Scalise Withdraws From House Speaker Race

Yes I do because its true. The US needs to cut spending drastically. The EU needs to pick up the slack for Ukraine.

View attachment 842446
Its about dropping the child fucking investigation into Gaetz.

House Majority Leader Steve Scalise, R-La., has withdrawn from the House speaker race after he failed to unite the Republican conference around his candidacy.

"I just shared with my colleagues that I'm withdrawing my name as a candidate for the speaker designate," the Louisiana Republican told reporters on Thursday night, just one day after he narrowly won the support of his conference over Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan, the Trump-endorsed pick for speaker and the House Judiciary Committee.

But as the hours wore on, it became clearer and clearer that Scalise could not win over his detractors. At least 19 House Republicans opposed his candidacy as of Thursday evening, according to a Spectrum News tally.

"Our conference still has to come together and is not there," he added. "There are still some people that have their own agendas, and I was very clear we have to have everybody put their agendas on the side and focus on what this country needs.”

"This House of Representatives needs a speaker and we need to open up the house again," he said. "But clearly, not everybody is there. And they're still schisms, that has to get resolved."

Scalise has been the No. 2-ranking House Republican since 2019 and part of Republican House leadership since 2014. The Louisiana Republican, who turned 58 last week, was nearly killed in 2017 when a left-wing extremist opened fire on lawmakers during a practice for the annual congressional baseball game, wounding Scalise and three others.

This is a developing story. Check back later for updates.

Scalise withdraws from House speaker race - NY1

Well, that's a fine mess! What will they do now? What do you think?

James Gymboi Jordan as Speaker will be the final nail in the coffin of the Grand Old Party.

Scalise won the vote 113-99 but 8 radicals say they won't vote for Scalise.
Scalise withdrew, so now 20 Old Guard Republicans say they won't vote for Jim Jordan

It's a battle for control of the Budget. Big cuts or no cuts. No clue how this will turn out.

My solution is to have the 8 holdouts list their demands, and then guarantee them and put up the nominees again, including McCarthy to see who gets the most votes.
This is where your thinking and that of the hateful 8 is lacking.
There will be no big cuts regardless of a shutdown or any other tantrum. Period.
It’s divided govt with the Dems holding all the power with two out of the three deciding what goes where.
Mature people understand this and realize they have no power.
The Republicans would get more of what they want simply through negotiations than by a shutdown.

Its about dropping the child fucking investigation into Gaetz.
What child fucking investigation? That ended in 2021, no indictment, just lies, duh.
The FBI doesn't drop investigations into real crimes, unless they are committed by democrats.

Is that like the one for grown men (college wrestlers) being abused in Ohio State by a fag doctor?

The democrat lies aren't the issue. The Budget Deficit is the ONLY issue.

This is where your thinking and that of the hateful 8 is lacking.
There will be no big cuts regardless of a shutdown or any other tantrum. Period.
It’s divided govt with the Dems holding all the power with two out of the three deciding what goes where.
Mature people understand this and realize they have no power.
The Republicans would get more of what they want simply through negotiations than by a shutdown.
We'll see. The House controls the purse...

The final nail in the coffin of America is when the goddamn Democrats got away with stealing the 2020 Presidential election.
Why wasn't a tough guy like you (so many tours in the 'nam), at the Jan 6 insurrection, with an upside down American flag screaming "Kill the duly elected politicians!"?

What child fucking investigation? That ended in 2021, no indictment, just lies, duh.
The FBI doesn't drop investigations into real crimes, unless they are committed by democrats.

Is that like the one for grown men (college wrestlers) being abused in Ohio State by a fag doctor?

The democrat lies aren't the issue. The Budget Deficit is the ONLY issue.
Always lies, except for

Santos Anna.png

Huh? Over the years Democrats have been losing moderates in several different ways and they talked about primarying both Sinema and Manchin, the only two moderates left. The others were either all thrown overboard or switched parties years ago, some even recently.
The Dems haven’t thrown anyone overboard, that’s the point you’re missing. I think the last time was Joe Lieberman who was primaried and kicked out because he supported the Iraq war.

Dems and the left scream "democracy!". Then when they get a dose of it they cry.
That does not make a god damned bit of sense! What we are seeing in the House is not Democracy. It is a tyranny of an MAGA minority.

THIS would be democracy

There are currently 433 House members—221 Republicans, 212 Democrats, and two vacancies. A successful speaker bid will likely need 217 votes, meaning that assuming no Democrats are absent (a big “if,” given the Covid cases that keep happening among members) and all Democrats vote for Jeffries, the New York Democrat will need five Republicans to support his bid.

Who could those Republicans be? There are more than you might think, at least in theory. The most obvious pickup opportunities are among the 18 GOP House members who represent districts where Joe Biden beat Donald Trump.

The Dems haven’t thrown anyone overboard, that’s the point you’re missing. I think the last time was Joe Lieberman who was primaried and kicked out because he supported the Iraq war.
The left threw Sinema overboard and wanted to with Manchin. They have with others too. And, several Democrats have switched parties because they were no longer welcome in their own parties.

Forum List

Back