School Holds “Black Lives Matter” Assembly, Ban Other Races

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
This is absurd...

Illinois High School Holds “Black Lives Matter” Assembly, Ban Other Races from Attending

Oak Park and River Forest High School in Oak Park, Illinois held a “Black Lives Matter” assembly last week, but banned anyone who was not African American from attending. Oak Park is just outside of Chicago.

White students who tried to attend were physically barred from entering the auditorium where the meeting was taking place. Parents of these students said that their children were turned away when they tried to enter.

However, Principal Nathaniel Rouse, who organized the event and is black, is not backing down from his decision to exclude other races. Not only that, but by banning “whites,” he does not feel that he was being “exclusive.”

Illinois High School Holds Black Lives Matter Assembly Ban Other Races from Attending PUNDIT PRESS

As a result of the approach taken at the school, Rouse said, the students shared their thoughts about being the only black students in advanced placement classes, having few black teachers, and their feelings about always having to represent their race rather than themselves in classroom discussions.

"Unfortunately, the stories that they shared weren't new to me. They were experiences I had in high school and experiences I had in college," he said.

But knowing the issues, Rouse added, helps school officials address them. For instance, Rouse said he's acutely aware of the lack of black teachers and is working hard to recruit them.

Though the affinity groups began with black students, Rouse said he hopes to have similar groups in the near future for white, Latino and Asian students. And once the students have had their say in the individual groups, he hopes to culminate the effort with a school-wide event that lets all students talk about race together.
OPRF parents upset apos Black Lives Matter apos assembly excludes other races - Oak Leaves

What was the problem?

This is a good thing. Why should there be whites at an event discussing issues Black students have? What are they going to do? Take notes?

The OP is trying to make it seem like white students were wrestled to the ground instead of just being told not to enter. :laugh:

This is a good thing. Why should there be whites at an event discussing issues Black students have? What are they going to do? Take notes?

It's further division. Let a school have a "White Lives Matter" and exclude blacks. Be honest, what would happen
Nothing would happen. If white people were being shot by Black cops all the time Black people could relate and respect the position of the event being white only.

As a result of the approach taken at the school, Rouse said, the students shared their thoughts about being the only black students in advanced placement classes, having few black teachers, and their feelings about always having to represent their race rather than themselves in classroom discussions.

"Unfortunately, the stories that they shared weren't new to me. They were experiences I had in high school and experiences I had in college," he said.

But knowing the issues, Rouse added, helps school officials address them. For instance, Rouse said he's acutely aware of the lack of black teachers and is working hard to recruit them.

Though the affinity groups began with black students, Rouse said he hopes to have similar groups in the near future for white, Latino and Asian students. And once the students have had their say in the individual groups, he hopes to culminate the effort with a school-wide event that lets all students talk about race together.
OPRF parents upset apos Black Lives Matter apos assembly excludes other races - Oak Leaves

What was the problem?

What was the problem?!

Like you would be asking such a question if a school in Mississippi had an assembly where it banned black students........

What was the problem?

What was the problem?!

Like you would be asking such a question if a school in Mississippi had an assembly where it banned black students........

The problem is that the OP wasn't bright enough to read the intext links of the article it posted.

And that is all.

It's further division. Let a school have a "White Lives Matter" and exclude blacks. Be honest, what would happen
Nothing would happen. If white people were being shot by Black cops all the time Black people could relate and respect the position of the event being white only.

White people are being shot by cops, perhaps if blacks wouldn't attack cops they wouldn't get shot? Novel idea, eh?

If they held a "white lives matter" and excluded blacks there would be an uproar, you know it and I know it. Stop the charade

What was the problem?

What was the problem?!

The problem is that the OP wasn't bright enough to read the intext links of the article it posted.

And that is all.
I read it just fine, you just want to the ignore the obvious. A leftist loon I presume

What was the problem?

What was the problem?!

And that is all.
I read it just fine, you just want to the ignore the obvious. A leftist loon I presume

Ignoring the obvious is more in line with your hillbilly BS.

What was the problem?

What was the problem?!

And that is all.

Ignoring the obvious is more in line with your hillbilly BS.

Awwww you are a left loon, you're butt hurt and posting age old BS

If the country is to be properly divided along racial lines as well as political lines it's only right to ban whites. Whites however will have their own meetings and not bother telling blacks at all.

The whole slogan if "black lives matter" is out there to imply that they, supposedly, don't matter to whites......more specifically white cops.
So whitey tries to reach out a hand.....attempts to hear blacks' grievances......only to pushed away.

Pretty piss-poor race relations

And that is all.

So, a person who sees through the double talking excuses a black principle offers for his overt racism is LESS intelligent than the one who marches so thoroughly in lockstep to the drum beat of political correctness that they are incapable?

White people are being shot by cops, perhaps if blacks wouldn't attack cops they wouldn't get shot? Novel idea, eh?

If they held a "white lives matter" and excluded blacks there would be an uproar, you know it and I know it. Stop the charade
No....white people are not being shot by Black cops at the rate white cops are shooting Blacks. Now youre just being silly. Like I said before, If whites were getting shot by Black cops all the time Blacks would understand and there would be no uproar. No one cares if whites have a white only event in response to something that affects only whites. What makes you think there would be an uproar?.

No....white people are not being shot by Black cops at the rate white cops are shooting Blacks. Now youre just being silly. Like I said before, If whites were getting shot by Black cops all the time Blacks would understand and there would be no uproar. No one cares if whites have a white only event in response to something that affects only whites. What makes you think there would be an uproar?.

Get informed and get back to me, until then you're just an annoyance. No time for fools

The whole slogan if "black lives matter" is out there to imply that they, supposedly, don't matter to whites......more specifically white cops.
So whitey tries to reach out a hand.....attempts to hear blacks' grievances......only to pushed away.

Pretty piss-poor race relations
No one asked you to reach out a hand. They were holding an event. Basically you arent needed. If you want to help, direct your efforts towards meeting with your white people and figure out a way to fix things on your end.

The OP is trying to make it seem like white students were wrestled to the ground instead of just being told not to enter. :laugh:

So you're fine with a white student group excluding blacks because blacks have no business discussing issues white students have right?

Forum List

Back