Sciatica question(s)

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Injured my lower back L4 several years ago. Initially I struggled to function at all then gradually as the first few months went by my mobility came back. I have struggled with sciatica almost exclusively in the mornings and not even every morning. Usually a 6 AM burning hot shower took it all away. It also only ever hurt while standing or walking.
Pain in:
Left hip/butt
Left calf
Left ankle
left foot big toe and one next to it go numb

Till now...

Now in the last few weeks I have the pain near constantly no matter my position. Nothing has changed in my diet or daily activity except for the passage of 4 or 5 years.

Thoughts?
Tips?
Home remedies?
Home therapeutics?

Thanks for reading my whine lol

Thoughts?
I don't know a tradesperson (look how PC i am!) of tenure w/out some similar story....
Chiropractor.....
Home remedies?
1652226495864.png

Home therapeutics?
1652226556577.png

yer allowed...

~S~

• Banned
I don't know a tradesperson (look how PC i am!) of tenure w/out some similar story....

Chiropractor.....

View attachment 642936

View attachment 642937

yer allowed...

~S~
Your massage is probably spot on. I did a bit of research online and the one thing that came up multiple times were Vietnam or Korean Barber Shops.

Crazy shit for a barber shop and if anyone knows WHY THE FUCK do they shave their foreheads and noses lol! Oh and the women also shave their entire faces like men

Your massage is probably spot on. I did a bit of research online and the one thing that came up multiple times were Vietnam or Korean Barber Shops.

Crazy shit for a barber shop and if anyone knows WHY THE FUCK do they shave their foreheads and noses lol! Oh and the women also shave their entire faces like men
I've been lucky, only had one trade related operation on a bum knee.

That said, plz make the 'big cut' the last option on yer list Maidiac

Lots of options, and they may seem crazy , but what works works!

~~S~

• Banned
I've been lucky, only had one trade related operation on a bum knee.

That said, plz make the 'big cut' the last option on yer list Maidiac

Lots of options, and they may seem crazy , but what works works!

~~S~
I let them cut both my shoulders in my early 20's.

Never again

First, the symptoms you describe could be from aging-related degenerative disc disease, not necessarily sciatica. There are medical procedures for both but one would be surgical (disc disease), the other a more simple procedure called a Rhizotomy (for sciatica). Neither are perfect but have enough success to consider if the pain cannot be cured in any other way.

As a 15-year MRI tech, and a multiple lumbar and cervical spine surgery veteran, I wouldn't go near a Chiropracter if they paid ME.
Good luck with it!

Rhizotomy
well you just know that's worth a google Es....

Rhizotomy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure to remove sensation from a painful nerve by killing nerve fibers responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. The nerve fibers can be destroyed by severing them with a surgical instrument or burning them with a chemical or electrical current.

~S~

Injured my lower back L4 several years ago. Initially I struggled to function at all then gradually as the first few months went by my mobility came back. I have struggled with sciatica almost exclusively in the mornings and not even every morning. Usually a 6 AM burning hot shower took it all away. It also only ever hurt while standing or walking.
Pain in:
Left hip/butt
Left calf
Left ankle

Till now...

Now in the last few weeks I have the pain near constantly no matter my position. Nothing has changed in my diet or daily activity except for the passage of 4 or 5 years.

Thoughts?
Tips?
Home remedies?
Home therapeutics?

I have sciatica as well, partially as a result of degenerative disc disease..

If it gets bad I go to the chiro and get my hips reset.

When your spine is injured, your gate is affected, as your movements are stifled, shortened.

This throws your hips out of whack, which can exacerbate your condition.

It is key that you are honest with the chiropractor, and make him/her aware of your preexisting conditions.

It really helps.

• Banned
First, the symptoms you describe could be from aging-related degenerative disc disease, not necessarily sciatica. There are medical procedures for both but one would be surgical (disc disease), the other a more simple procedure called a Rhizotomy (for sciatica). Neither are perfect but have enough success to consider if the pain cannot be cured in any other way.

As a 15-year MRI tech, and a multiple lumbar and cervical spine surgery veteran, I wouldn't go near a Chiropracter if they paid ME.
Good luck with it!
I remember the day I hurt myself so it's not age

Pain in:
Left hip/butt
Left calf
Left ankle

Till now...

Thoughts?
Tips?
Home remedies?
Home therapeutics?

Yep, you have either a bulging or ruptured disc at L4/L5. You better get to see an orthopedic doctor right away and see if it can be put back in place/treated, or needs a surgical solution. Trust me, it isn't going to just "go away." See a doctor now.

I used to have a couple of near-crippling bouts of sciatica a year. I thought it was something I was just going to have to live with. Then one night I was sitting in a bar telling this random woman about it. She leaned back and checked out my ass. She said to quit carrying my wallet in my back pocket. I did and it worked. It's been about 4 years ago and I've been totally fine.

Pressure on the calf muscle helps. My wife had it so bad she couldn't walk and got physical therapy that helped. Good luck.

I used to have a couple of near-crippling bouts of sciatica a year. I thought it was something I was just going to have to live with. Then one night I was sitting in a bar telling this random woman about it. She leaned back and checked out my ass. She said to quit carrying my wallet in my back pocket. I did and it worked. It's been about 4 years ago and I've been totally fine.
A friend of mind found out that his belt was causing it. He got suspenders and it went away.

A friend of mind found out that his belt was causing it. He got suspenders and it went away.
That's also about the time I started wearing a suspender tool belt so that might have something to do with it too. I may be the only 60 year-old homebuilder in the world without chronic back problems. Don't know how I managed that. I've always been the big guy everyone looks to to lift the really heavy shit.

Pain in:
Left hip/butt
Left calf
Left ankle

Till now...

Thoughts?
Tips?
Home remedies?
Home therapeutics?

I have always had a bad lower back so I started taking relief factor a few yrs ago when I could barely walk and couldnt stand under my own weight, it took about 2 weeks to really notice and since then have been doing almost great. if I miss more than 4-6 days it starts to come back.
what it is is just fish oil with turmeric and some other anti inflammatories

Chiropractor got rid of mine in 2 visits.....and i was limping pretty good went i went in to his office...
A neighbor of mine who was a chiropractor told me that it was just a scam. The patients who think he fixed their back would have got better anyways.

But he takes the money anyways and laughs all the way to the bank.

A neighbor of mine who was a chiropractor told me that it was just a scam. The patients who think he fixed their back would have got better anyways.

I went when I first hurt my back and he made it worse lol

Adjust your eating also. America is the land of the crappy diet. It will greatly lessen the inflammation. Avoid chemicals in your food as well. Organics. Try it for a week you will see the difference.

yea right......i went in limping in pain came out in a lot less pain and this was after about 3 weeks of putting up with this and my regular doctor doing all sorts of shit which had no effect on it....you might be able to fool people who have never been to one....but i know better...

Forum List

Back