Seattle becomes first major U.S. city to ban straws

if California wants to eliminate plastic just ban boob jobs in Hollywood!
Those things show up in our oceans and sea life mistake them for Jellyfish

implants-3-1-18.jpg

Last edited:
Will the last person in California to use a straw say, “well, that’s the last straw”

actually, i'm gonna do that!

Plastic straw bans to basically nothing to help the environment and mainly only hurt businesses who rely on plastic straws and disabled people who depend on plastic straws

They are banning plastic straws. Not all straws.

Taco Time went to compostable straws a few years ago. The straws are just fine and one of the reasons why so many here go to Taco Time. They are very environmentally responsible.

If you don't live in Seattle what is your problem?

Meanwhile people like me and the rest of us in Seattle applaud the change and hope that it helps our environment.

While no city is perfectly clean Seattle is relatively cleaner than most large cities. When we see a problem we don't ignore it we find solutions that make our city a much better place. There's a reason why people flock to the area and have been since the 70s.

No one is taking straws away from anyone much less disabled people. Everyone will just use more environmentally friendly straws. That's all.

OOOOH change is so bad isn't it?

If you want to live in a polluted garbage dump that's your choice. Not mine. Nor is it the choice of the people of Seattle. We have that right. You have no right to stop us. The change won't do anything but help make our environment a cleaner place. That's it.

No one in Seattle is forcing you to change what you do in your cities so why are you bitching about this?

Plastic straw bans to basically nothing to help the environment and mainly only hurt businesses who rely on plastic straws and disabled people who depend on plastic straws

Taco Time went to compostable straws a few years ago. The straws are just fine and one of the reasons why so many here go to Taco Time. They are very environmentally responsible.

Meanwhile people like me and the rest of us in Seattle applaud the change and hope that it helps our environment.

While no city is perfectly clean Seattle is relatively cleaner than most large cities. When we see a problem we don't ignore it we find solutions that make our city a much better place. There's a reason why people flock to the area and have been since the 70s.

No one is taking straws away from anyone much less disabled people. Everyone will just use more environmentally friendly straws. That's all.

If you want to live in a polluted garbage dump that's your choice. Not mine. Nor is it the choice of the people of Seattle. We have that right. You have no right to stop us. The change won't do anything but help make our environment a cleaner place. That's it.

No one in Seattle is forcing you to change what you do in your cities so why are you bitching about this?
I’ve been to Seattle and it is a beautiful city. And yes, it is very clean

Switching from plastic to paper straws costs nothing

I can see why a conservative would be so upset

I’ve been to Seattle and it is a beautiful city. And yes, it is very clean

Switching from plastic to paper straws costs nothing

I can see why a conservative would be so upset

Taco Time which is a pretty good mexican fast food place switched a few years ago. The straws aren't made from paper that I know of. They look like a regular straw but they're dark brown in color.

The color is the only difference that I can see. I still get my soda through the straw with no problem.

These people are whining about such stupid things. Especially since they don't even live here. Why do they even care?

It's just nuts.

Now they are banning straws??

What's next?? Paper plates??

Whoever runs Seattle is a moron.

Next is plastic forks, spoons, and knives.

Oh no. Disposable flatware that's not made from plastic?

Oh the horror!

What will we do?
Next thing you know.......Paper Plates!

It's so ridiculous. The person I replied to didn't even bother to read the article.

They lie and say that straws are banned. They aren't banned.

Just plastic straws.

They act like the world is coming to an end because we decided to use non plastic straws here in Seattle.

If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.

Now they are banning straws??

What's next?? Paper plates??

Whoever runs Seattle is a moron.

Next is plastic forks, spoons, and knives.

Oh no. Disposable flatware that's not made from plastic?

Oh the horror!

What will we do?
Next thing you know.......Paper Plates!

It's so ridiculous. The person I replied to didn't even bother to read the article.

They lie and say that straws are banned. They aren't banned.

Just plastic straws.

They act like the world is coming to an end because we decided to use non plastic straws here in Seattle.

If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.
Hey.....conservatives are still fuming over not being allowed to use incandescent light bulbs

in New Zealand, residents will now get fined $100K if they use or distribute a plastic bag

Forum List

Back