYPD stats as of up to June 14. So far this year, there have been 159 murders, which is 25% higher than last year, the stats show.

There are lessons to be learned but, it takes common sense. I don't see common sense too often from the liberal leaders.

There will be plenty to respond when they take them away from patrol & harassing citizens.

Wrong. Here in Cleveland they were moaning about doing the same thing--defunding the police. On a normal weekend, each patrol unit is backed up five or six calls as it is. Unless it's a violent situation, don't expect an officer there until the next day.

Cut that manpower in half, and even the violent calls won't be able to get an officer to the location. But as I always say, you get what you vote for.

Here's what De Blasio's reform looks like:

Actually, crime is up more. Robberies, like the cell phone snatch, are up nearly 39% — from 943 last January to 1,290 last month. Shootings are up nearly 29% from 52 to 67. Transit crime is up nearly 30%, and car theft is up 72%. Burglaries are up more than 20% and larceny is up nearly 11%.

There are lessons to be learned but, it takes common sense. I don't see common sense too often from the liberal leaders.

I think what they are trying to do is create all these problems and try to blame the President for them. If that is their plot, they are going to be in for a rude awakening when it turns around to bite them on the ass.

Reform can work yes.

Hannity: Democrats are taking big steps to defund and dismantle the police: These cities have begun defunding police in the wake of George Floyd protests

Sadly, New York and Los Angeles. The Minneapolis Mayor is said to have stood up to his city council who voted to defund, but he vetoed the idea and refused to comply. It seems to me the cities that are sanctuary cities also want to defund the police, at least verbally. A lot of city residents have stringently opposed this madness, except where communism has been accepted as their burden for living in a politically aflame area that favors tearing the nation in half to get what they want, because they know America's traditional enemies will fund tearing up the USA.

I think we should retake America from the hatemongers who would damage their communities with this insane course of action. The silent majority citizens who don't want to defund the police will be punished by the Deep State, and they deserve our protection, imho. This isn't a Democrat footshoot, it's chaos that precedes all communist takeovers of countries willing to undergo a lot of murder and mayhem.

New Topics

Forum List

Back