Science for Use in Science Fiction

The Search for Extraterrestrial Life as We Don’t Know It​

Scientists are abandoning conventional thinking to search for extraterrestrial creatures that bear little resemblance to Earthlings
I started to watch the tv series, War of the Worlds, and in the first episode the protagonist says, "I believe we have detected evidence of extra-terrestrial life.", I couldn't stop laughing.

There really 8s no need to travel faster than light.

Do you know how long it would take you to travel ANYPLACE in the universe at light speed?

INSTANTLY. Not hours. Not minutes. Not seconds. INSTANTLY.

It would take 4.367 years to get to alpha centauri. About the same to get to proxima a and b.

Not instantly.

There really 8s no need to travel faster than light.

Do you know how long it would take you to travel ANYPLACE in the universe at light speed?

INSTANTLY. Not hours. Not minutes. Not seconds. INSTANTLY.

Did you know the edge of our observable universe is growing faster than the speed of light? Everything is expanding at a faster and faster rate. So even at light speed you could never get to the edge. And eventually we will look up and not see any stars. They will have moved so far away we won't see what we see today. If you believe in the big bang.

Some reference links to clear my top bar saves;

Scientists Have Figured Out How to Create Wormholes For Transportation Across Space​

~~~~~~~~~~

PLATO: How an educational computer system from the ’60s shaped the future​

Forums, instant messaging, and multiplayer video games all started here.​

~~~~~~~~~~~~
New Superconducting Material Could Lead to Revolutionary Advancements
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thrilling New Evidence Suggests Earth's Life Came From Space​

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Risk of Giant Asteroids Hitting Earth Could Be Worse Than We Realized​

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scientists Say Aliens Could Be Hiding In ‘Terminator Zones’ On Planets Outside Our Solar System​

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Space Industry Insider Explains Truth Behind All These "Alien Mothership" Rumors​

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Missing Link: The Remains Of Noah’s Ark May Have Finally Been Discovered​

Tunnel Vision

That's at the speed of light. At the present top speed, it would take 30,000 years. But through a path in the outside universe, where the maximum velocity is c², it would take 12 minutes.
I just discovered that I can look up How the Universe Works and go through and find which episodes I want to watch. Every episode. I don't care so much about the ones about Neptune or Pulsar Stars. Some of the ones I love are about this topic. I think I just saw something about that last night watching one about Voyager 1 and 2. They went between our suns power and then gradually got out of our solar system and into interstellar space. Now they are getting hit by interstellar radiation. Are you saying once we are out there things get faster? Cool.

There is a sound out there. Voyager picked it up and scientists listened to the sound of deep space. Almost musical.

They looked back and took a picture of earth. Such a beautiful site. The best space ship as far as we are concerned.

I also heard once that Voyager 1 and 2 STILL aren't actually outside the pull or power of our sun. We are on the cusp. But getting really into interstellar space may take decades longer. Still I think its great we sent them out. Now us humans are officially intersteller beings. We actually sent something outside our solar system. That is amazing huh?

What do you mean it would take 12 minutes? To get where?

They went between our suns power and then gradually got out of our solar system and into interstellar space. Now they are getting hit by interstellar radiation. Are you saying once we are out there things get faster? Cool.

What do you mean it would take 12 minutes? To get where?
As Students, These Germans Weren't Allowed to Think for Themselves

Since the nerdy, conformist, and narrow-minded freaks who took over Physics never mention it, you have been led to misinterpret what logic has led me to conclude about a universe outside this one, not one outside our solar system.

The Quantum Leap, changing locations without motion, is impossible unless it is like any other jump: a movement into another dimension. Therefore, there has to be an outside universe where the particle can travel to before coming back to this universe in a different place from where it started.

E = mc² is also impossible unless it is propelled from outside our universe. Therefore, the maximum velocity in the mother universe is the square of the maximum velocity in this universe. Einstein fabricated some weird explanation for this, not wanting to admit that it is the formula for a collision. Fission causes a breakthrough to that universe, letting in the propellant, which seems to be embedded in the Strong Force.

The other universe, the fourth spatial dimension, is directly "underneath" ours and interfaces with us. So a photon traveling through it would submarine the surface of our space in three minutes at the same time light traveling only on that surface would take a year. Photons would take pictures around Alpha Centauri and return with them at the same speed.

There’s a Massive Antarctic Exploration Vehicle Lost Somewhere at the Bottom of the World​

Last seen in 1958, it was designed to travel 5000 miles and self-sustain for an entire year.
6258d0e614430.png

Scientists discover gigantic 'structure' under the surface of the Moon​

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Massive ocean discovered beneath the Earth's crust containing more water than on the surface​

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Length of Earth’s Days Has Been Mysteriously Increasing, and Scientists Don’t Know Why​

The length of a day has critical impacts on our technologies, navigation, and more.

Archiving here, June 17,2023 AM planetary alignment;

One Of The Rarest Cosmic Events Ever Is Happening And You Can See It​

Five planets will be lined up in space Saturday. How to see the ‘planetary alignment’​

Archiving here, June 17,2023 AM planetary alignment;

One Of The Rarest Cosmic Events Ever Is Happening And You Can See It​

Five planets will be lined up in space Saturday. How to see the ‘planetary alignment’​

This happened on Thor, the movie. Lol. Seriously this is cool. I was up north a few weeks ago and every night before the sun went down you could see the moon and Venus. Venus was very bright and close. Crazy that light in the sky is another planet. What our ancestors must have thought when they saw it. They would have thought it as just another star. But where did it come from? And then where did it go?

Scientists discover gigantic 'structure' under the surface of the Moon​

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Massive ocean discovered beneath the Earth's crust containing more water than on the surface​

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Length of Earth’s Days Has Been Mysteriously Increasing, and Scientists Don’t Know Why​

The length of a day has critical impacts on our technologies, navigation, and more.​

Earth is spinning slower.

Earthbound solar storm could cause 'internet apocalypse'​

'Internet apocalypse': How NASA's solar-storm studies could help save the web​

Is the "internet apocalypse" coming?​

Above show another take on EMP.

Forum List

Back