Scottie Scheffler

competition is fine, I just don't see LIV doing anything positive for the game of golf. Do you?
I think competition is always healthy.. tell me where it hasn't been?

The NFL benefited greatly from the AFL and USFL.
The NBA benefited greatly from the ABA, including the 3 point shot.

Competition. The PGA is an old, frail dinosaur. I'd love to see a PGA vs. LIV showdown at the end of each golf year.

You afraid of a little competition? And you still have no problems with Nike?
It's just a bunch of oil bloated Saudi's who are making an attempt at 'sportswashing', and while this is purely speculative, I'm of the opinion that the PGA's biggest douchebags left for LIV. Johnson, Kopeka, Reed, Sergio, some of their brightest stars, all douchebags, IMO.

Again, I only speculate, based on previous stories I've read on all of them. They are all living it up and getting that mad oil money though, let 'em do their thing. Zero interest.

It's just a bunch of oil bloated Saudi's who are making an attempt at 'sportswashing', and while this is purely speculative, I'm of the opinion that the PGA's biggest douchebags left for LIV. Johnson, Kopeka, Reed, Sergio, some of their brightest stars, all douchebags, IMO.

Again, I only speculate, based on previous stories I've read on all of them. They are all living it up and getting that mad oil money though, let 'em do their thing. Zero interest.
So you support Nike then?

You keep ignoring that part. here’s attempt #3

I think competition is always healthy.. tell me where it hasn't been?

The NFL benefited greatly from the AFL and USFL.
The NBA benefited greatly from the ABA, including the 3 point shot.
I just said competition is fine. I respect it more when the competition sets a better example to evolve the sport or business im a better way. While I like the team aspect of how LIV is formatting their contests all in all I don’t see them growing the game of golf in a positive way.

I don’t see them growing the game of golf in a positive way.
That’s a really vague statement.. Why not?

And why do new leagues have extra expectations of having to “grow the game”.. is the PGA doing that? Without Tiger, their ratings aren’t so hot over the past 10 years

That’s a really vague statement.. Why not?

And why do new leagues have extra expectations of having to “grow the game”.. is the PGA doing that? Without Tiger, their ratings aren’t so hot over the past 10 years
Well I see them trying to turn golf into a drunken party, like going to a football game. That’s fine if that’s what they want to do but for me personally that’s completely opposite of what I like to experience with the game.

I put expectations on new leagues to grow the game if they are going to be something I support. That should be a given. Why would you support something that takes the game in the opposite direction as you like?

I’m not a die hard fan of the PGA but they do a ton to grow the game and support an incredible amount of youth programs.

With all the money that LIV has its pretty disappointing that they don’t seem to be making significant efforts to do something similar

Forum List

Back