Season Opening

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
So, the winter sports season is fast approaching and it's an exciting time of year. So much to do with recruiting, planning, scheduling, etc. Looking forward to seeing the returning kids build on the skill and experience they gained last season and over the summer.

And why is this in the Race Relations forum you ask?

So, the winter sports season is fast approaching and it's an exciting time of year. So much to do with recruiting, planning, scheduling, etc. Looking forward to seeing the returning kids build on the skill and experience they gained last season and over the summer.

Because you're a racist, troll? That's my guess.

Because you're a racist, troll? That's my guess.

Bad guess.

Because sports builds camaraderie and teamwork across racial lines.

I'll take P.K. Subban on my team any day.

Youth hockey is an extremely expensive sport for parents, both in money and time commitment. I'm a bit of an expert as two of my sons played for years until they were eligible for and had the talent to make their high school teams. Before that though I spent $1000- $1500 each year per kid, just on replacing outgrown, expensive, equipment and their prorated share of their team's ice rental time which I recall in those days was in the $100-$125 an hour range. Then layer in costs for travel and hotels for out of town weekend or holiday tournaments that are a given in most youth hockey programs and the bucks really add up.

I recall reading a few years ago about someone in Chicago starting a program for inner city kids based on donations from outsiders but don't know if it panned out or is still going on.

Because the Mexican soccer league is about to get under way?

OK -- thread is gonna die a horrible death if you keep us all in suspense. I'm listening. WHY is this thread in the Race Forum???

giphy.gif

Forum List

Back