School Boards need to be held criminally liable for school shootings (Poll)

Should laws holding school boards and security personnel responsible be passed?

• Yes, children require grown-ups to protect them

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • No, I'll explain why in my post

Votes: 23 54.8%

• Total voters
This knee jerk response to call everyone a "liar" is both destructive and A COMPLETELY FALLACY. Show some manners!!!

Initial reports were that he had shot an armed guard outside the school to gain access to the school, and two policemen who had arrived on the scene.

"The 18-year-old gunman who killed 21 people at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, was not confronted by police before he entered the school, a Texas law enforcement official said Thursday, contradicting earlier comments from authorities and raising further questions about the police response to the massacre.
"He walked in unobstructed initially," Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) Regional Director Victor Escalon said. "So from the grandmother's house, to the (ditch), to the school, into the school, he was not confronted by anybody."
Thanks for the correction.
If I see a blatant lie I call the liar a liar.

We need to agree that ALL school entrances need to be secure. Is that so difficult to agree on?

Pineapple
1653657229213.png
<----- pineapple (so what?)

Fix it how?
  • Strict, short term limits
  • Publicly-funded elections
  • Ranked Choice Voting
  • Non-Partisan primaries
  • Independent Redistricting Commissions

• Strict, short term limits
  • Publicly-funded elections
  • Ranked Choice Voting
  • Non-Partisan primaries
  • Independent Redistricting Commissions
Add no "mail-in" voting.
I like term limits.
Which party would support them? (neither)
Ranked choice is too complicated, we can't count votes correctly now. Look at Oz/McCormick, still waiting.
Publicly funded elections? The USSC said donating is "free speech". Too easy to cheat.
Non-partisan primaries? Some states have that now, its called "jungle primaries" it freezes out the minority party.
Redistricting is a very partisan issue, there is no such thing as an "independent commission".

Add no "mail-in" voting.
I like term limits.
Which party would support them? (neither)
Ranked choice is too complicated, we can't count votes correctly now. Look at Oz/McCormick, still waiting.
Publicly funded elections? The USSC said donating is "free speech". Too easy to cheat.
Non-partisan primaries? Some states have that now, its called "jungle primaries" it freezes out the minority party.
Redistricting is a very partisan issue, there is no such thing as an "independent commission".
Nothing is perfect. I'm pushing for that agenda. That's it.

The 11 shots were ineffective because the shooter was wearing Kevlar and I still haven't seen anything indicating from where he obtained it, because it's not sold to the general population.
Yes, it is.

Body armor, worn by the Buffalo shooter, faces far fewer regulations than guns

Who can buy body armor?​

The only purchase limitation in most of the U.S. is a federal ban on possession of body armor by people convicted of violent felonies. Connecticut restricts body armor sales further by requiring sales to be face-to-face transactions.

In a sharp contrast with firearms, no states require background checks, permits or registration.

Some retailers decline to sell to civilians. But others sell products to anyone who will purchase it.

Cheap vests run from about $200 to $300. At the highest end, body armor and ceramic plates can be very expensive, as much as thousands of dollars for a complete set.

Funny how Republicans say individuals are responsible for their own actions, but when their guns are under threat, they'll make others responsible for the actions of others.
Yeah, we don't do that. We're not into collective guilt like y'all are.

99.9999+% of legal gun owners are responsible with their firearms and don't commit crimes with them. You want to punish them for something they didn't do.

Can schools be "hardened" by modern designs to stop potential shooters from entering the schools?

The short answer is "yes".

So why aren't all schools secure from crazies with guns? I blame school boards. I do not accept any excuses.
Just get the money and do it.

That said, are security systems perfect?
The short answer is "no".
The Sandy Hook school had security doors, but the shooter was let in, carrying his AR.
Whoever opened that security door should have been prosecuted.

Any support for holding School boards, and security personnel legally responsible for school security?

Let's back up here. The bad guys are the shooters. Holding people responsible is one thing, but this is WAY too far and pointless

One US city, Chicago, has strict gun control laws, and 3,000 shooting victims a year. You were saying gun grabber?
The Official Democrat Opinion is to blame Indiana.

Yeah, I know, it's stupid as hell. But they bitterly cling to it.

What will fix it for good?
Maybe we start thinking a little bigger. For a change. If we still can.

21 to buy a gun. 21 to use a gun in the army. From 18-21, give them other jobs to do.
Then we clean up background checks.
Then we work on improving a culture that is so ugly and violent that it turns troubled, lonely, isolated young people into mass murderers.
This is an all-of-the-above, all hands on deck issue that should transcend ideology. I'm doubtful it will.
There are approximately 393 million guns in America, a large portion of that in the hands of people who don't give two shits about the law. The cat's out of the bag. The toothpaste is out of the tube. The horse is out of the barn.

If we don't approach this as a cultural problem, all the laws in the world aren't going to change that fact.

Forum List

Back