Seattle to defund Police by 50 percent!!!

Reform can work yes.
However Cincinnati didn't remove 50% of the police budget and call it "reform".
They made legitimate changes... not just remove half their budget and think that is a good thing
Know the difference their champ.

And BTW - many municipal law enforcement have already adopted many of the ground breaking reforms Cincy did years ago.

Seattle isn't simply going to cut funding and nothing else .

Right, we know that, they're going to cut funding and increase crime.

It's worked elsewhere and will also in Seattle.
What worked? Defunding the budget by 50%....and it worked?
Please provide a link to that one.

I have to chuckle. The "defund" part is to disband the unions but now we have the right arguing against that.

The thing is your side is only singling out police unions. ALL public sector unions should be disbanded.

You get civil service protections, or you get union protections, you shouldn't get both.

Argue that. This is about the police. Should we discuss the carpenters unions here also? If we get to the point where they are beating people and killing them and the carpenters unions start defending them you will likely get your way.

But you say you want to get rid of the unions. Why fight that here?

Public sector unions, not all unions. Try to stop being dense, or stupid, or stupid/dense.

Fine, when teachers start beating kids and killing them with the teacher unions defending them, you will likely win that argument.

So again, why the defense of the unions now?

Wow, talk about obtuse.

The issue with Public sector unions is that the people negotiating against them don't have a real dog in the fight. They can agree to placate the unions, and then kick the cost can down the road. And the issue with teachers unions in particular is they really only protect the really bad teachers. Read up on NYC's rubber rooms for some info on that.

Show me where specifically Seattle's 50% defunding of the police calls for disestablishing their union.

King County Labor Council expels Seattle police union

Do you have a problem with this?

Yes, because they are not holding any other public sector union to the same standards.

That's not the reason. What other public sector unions are carving out exemptions and defending those who murder others?

Are you trying to be an idiot and not actually respond to my statements, or is this just you being retarded?

If you wish to defend the police unions, have at it. They are going to reform or go away. People aren't pissed at the other unions.

Public unions are a bane on our democracy.

In non-public union situations the ownership has their side, the unions their own. In public unions the "owners" are elected officials, and said public unions often have electoral power beyond their numbers, due to the ability to deliver votes of their members en masse. Therefore you don't have a truly adversarial negotiation, the politicians, push comes to shove, will always kowtow to the public unions, and try to push down any costs to when they are out of office.

As long as those like yourself are defending the police unions, I really can't take you seriously.

Defending the POLICE. They can keep associations, but they should either have collective bargaining or civil service protections, not both.

My issue is with singling out Police Unions, and allowing other public sector unions to remain.

Either get rid of them all, or not. no picking the ones you like.

Teachers unions don't work to protect murderers.

All unions exist, in particular public sector ones, to protect the worst performing members.

You just can't bring yourself to go against the Prog need for public sector unions.

Reform can work yes.
They made legitimate changes... not just remove half their budget and think that is a good thing

And BTW - many municipal law enforcement have already adopted many of the ground breaking reforms Cincy did years ago.

I have to chuckle. The "defund" part is to disband the unions but now we have the right arguing against that.

The thing is your side is only singling out police unions. ALL public sector unions should be disbanded.

You get civil service protections, or you get union protections, you shouldn't get both.

Argue that. This is about the police. Should we discuss the carpenters unions here also? If we get to the point where they are beating people and killing them and the carpenters unions start defending them you will likely get your way.

Public sector unions, not all unions. Try to stop being dense, or stupid, or stupid/dense.

Fine, when teachers start beating kids and killing them with the teacher unions defending them, you will likely win that argument.

Wow, talk about obtuse.

The issue with Public sector unions is that the people negotiating against them don't have a real dog in the fight. They can agree to placate the unions, and then kick the cost can down the road. And the issue with teachers unions in particular is they really only protect the really bad teachers. Read up on NYC's rubber rooms for some info on that.

Show me where specifically Seattle's 50% defunding of the police calls for disestablishing their union.

Yes, because they are not holding any other public sector union to the same standards.

That's not the reason. What other public sector unions are carving out exemptions and defending those who murder others?

Are you trying to be an idiot and not actually respond to my statements, or is this just you being retarded?

If you wish to defend the police unions, have at it. They are going to reform or go away. People aren't pissed at the other unions.

In non-public union situations the ownership has their side, the unions their own. In public unions the "owners" are elected officials, and said public unions often have electoral power beyond their numbers, due to the ability to deliver votes of their members en masse. Therefore you don't have a truly adversarial negotiation, the politicians, push comes to shove, will always kowtow to the public unions, and try to push down any costs to when they are out of office.

As long as those like yourself are defending the police unions, I really can't take you seriously.

Defending the POLICE. They can keep associations, but they should either have collective bargaining or civil service protections, not both.

My issue is with singling out Police Unions, and allowing other public sector unions to remain.

No, they're just there to protect the child molesters.

Reform can work yes.

Wow, talk about obtuse.

But they don't. You have them confused with the Catholic Church.

Reform can work yes.

Wow, talk about obtuse.

But they don't. You have them confused with the Catholic Church.

They both do.

Google 'teachers convicted of sexual assault'. Over 21 million hits. You cannot truly doubt that teachers rape and molest students, can you? A helluva lot more than cops kill unarmed black people.

Did someone say they didn't?

Google 'teachers convicted of sexual assault'. Over 21 million hits. You cannot truly doubt that teachers rape and molest students, can you? A helluva lot more than cops kill unarmed black people.

Violating a minor in a sexual way is against the law. A police officer or citizen killing an unarmed person is not.

She did it. She's trying to save her own ass. She vetoed the budget including cuts to police. Council says they have enough votes to override it. Let's see if they put their political ass on the line and actually do it.

Forum List

Back